• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Cranky villager tier list

Here's mine.

cranky tier pres mode.png

Cranky Villager Tier List.PNG

This is mine. I like several villagers of this personality, an in the end, here is what I have to say:
Roscoe is my all-time favorite cranky, while Harry is my least favorite of the personality. Special shoutouts go to Hopper, Octavian, Avery (who is currently on my island if you can't tell yet), Rolf, Spike, Cyd, Del, Elvis, Boris, Croque, Frank, Gonzo, Monty, Grizzly, Chief, Walt, Peewee, Murphy, Static, Apollo, and Camofrog. The B-Tier, I'm fine with, C-Tier can be improved (I don't like Fang's purple eyelids and believe there need to be not this many cranky wolves, which is why he's in C), and the D-Tier I dislike.

1602246746971.png

I don't love the cranky wolves, other than Dobie, sue me.

Also unpopular but I love Wart Jr., he's so grumpy and he looks like a little sesame roll frog!

Tom is a super underrated Cat also.

I'm a sucker for the evil looking villagers like Roscoe/Hopper too. Roscoe gave me his picture like 20 times in New Leaf.

Static has to easily be the cutest, he's based off of how squirrels run on electrical lines and he's so grumpy and purple.
Second is Gonzo who just looks perpetually pissed in the cutest way possible.

Dobie and Bruce are actually my two favorite crankies

I really like Elvis and Hopper too

I'm surprised! Elvis is a king, guys, c'mon xD

View attachment 325638
I don't love the cranky wolves, other than Dobie, sue me.

Also unpopular but I love Wart Jr., he's so grumpy and he looks like a little sesame roll frog!

Tom is a super underrated Cat also.

I'm a sucker for the evil looking villagers like Roscoe/Hopper too. Roscoe gave me his picture like 20 times in New Leaf.

Static has to easily be the cutest, he's based off of how squirrels run on electrical lines and he's so grumpy and purple.
Second is Gonzo who just looks perpetually mad in the cutest way possible.
Static also remind me a lot of a shiny Pachirisu.

My S tier would include Hamphrey, Cyd, Spike, Avery, and Hopper. Spike and Hopper are the only ones I haven’t had yet, but I want some day (I invite Spike to my campsite every day diligently lol). Everyone else would go into A tier because honestly I love all the Crankies. Except Chow. Chow is D tier lmao.

fObD6Gx.png

S Tier = absolute legends, would invite to my island in a heartbeat
A Tier = all-around great villagers
B Tier = solid villagers
C Tier = placeholder villagers
D Tier = no thank you

my-image.png

Tier S is a mix of having been on my island and nostalgia from new leaf (Hamphrey is still kicking it to this day in my NL town, it's been over a year now LOL I refuse to let that old man leave). Would ask them to hold my drink at a party.

Tier A are also a mix of Nostalgia and neat designs, Would also ask to hold my drink at a party, aware they might accidentally take a sip without thinking.

Tier B are cool dudes, wouldn't fit on my island but would love to have them visit my campsite to chat it up. Would also ask to hold my drink, they all strike me as the type to drink half my drink as payment for holding said drink.

Tier C are ********-- I've had all five of them at one point in NL and I remember the absolute verbal abuse. I would be vibing and BOOM-- b*st*rd men with b*st*rd problems taking up my damn time. Would ask them to hold my drink as a last resort, would look me directly in my eyes and down my drink. 10/10 would throw hands in a wendy's parking lot

Tier D-- NO, I would drop kick wart without hesitation. Like full stop, I will square up with the intent to murder all of them. I would just chug my drink and deal with the consequences instead of asking any of these foul men to hold my drink.

my-image.png

Elvis, Boris, and Vic deserve more love than they get. Strong themes and solid designs. Walt is the best Kangaroo.

Fang is popular, but I find his color scheme boring compared to Wolfgang, Chief, and Lobo. Chief sadly has a awful interior and looks more like a Smug.

Rooney was an amazing concept and made me think of Streets of Rage, but his color scheme is a bit all over the place.

Apollo was blessed with a good interior while Frank and Buzz got hot garbage interiors.

I want to like a male bear, but they all seem to fall flat. Meanwhile Cranky male cubs is just weird as they talk like they are middle aged while being a baby bear?

