Pokémon Did you Choose Pokémon Scarlet or Violet?

Pokémon Scarlet or Violet?

• Total voters
I was unsurprised when I saw just now that Pokémon Violet outsold Pokémon Scarlet on the Nintendo eShop in November:

FjOQHLXaEAMzzPu.jpeg

I haven't picked up either yet...but I'm leaning more towards Violet for my first one.

Eventually I will get both. I always do this.

I went with Violet version bc my friend wants to get Scarlet version when she eventually gets a switch lite. I did like Koraidon more but Miraidon has really grown on me (mostly bc it's purple and I love purple lol). I do prefer the Scarlet paradox pokemon way more than the ones from Violet, but version exclusives don't really matter much to me when I can trade. not to mention Violet has Ceruledge (aka prob my favorite gen 9 pokemon).

I chose Scarlet because I liked the past theme and I preferred Korraidon. In addition, I liked most of the version exclusives better in Scarlet like Larvitar.

I'm probably getting both versions for Christmas, so I'll leave Violet in California for my Switch over there, and take Scarlet home with me afterwards.

I chose Scarlet. That was always my plan since the versions were revealed since it is a shade of red, which was helped out by liking the past theming more than the future theming.

Getting the game on Saturday, and I chose Violet.

It definitely feels to me like this is the most skewed generation in terms of people choosing one version over the other. - Personally, I just hate the way that the Scarlet clothing looks. Also not fond of the boxart in general. And to top it all off, the version exclusives seem better in Violet as well (with a handful of exceptions).

I ended up getting both versions. I had no version preference when I decided to get the game, but I was able to find a set including both games for only slightly more than the cost for a single game. With Pokemon games I usually end up with the second version at some point anyway, so I figured I may as well just get both now, especially at that price.

I got the double pack for Christmas and I'll eventually play both but I chose to do scarlet first because I thought the hat was blue on the box🤷‍♀️

I chose Scarlet because I prefer red over purple, must be the vamp in me. Glad I made that decision because quite honestly most of the paradox pokemon in Violet feel much less inspired and out of place in the world of pokemon, not because they are naturally going to feel out of place being from the future, but because evolution and biology is at the core of what makes a pokemon design interesting. They're robots.

Violet's professor is pretty handsome though, I'll give it that.

I chose Pokémon Violet. I just preferred the colour, and thought the uniform looked nicer. 😊

This one was hard for me, because I like the purple color scheme and the unifoms better in Violet but the past theme and version exclusives for Scarlet. In the end, I chose Scarlet, but I’m interested in picking up Violet later on to see if I’m missing anything.

Originally, I pre-ordered Scarlet through Amazon. I had the money in the bank at the time and didn't realize they didn't charge you when you pre-order, so when it came time to ship...it never came to me because I didn't have the money in my account/hadn't gotten paid yet. So when I got paid, I ordered Violet because one of my best friends had ordered herself Scarlet because she thought that I had pre-ordered Violet, so I guess in the end it worked out lol

I went with Scarlet because I wanted the caveman paradox pokemon. Everytime I see them, I always think how they could just eat me if they wanted too. Its like Jurassic park, lol.

Back