Coronavirus

it looks like the coronavirus hit Japan pretty hard
I'm in Japan and I don't really feel it's that hard.
Again, it's only specific group of people (who are older and/or have chronic disease) that could possibly get severe situation by infection. Because of media making it look like worse, and our government having been taking stupid actions is accelerating people's agitation - people who are not educated much, it looks like that in my eyes.
People over here have been running back and forth to try buy up stuff that are made from paper. Such as, toilet paper, kitchen paper, cleaning tissues, or sanitary pads. Thanks to false information someone said in SNS, no any toiled paper packs selling in any stores over here past few days, which is so annoying.
The actual percentage of death by this virus is, in China 0.0002025 %. (at the point Feb. 29th) And over here in Japan it's 0.00000473186 %. (15 hours ago)

Apparently its in a school near me. I am not worried. If thats true we maybe get a few weeks off.

Well, the first case of Coronavirus just hit my country. And the first people who diagnosed with it actually live pretty close to my house...

What should i do?

Well, the first case of Coronavirus just hit my country. And the first people who diagnosed with it actually live pretty close to my house...

What should i do?

Don’t go near them if you see them.

As always, continue washing your hands/keeping clean when necessary.

Just treat it as if someone has the flu.

What should i do?

Wash your hands regularly, try not to touch your face/eyes/nose/mouth without washing your hands first. Try to keep a safe distance from those who are visibly sneezing/coughing. If you want to take an extra precaution try to not go to crowded spaces (subways, airports, popular restaurants, etc).

The biggest thing though is washing your hands regularly especially if you come in contact with things people touch often. Toilet flushers, public doorknobs, stuff like that.

The actual percentage of death by this virus is, in China 0.0002025 %. (at the point Feb. 29th) And over here in Japan it's 0.00000473186 %. (15 hours ago)
Of what? Of the whole population? Obviously it's not gonna kill the entire country. If you mean of the infected people, then those numbers are ridiculous lies.

Of what? Of the whole population? Obviously it's not gonna kill the entire country. If you mean of the infected people, then those numbers are ridiculous lies.

About 2% of people die from the Coronavirus which is high imo. That make its 20% more deadly than the flu which can already kill elderly and children. Which makes it so dangerous is that people can be carriers without even realizing it.

theres really nothing to worry about if you are not elderly and do not have any underlying health conditions (that being said i have a couple of health conditions and i am terrified) the death rate is much much higher in the elderly which is why you shouldnt be worried about yourself but the people you might interact with, if you think youre at risk you should avoid interacting with people who are vulnerable. the worrying part is how overwhelming this might be for hospitals in each country which is something we dont know yet. i feel terrible for the chinese people as well, the xenophobia they and other asians have to deal with is upsetting and their government tried covering this up like sars again and are still trying to silence as much people as they can, its so frustrating that they didnt learn a thing.

theres really nothing to worry about if you are not elderly and do not have any underlying health conditions (that being said i have a couple of health conditions and i am terrified) the death rate is much much higher in the elderly which is why you shouldnt be worried about yourself but the people you might interact with, if you think youre at risk you should avoid interacting with people who are vulnerable. the worrying part is how overwhelming this might be for hospitals in each country which is something we dont know yet. i feel terrible for the chinese people as well, the xenophobia they and other asians have to deal with is upsetting and their government tried covering this up like sars again and are still trying to silence as much people as they can, its so frustrating that they didnt learn a thing.

That blatant racism is astounding.
Saw that a legitimate question was “can I get corona virus from Chinese food???” Lmao Karen, I guarantee you’ve never had actual Chinese food in ya damn life and no Chinese food or the sugar chicken you think is Chinese food won’t give you Corona virus.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm in Japan and I don't really feel it's that hard.
Again, it's only specific group of people (who are older and/or have chronic disease) that could possibly get severe situation by infection. Because of media making it look like worse, and our government having been taking stupid actions is accelerating people's agitation - people who are not educated much, it looks like that in my eyes.
People over here have been running back and forth to try buy up stuff that are made from paper. Such as, toilet paper, kitchen paper, cleaning tissues, or sanitary pads. Thanks to false information someone said in SNS, no any toiled paper packs selling in any stores over here past few days, which is so annoying.

I'm not trying to be factious but didn't they let out all schools 2 weeks early because of the virus? I genuinely want to know if it's a lot of schools or just schools where my friend lives.

I live in the Tampa Bay Area and we just got our first case last night... not much has changed except that hand sanitizer is completely sold out at work.