Here's mine. I'me very biased towards deer, wolves, and cats, and I prefer neutral/natural colored villagers. I also really like Elvis and the eagles since their clothing and house interiors give them a backstory which is great in the game considering this many characters can have the exact same dialogue so we need something to set them apart.

my-image.png

Sorry if the layout is a bit weird, screenshotted on mobile lol

My explanation--
I wanted to make it as balanced as possible. I have been a player since NL and have honestly had terrible luck with getting crankys on my town/island, so a lot of these decisions were unfortunately purely cosmetic, or a bit of biases to how my friends view them.

Climbing higher up the ranks, I get quite a bit picky. D are ones I dislike, C are ones I tolerate, B are ones I like a pretty decent amount, whether it be for house designs (looking at you, godfather Cesar - but also animal crossing movie nostalgia) or just neat designs in general. A rank are ones I like a lot but aren't my dreamies. A+ are ones I absolutely love... more than A rank, but I wanted to keep S rank exclusively for dreamies, so I made an extra rank for them.

Grizzly and Fang are my absolute best crankies! I've had them since New Leaf and they're soo amazing. Currently I only have Fang on my island, but I'm basically begging Fauna/Whitney to hurry up and move out so I can move in Grizzly and these cranky boys can be together again♡♡

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201010-030852_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201010-030852_Chrome.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
NDHUTvW.png

Here is my list. Although cranky is one of my favorite personalities, there are only like a handful of villagers with said personality I really like. The rest is either okay or meh.

Here's mine. Can you tell who my favourite villager is? (Well, joint favourite with Stella ofc...)
tbh, I'd be happy with having any of the below S tier villagers, but I especially love all the cranky wolves - that's why I have two on my island. Bruce, Butch, Gonzo and Roscoe are unique bc they're the only crankies of their species and I love their designs, while Apollo is an icon and Rolf has been my buddy since Wild World.
my-image.png

Hope it is okay I am doing this again. My preferences have changed a lot, which is always fun to realize. I love seeing there tier lists, because it is a great reminder of how different everyone’s taste really is

E2AC82DA-6EF4-42BB-85C8-5F1ECFCC1CEB.jpeg

So I am not a big fan of cranky villagers, and it shows, but at the same time, there’s really not many villagers I outright strongly dislike or hate in this group, but then again, might feel different if one of them randomly moved to my island.

top tier for me are Kabuki and Ike -Kabuki, even though he didn’t work out on my island, I still feel has one of the best overall designs in the game. Ike, who o have now, made me reconsider my ‘no crankies’ stance, and he’s such a cuddly, cute,
grumpy boy.

the next tier I think are great, and could potentially move to the top tier of I ever had them on my island and loved them.

the third tier is alright, like it says. They are decent. Avery is there, he’s on my secondary island and his design is nice enough that it almost makes up for my general dislike of the eagle type villagers. I think I could end up liking some of these guys, but they aren’t villagers I am going to specifically search for.

even the 4th tier has some not bad villagers in it; they’ll most likely never live on my island, but I wouldn’t be too upset having them around for a bit. Maybe. Here you have my two favorite of the cranky wolves. (Why are there so many of them?)

tier 5‘s title says it all - ‘very Meh’

Tier six are just nos for me, as of right now. Hmm, already wondering whether Rolf should be there...he kind of scares me, but he is also pretty cool. but yeah, it’s a no from me boys.

So there we have it. By the time this thread comes around again I wonder whether my tastes will have changed again or stabilized?

3E25AC72-BE38-4743-813B-6A2730333DAF.png
...hehe, you can see my biases in this list. I just love the wolves and deer (Butch is top-tier cuz he’s a dachshund with the correct personality).

I know it’s odd that fan-favorite Apollo is so low but he’s haunted me over multiple games and islands so he’s lost his charm for me.

my-image (1).png

Here's mine! I've realized that I honestly don't like most villagers. D Tier is no particular order but I feel they all belong there lol. I'd pretty much never have a cranky that wasn't Roscoe, Chief, Lobo, Fang, or Apollo--so I don't think my opinions are necessarily that valid in this category as I've only ever had the ones in S tier for every AC game I've ever played lol

my-image-5.png

I was so tempted to Vic on his own tier since he's my absolute fav! Anyway, I like quite a lot of the cranky types. This was suprisingly hard to fill out.

Back