• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us ~~now~~ for a super special secret staff stream! Don't h8, spect8!

BJD Ball Jointed Dolls (Den of Angels)

Bambi

Doe Eyed Deer
Bells
Cake
Is anyone here a collector of BJD's. I want to get my first BJD and am saving up for it! I would love to join the forum Den of Angels but I need an invitation! I am 25 years old, mature and you won't regret inviting me! I would appreciate it forever and always <3 lol.

I have 2--a DollFairyLand Luna (Rose Full Package) and the Limited Edition Emilia from Iplehouse. I bought both secondhand (due to missing their official sales). I haven't decided who I'd want to get next--I like too many and really can't afford it :( As much as I love some of the dolls, I feel bad spending so much.

I technically have a Pureneemo Secret Wonderland Chiika as well, but I've heard mixed things on whether or not she counts.

Edit: And I have 7 invitations if you'd like to PM me your email.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Jennifer! I have sent you a PM :)

I'd love to see pictures of your dolls, BJD's are simply beautiful! What are their names??

I'm looking to get a LUTS Senior Delf Kara doll. I have to save up bigtime!

I'm mostly a Dollfie Dream person, because I prefer the anime aesthetic. And Dollfie Dreams are barely tolerated on Den of Angels, because they're vinyl, not resin, and they are no longer strung. I have Rin Tohsaka, Reimu Hakurei, Aoko Aozaki, Alice Kuonji, Saber Alter v2, a custom Victorique de Blois (from the GoSick anime), and an original character doll custom named Kaycee. I also pre-ordered Hatsune Miku. Yeah. I have too many DDs. :rolleyes:

I only have 1 resin doll, a Charlotte Super Dollfie. The newer version of her that just came out earlier this year. She looks like this. She's the only doll I have that is completely and utterly the definition of a BJD.

I also have 1 Azone doll, but Azones are also vinyl, just like Dollfie Dreams.

I was a BJD collector. I stopped at 5 boys. But I still love them all. I used to post regularly on Den of Angels but have left the forum for a number of years now.

This is one of my really old photographs of J. (Soulful Skye is the name of my old site where I used to upload photos of my BJDs.) He was modded and customized by a Japanese BJD artist. My favorite of all my boys. :blush:

jaha51sc.jpg

I collect BJDs! I have a MiroDoll Wind named Dawn, and I also have a Hujoo Dana named Emily... Yes, Hujoo Dana isn't made of resin, but she's still strung with ball-joints, so she counts to me. :p

That's awesome! I'd love to see pics of all of your dolls :)

Crankycupcake, he is beautiful!

Any of you do face-ups yourself?

I have a couple of BJD's.. I have about 5 Latis, a fairyland pukifee, a DIM sweet girl and 2 girls from leekeworld. I am more a collector of not BJD's though. ^^ I have customized a couple of my BJD's but I do lots of blythe customizing for the most part. ^^

What BJD are you looking into getting? ^^

I love BJDs! I was really into them some years back but I never really got to buy one for myself. I particularly love the Volks SD13s and the LUTS Delfs. I remember going around looking at all the shops that sell them and their accessories here in Hong Kong. But I never had the courage to splurge that much.. I got Blythes and Pullips instead. :3

Any of you do face-ups yourself?

This is KC. I did his faceup. Went for a natural look. I also modded him by sanding different parts of his face as I wanted softer contours. (He is originally a Link from Volks. Link was not popular.)

kccontemplate.jpg

While I'm at it, here's a picture of Crazy Ed, another one of my boys.

boaedlike.jpg

Part of the great fun I had being a BJD owner, was taking photographs of them. I absolutely loved doing it and took hundreds and hundreds of photos. Below is a photo of Crazy Ed (SD13) with Wish, who is a smaller (SD10) BJD boy.

afterawhilemontage2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos. I'll stop now. :blush:

Last edited:
I have a Doll Chateau doll! she is blank, and naked, but she is still very beautiful!! i wish i had the money to give her face-ups and everything but i am but a poor person
i wanted to make her look like me! if I save up the money, I might get a boy body, too
and since we have a sewing machine, I can try to sew them clothes! yay

Ohh wow, I know this is an old-ish thread but didn't think I'd find BJD owners/enthusiasts here!

I've been in the hobby for 10 years now! Took a long break from it but slowly getting back into it :)
I have 11 dolls right now; I tend to purchase dolls from Volks, Luts and BlueFairy :D

Back