Cottagecore Villager Suggestions?

CouchPotato

bacon is top tier
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
0088-2480-3140
Hi! I have started a cottagecore island called starfall and idk what villagers to get. I have 9 villagers but idk if theyre cottage core lol.
i have
.Poppy
.Zucker
.Ione ( she's defo not cottagecore)
.Goldie
.Daisy
. Ken ( i hate him)
.fauna
.bangle
.bob ( definetly not cottagecore, i will never get rid of him tho)

pls could you tell me who to keep and who to kick out and maybe some sugesstions? tysmmm

You should bring in Bunnie! She gives me cottagecore vibes. Flurry maybe?

(Also Ione reminds me of the night sky which could be cottagecore-esque if you go that route)

Is Fang considered cottagecore? He kinda gives me those vibes. (It's the sweater!) Beau and Erik do too. I also think Maple, Molly, Bluebear, and Sprinkle would fit this theme.

Last edited:
I've never really understood cottage core, Im guessing its also from villagers who have log houses? I made a list of the ones who do:

-Ace: (He semi looks like a blue jay)

-Amelia

-Beau (Seems perfect since his house is a brown cottage and hes a deer)

-Bill (Brown duck like Molly)

-Biskit (Brownish cottage house)

-Canberra (Brown house exterior)

-Candi

-Dom

-Elmer (Semi brown cottage house)

-Erik (Hes a Moose and brown cottage)

-Gonzo (Brown cottage exterior)

-Graham (Brown Cottage exterior)

-Huck (He be a frog)

-Louie (Brown cottage exterior)

-Lyman

-Mac (Brown cottage exterior)

-Marty

-Molly (Basically Bill's house lol)

-Murphy

-Peaches

-Ricky (He be a squirrel. Blue and yellow chipmunk)

-Sly (Brown Cottage Exterior)

-Stella

-Sydney (Might not be natural colors. But shes super cute and has a fitting outfit (if thats important) id pick her for cottage core)

-Tad (Green frog might be a perfect frog choice)

-Teddy (brown Bear)

-Velma

-Vesta

(Sorry if I missed anyone)

I may have misunderstood what it means. Might be confusing it with forest core. But if it were me though, Id just pick villagers with log houses and put them in a forest island.

After looking Id say Tad is the better frog then Lily and Henry, given he's a green frog with a log house. Seems more ideal.

Maybe this'll give you some ideas, best of luck!

I've never really understood cottage core, Im guessing its also from villagers who have log houses?
Tbf I don't think house exterior matters that much if you've got HHP, because you can redesign it! :)
---
I'm not a cottagecore fan but I'd probably pick villagers with natural tones or light pastels. Maybe the occasional frog :)

A lot of the deer and squirrels would work. I agree with some dogs, like Goldie. Some of the suggestions for villagers like Molly are very good.

Some random others off the top of my head, sorry for any repeats: Callie, Ava, Chief, Maddie, Chevre, Flurry, Elmer, Dora, Gabi, Ruby, Sylvana, Vivian, Nate, Tutu.

I tend to associate cottagecore with a domestic environment, so I'd probably pick domestic/farm species. I'd also pick species that can be found in the wild in Europe, since cottagecore seems very influenced by the European countryside and British rural life in particular.

If you're ok with other species, though, there are some that would look really cute in a cottagecore setting, like Ellie!

I know nothing about internet aesthetics (cottagecore included), but I think most of the normal/sweet villagers could work. Kitt and Maple specifically come to mind. I think Eunice, Lucy, and Celia could work if you know what you're doing.

Oh, and Zucker and Ken... not really too "cottage-y," so yeah.

I think Kiki would work pretty well in a theme like that. I think animals like dogs, cats, horses, and sheep would do well in a cottagecore setting since it's based off of rural/rustic aesthetics.

There's not a lot of cottagecore crankies, but I recommend Murphy as one of you want a wider range of personalities. He's a really cute green cub, and his house is very foresty, with a nice log cabin exterior. I don't know if you have the DLC, but you won't need to remodel for him.

- I feel like a wolf villager could fit in your cottagecore theme.. maybe Fang?
- Bunnie is a great choice for a peppy!
- Definitely keep Poppy she's so cute. Fauna is also very cottagecore
- Beau or Sherb would make for a good second lazy type!
- Henry or Marshal I think are good smug type villagers that would fit in with a cottagecore theme

You should bring in Bunnie! She gives me cottagecore vibes. Flurry maybe?

(Also Ione reminds me of the night sky which could be cottagecore-esque if you go that route)
yeah i think bunny would be a pretty good fit. im not great at finding peppy villagers i actually like so tysm!

I've never really understood cottage core, Im guessing its also from villagers who have log houses? I made a list of the ones who do:

-Ace: (He semi looks like a blue jay)

-Amelia

-Beau (Seems perfect since his house is a brown cottage and hes a deer)

-Bill (Brown duck like Molly)

-Biskit (Brownish cottage house)

-Canberra (Brown house exterior)

-Candi

-Dom

-Elmer (Semi brown cottage house)

-Erik (Hes a Moose and brown cottage)

-Gonzo (Brown cottage exterior)

-Graham (Brown Cottage exterior)

-Huck (He be a frog)

-Louie (Brown cottage exterior)

-Lyman

-Mac (Brown cottage exterior)

-Marty

-Molly (Basically Bill's house lol)

-Murphy

-Peaches

-Ricky (He be a squirrel. Blue and yellow chipmunk)

-Sly (Brown Cottage Exterior)

-Stella

-Sydney (Might not be natural colors. But shes super cute and has a fitting outfit (if thats important) id pick her for cottage core)

-Tad (Green frog might be a perfect frog choice)

-Teddy (brown Bear)

-Velma

-Vesta

(Sorry if I missed anyone)

I may have misunderstood what it means. Might be confusing it with forest core. But if it were me though, Id just pick villagers with log houses and put them in a forest island.

After looking Id say Tad is the better frog then Lily and Henry, given he's a green frog with a log house. Seems more ideal.

Maybe this'll give you some ideas, best of luck!
these are some really good options! thank you! definetly getting eric at some point!

I know nothing about internet aesthetics (cottagecore included), but I think most of the normal/sweet villagers could work. Kitt and Maple specifically come to mind. I think Eunice, Lucy, and Celia could work if you know what you're doing.

Oh, and Zucker and Ken... not really too "cottage-y," so yeah.
i have maple's amiibo, im planning on getting her in soon. Definetly kicking out ken and zucker ( ken was my first campsite villager and zucker was an autofill). thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:
Back