Brewster's Banter - General Discussion

my favorite season is either autumn or winter, i love the cold weather. i love the free time i have that comes along with summer but i can’t stand hot weather, i’d rather freeze than be hot.

Netherlands! Despite being further north than you, it has been the same here as every summer for the last ten years: heat waves, temperature records, not enough rain, and very sad plants all around.
As someone who used to want to move to the Netherlands, this is heartbreaking DX I thought it was often rainy/cloudy and that appealed to me (which maybe it is in colder seasons, I’ve been for a week in summer so I can’t say) but it’s sad to hear that it isn’t as lush.

Netherlands! Despite being further north than you, it has been the same here as every summer for the last ten years: heat waves, temperature records, not enough rain, and very sad plants all around.
that's so sad :,) I always heard the Netherlands was a beautiful country, sucks the heat waves and drought are making it depressing

As someone who used to want to move to the Netherlands, this is heartbreaking DX I thought it was often rainy/cloudy and that appealed to me (which maybe it is in colder seasons, I’ve been for a week in summer so I can’t say) but it’s sad to hear that it isn’t as lush.
that's so sad :,) I always heard the Netherlands was a beautiful country, sucks the heat waves and drought are making it depressing

It does rain quite a lot for most of the year! Just not during summer. It makes me sad, it still is a very nice country (I've certainly seen worse, although I admit I am biased). I dislike heat enough that I've considered moving away from here to an even colder country, but you know, everything I've ever known is here, so not sure I'll ever go through with that :LOL:

All four seasons have their ups and downs, and one of the ups are holidays and events. What’s your favorite holiday from each season? It can be a national holiday or a worldwide holiday.

For me, it would be Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, and Halloween. In 2021, three of these holidays landed on a Sunday.

For me, my favorite holidays in each season are:

Winter: Christmas, hands down (I don’t think my birthday counts but if it does it’d be second)
Spring: Easter only for the pastel colors and chocolate
Summer: There aren’t really any holidays I celebrate in summer tbh. I guess 4th of July?
Fall/Autumn: Halloween. I love an excuse to eat candy and dress up in costume

Winter, Christmas
Fall, Thanksgiving
Spring, Easter
Summer, independence day.
-------
I would love for there to be an August Holiday. (Why does ACNH have fireworks in August the whole month anyway? What are they celebrating? I love the vibe of August in ACNH. June July and August is my favorite time of the year in ACNH. 🪲🎇)

All four seasons have their ups and downs, and one of the ups are holidays and events. What’s your favorite holiday from each season? It can be a national holiday or a worldwide holiday.

For me, it would be Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, and Halloween. In 2021, three of these holidays landed on a Sunday.
Winter: Christmas or Hanukkah (mixed family baybeeee even though im agnostic.)
Spring: Passover (again agnostic so not the same, but still a celebration and doing good around the community/family)
Summer: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i dont know. pride??????????? idfk i dont know any summer holidays except the 4th of july.
Autumn: HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN im feral for halloween its my anniversary with my partner and i just love the holiday.

Scotland has four seasons in a day 😂💜 lovely place to live but you can never go out without an umbrella. Summer definitely needs layers 😍

It is true that Summer doesn’t have too many holidays. Other than Flag Day, Juneteenth, 4th of July, and (in Canada, Civic holiday), Summer is a quiet season for holidays, unless if you want to count Camp TBT or TBT Fair as a holiday. While Winter is a very busy season for holidays. Other than Christmas, Mardi Gras is my favorite winter holiday. It’s going to land on my birthday next year.

My favorite season is definitely autumn, but they’re extremely volatile down here. The lead in to winter generally isn’t too awful though; it’s pretty bad during actual winter, but the lead-in is usually more stable. Spring tends to carry over a lot of Winter cold and then it’s great for a little bit before getting sweaty and summer hits like a truck. Summer and winter are both terrible here ngl.

also heck yea Halloween.

Kinda random but is The Museum gonna have another summer art trade event? If nobody else was planning to host it I thought of making it myself but I feel like others could do a better job organising it, I’d definitely jlin this year again though!

Best snacks for each season
Spring: baked asparagus with olive oil, garlic, herbs, and feta crumbles
Summer: fresh mango+Tajin
Fall: stuffing (cooked safely outside of turkey)
Winter: peppermint white hot chocolate + warm chocolate chip cookies

Last edited:
Maybe Im silly, but to me Brewsters Banter implies that Brewster is British since I never hear the world banter used by anyone non-British
Post automatically merged:

(btw the best season doesnt exist because spring is too nippy, summer is too hot, autumn is too rainy and winter is too cold... the correct answer is actually that the best season of the year is that one part in mid-spring and mid-autumn where the temperature is just right for you to wear a t-shirt and jeans and NOT overheat or freeze)

Last edited:
Maybe Im silly, but to me Brewsters Banter implies that Brewster is British since I never hear the world banter used by anyone non-British
I'm from the Midwest (USA) and it's sometimes used here but definitely more common in Britain.

All I have where I live is the dry and wet seasons. However, with climate change its now the wet and wetter season.

How many of you guys actually did Barbenheimer? I want to but I REALLY want to with my bf, so I’m holding out until we can watch the movie together. It’s gonna be a long time

How many of you guys actually did Barbenheimer? I want to but I REALLY want to with my bf, so I’m holding out until we can watch the movie together. It’s gonna be a long time
I'm not much of a movie-goer at all so I haven't seen either, but even casually observing from the outside this seems to be a movie lineup of epic proportions, so I'm very tempted to see them haha
Post automatically merged:

Kinda random but is The Museum gonna have another summer art trade event? If nobody else was planning to host it I thought of making it myself but I feel like others could do a better job organising it, I’d definitely jlin this year again though!
actually I hadn't even thought about the whole Summer Secret Santa thing, that might be fun! I definitely wouldn't be able to organize it myself though, I can't even get myself together for this Camp TBT event 😅

guys I was at an outlet store yesterday and they had a really cute white sweatshirt that had the pink Barbie logo on it, and I didn't buy it but I've literally not stopped thinking about it since then. I may need to go back for it haha 😊💕
whut store 👀 if you don't mind sharing. idk if its a local store or not.

whut store 👀 if you don't mind sharing. idk if its a local store or not.
it's called Bealls Outlet! there's a good number of locations here in Ohio, if that gives you any hope hehe

also off topic but I have some exciting news! I can now record me playing my keyboard directly onto my computer, and I'm lowwwkey thinking about making a thread in The Museum to share some of my stuff with yall 👀

Back