• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you craft or buy tools?

Do you craft or buy tools?

• Craft cheap tool

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Craft and upgrade tool

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Buy the cheap tool

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Buy the cheap tool and upgrade

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Buy the colourful/outdoorsy/etc.

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • Use golden tools

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters
i buy all the tools. too lazy to get the materials from storage and craft them

I start off crafting my own, but once Nook's Cranny upgrades and starts offering better-looking tools, I switch to purchasing them.

I mostly craft and upgrade the tool, it's a pain but I like to work towards completing all the Nook miles achievements - the tools crafting one and the one where you have to catch all the fish without letting any go were the ones I was dreading resetting the most when I restarted my island. Once I've completed all the crafting I'll likely be going to just buying them for ease.

I always just buy the outdoorsy/colorful tools from Nook's Cranny. Not too expensive and they last. It's very rare I actually craft things.

At the beginning or when short on bells I used to craft more, later on I was lazy and seemed quicker to just buy and stock up on tools for later tbh.

I usually craft and upgrade, except for shovels. Then I just use whatever’s in stock. Even though aesthetically, the colorful set is my favorite.

I buy tools, ive given up in completing the nook mile achievement lol 💩

I voted here a while ago but didn't make a post explaining my decision until the poll appeared on the front page recently, so I'm gonna do it now.

If a tool breaks, I like to craft and upgrade the tool. It would be more convenient to buy tools in the store but I'd rather save up my bells for something bigger. Plus, there's a Nook Miles achievement for crafting tools and I want to complete it.

the minute i could start buying the normal tools again, i never went back LOL. i may craft one here and there, but usually for island decor

Is it because I'm not as far along as you all? Or because of the nutty way I play? Or because I am not good at making bells? Or because of the infernal closing time of nooks cranny and my struggling odd sleep cycle? I always need bells! So I craft all the cheapo tools (ex- axe, shovel) and some regulars I have excess materials of

Back