• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Do you care about Tier List when choosing your Villagers?

Like others, I don't care about popularity.

However, after falling in love with Rodney on my own, and later learning there are entire hate groups dedicated to him, I actually loved him even more!!

I was raised to take in strays. Whether it be an unlovable villager, or in real life, feeding people who have no where else to go for a holiday meal.

Love who you love, forget public perception.

No, I don't really care about what other people think of the villagers. I go by personality type for dialog diversity and then whatever I like the best of that type. Although honestly I haven't even fully decided on what villagers I want as permanent residents.

No, i care more about their color and species. On my main island i have only birds and they are all different colors and on my second island i am aiming for all different species but all red and white

Tier lists mean nothing, I also don't care about not having a villager aesthetic. In my opinion, I like having more unpopular villager more than having popular villagers.

Last edited:
Not at all! I would never look at these when choosing villagers as it doesn’t matter what other people think.

Oh, no! Not at all!
I think tier lists are ... harmful, to say the least. For people who enjoy or hate them :^/ While tier lists don't change my opinion about who's going to move into my town or island, it makes me look at the popular villagers in a certain way .. like... So this is what people find appealing, huh..
I remember my cousin looking at my island's residents and being very disapproving lol but when I told him that I enjoy all of them he looked very shocked since none of them were "cute" or "desirable" , in his eyes, anyways! ahahha

Nope, I pretty much invite whoever onto my island, as it helps me find new villagers I like. Also, it’s really neat to see what each villager likes, their personality, how they react to things, etc.

nope! if the vibes are right or if i've formed an emotional connection with them, they're staying on my island for good >:3
i have kept my 10th villager spot as opened for campsite visitors, just to see how the dynamic would change once they're on my island but eventually i will move in my final permie

I don't care THAT much about them, but I do think it's nice whenever I get a villager who happens to be popular.

no, I don’t even know know who is on the tier list or where to find it. I just base villager preference on who I personally like. I usually judge by their looks and aesthetic, but honestly I take just anbout anyone onto my island and go from there.

Nope I dont care, I just choose villagers based on what designs stand out the most to me, I think my dreamies tend to be a mix of very popular ones and some underrated ones. Which I think is reasonable, a lot of the popular ones are popular for a reason, they have good designs, but theres tons of great designed villagers out there

Bro, this is Animal Crossing. There is no competitive playstyle, therefore there is no meta. You only pick who the popular villagers are in your island because you think that makes your island better. I have a mixed array of villagers from different tier lists and my island (So far) looks good. I'm not complaining at all, you might, but I won't.

Plus I've seen islands where they look amazing and the villagers are far from popular. Check mate!

Back