I've heard that 5G significantly increases the activity of the virus due to the smaller, more intense radio waves and positive ions. The city in China that first had an outbreak was one of the first cities to completely implement 5G. I know there have been people who have been negatively affected by 5G for other illnesses but its interesting to see how this might affect other diseases in the future as well. Of course I don't think it's the reason for the spread of the illness but it kinda makes sense as to how it could incubate it.

I've heard that 5G significantly increases the activity of the virus due to the smaller, more intense radio waves and positive ions. The city in China that first had an outbreak was one of the first cities to completely implement 5G. I know there have been people who have been negatively affected by 5G for other illnesses but its interesting to see how this might affect other diseases in the future as well. Of course I don't think it's the reason for the spread of the illness but it kinda makes sense as to how it could incubate it.
I'd need some serious sources to even consider this anything but a crazy conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
My mum said that she was talking to her friend and (east) Asians think that America planted the virus in China due to the conflict and I was like LOL that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard...

Why would you be calculating the death rate against the entire population of the country? What does that tell you exactly? The relevant statistic is deaths per cases (mortality rate), which is around two percent.

Some of the fear is completely justified. People who compare this to the flu are missing the point. Current indications are that SARS-CoV-2 is more contagious and more lethal than the seasonal flu. The healthcare systems of many countries (such as the UK) are already under serious strain from the flu alone.

Oh, and bad news if you're from Washington State (specifically Snohomish County). Researchers have sequenced the genome of the virus in the latest case reported in Snohomish. This virus was descended directly from one that was detected in Snohomish in January 19th. This means that it's highly likely there has been cryptic transmission within WA for 6 weeks now. Viruses mutate all the time, allowing researchers to trace their spread and origins by looking at small changes in their genome.

Oh sorry I should've clarified, it's not mortality per case but just a percentage of death against whole population country wise.

Why would you be calculating the death rate against the entire population of the country? What does that tell you exactly? The relevant statistic is deaths per cases (mortality rate), which is around two percent.
I understand what usually matters is mortality (death per cases) during epidemic, especially to those who are to research. I brought up the death percentage against whole population by country because, different from other commonly known viruses that made/makes pandemic at times (e.g. influenza, sars or ebola) this mutant corona seems to obviously need certain conditions to affect mortality. That is, age range (take a look at the table of mortality by age range) and chronic/basic disease of the person. When "the case" has quite definitive factors to cause death, I don't think "per case" mean much when you're to assume the risk in reality. That was my point of bringing it up.
Plus, as you must've known if you're educated, it's known that there's always possible trap of statics regarding number. Look at the middle part of this page - CFR of worldwide and outside mainland China. You can find there's 10+% of difference between those two statics. How you read the number affects big time to the trend of confusion/concern. So.. just being attentive to the number of death, without paying much attention to other actual factors to cause death, just causes more hysteria, which isn't helping. You need to have certain age/health conditions to cause death in the first place. That is what I'm trying to be clear here.
Hope this makes sense.

I'm not trying to be factious but didn't they let out all schools 2 weeks early because of the virus? I genuinely want to know if it's a lot of schools or just schools where my friend lives.
That is exactly what I meant by "stupid". I'd assume you guys outside Japan could be getting wrong impression on it, regarding the actual state over here. Yes they decided to close the school for certain weeks, but it is not because how bad the infections are on going. *sigh* I'll need another whole page if I was gonna try explain the reason and why I see it stupid.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I meant by "stupid".

*Starts to take off earings*

I'd assume you guys outside Japan could be getting wrong impression on it, regarding the actual state over here. Yes they decided to close the school for certain weeks, but it is not because how bad the infections are on going. *sigh* I'll need another whole page if I was gonna try explain the reason and why I see it stupid.

*puts earings back on* oh yeah totally same

there are so many cases of corona-virus here where i live. Some people have died (Rest in peace) But some people have recovered from it.
Someone said they had the flu and they had to check for corona-virus and they had to have a needle up the nose. ugh....

there are so many cases of corona-virus here where i live. Some people have died (Rest in peace) But some people have recovered from it.
Someone said they had the flu and they had to check for corona-virus and they had to have a needle up the nose. ugh....

Yeah there was a death in my town, making 6 deaths in the state of Washington alone.. I feel so nervous as I work in a pharmacy and In constant close quarters with sick people. I've gone through a large bottle of hand sanitizer in 1 week my hands are dry as hell but I'm so afraid of becoming a carrier because I live with my elderly grandparents. I could never forgive myself if I brought it home.

Last edited:
Back