Snooty Capricorn
Bells
Switch
1011-8615-7046
Red Tulip
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pear (Fruit)
So I have 40 nmt and are looking for Chrissy, what's the best way to do it so you don't feel burnt out?
Do 10 a day or put on some music get some coco and do all 40?

You’ll have to do them all in one go as the available space will probably be sold after a day or so

There's a very good chance a random villager will move in if you spread it out over 4 days.
Coco time!
Post automatically merged:

You’ll have to do them all in one go as the available space will probably be sold after a day or so
One of my villagers want to move out, will they be I need boxes today or tomorrow?

Coco time!
Post automatically merged:

One of my villagers want to move out, will they be I need boxes today or tomorrow?
The slot of land needs to be unoccupied (empty of houses, reset to the ropes + boxes look) and unsold for you to get somebody to move in. So, if memory serves correctly, once you tell somebody to move out, you'll be able to island hop in two days.
  1. Day 0 - Tell them to move out
  2. Day 1 - Boxes
  3. Day 2 - Empty Plot of Land
  4. (I think: ) Day 3/4 - Randomly assigned villager moves in if left open

So I have 40 nmt and are looking for Chrissy, what's the best way to do it so you don't feel burnt out?
Do 10 a day or put on some music get some coco and do all 40?
Unfortunately you have to go through them in one sitting or Tom Nook will sell your unsold plot.

To be able to see villagers when visiting mystery island, you have to have an empty plot. If your villager is still in boxes, you will not encounter any villagers. Even if you have a plot and not a house, once it says sold on the front, you won't be able to see villagers when visiting islands. It must be an available plot.

The slot of land needs to be unoccupied (empty of houses, reset to the ropes + boxes look) and unsold for you to get somebody to move in. So, if memory serves correctly, once you tell somebody to move out, you'll be able to island hop in two days.
  1. Day 0 - Tell them to move out
  2. Day 1 - Boxes
  3. Day 2 - Empty Plot of Land
  4. (I think: ) Day 3/4 - Randomly assigned villager moves in if left open

Sorry for jumping in real quick! So, just to be clear, on Day 2 I would go island hopping or adopt from another person's island to ask a villager to move in? Or could I do it on Day 1(boxes) also?

Sorry for jumping in real quick! So, just to be clear, on Day 2 I would go island hopping or adopt from another person's island to ask a villager to move in? Or could I do it on Day 1(boxes) also?
Yeah I wondered that I did it on day two and got villagers on every island, I even got a few rare ones

Grab a warm beverage of choice (cocoa sounds amazing), get in a comfy spot with access to different music if necessary, and make a plan. The first time I island-hopped I was going to collect all the fruit, hit all the rocks, dig up any fossils, collect any DIYs, take a picture with the villager, and shake every tree for the item. Then I realized that was taking waaaay to long!

So, my plan is to grab the DIYs, get any fossils (which I usually find on my DIY run), and then take a picture with the villager.

Grab a warm beverage of choice (cocoa sounds amazing), get in a comfy spot with access to different music if necessary, and make a plan. The first time I island-hopped I was going to collect all the fruit, hit all the rocks, dig up any fossils, collect any DIYs, take a picture with the villager, and shake every tree for the item. Then I realized that was taking waaaay to long!

So, my plan is to grab the DIYs, get any fossils (which I usually find on my DIY run), and then take a picture with the villager.
Thanks this was the most useful post I've seen so far, I ended up getting the fruit taking a picture and leaving.

Thanks this was the most useful post I've seen so far, I ended up getting the fruit taking a picture and leaving.
I would still keep the shaking of trees for an item in your list. Note that items will only drop from NON fruit trees, there's usually not that many of those on the island so it shouldn't take long at all.

Based on my experience there's always an item on an island but there's not always a DIY bottle or fossils.

I tried island hopping in short bursts but it’s addicting. If you spend hours doing it it can take a toll on you physically so I wouldn’t recommend that.

Yeah I wondered that I did it on day two and got villagers on every island, I even got a few rare ones
Yes, it's only possible on the day their house is gone! If they are still in boxes, you won't encounter any villagers on islands and you won't be able to invite a villager from someone else's island.

Back