Froggy Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Peach (Fruit)
Pumpkin Cupcake
Wallopoid
Purple Bat Potion
Ghostly Preserves
Voodoo Doll
Personally, I do. However, I try to just enhance the house they were designed with. I feel like the default houses for a lot of villagers are so plain or just odd (like Eunice, imo). If I absolutely hate the villagers default house (like Raymond), I give them the house I think they should have. I do always leave the outside the default, except adding a door decoration.

Well no, because I didn’t get HHP- but if I did have the DLC, I think I would leave most of the villagers' houses the same. Usually the villager's home reflects their personality, or the things I gave to them, and I wouldn’t want to change that. Maybe I would make some minor adjustments though.

Also you mentioned Eunice’s house, and, huh that is a strange house, especially considering how nice it was in previous games :,D I had her as my starter so I did not get to see her default layout. I did have her in NL, and I loved her house there..

Personally, I do. However, I try to just enhance the house they were designed with. I feel like the default houses for a lot of villagers are so plain or just odd (like Eunice, imo). If I absolutely hate the villagers default house (like Raymond), I give them the house I think they should have. I do always leave the outside the default, except adding a door decoration.

I do, when they don't even look livable to begin with. Or because I thought it raised their friendship but I hate them.

I hate Rodney but I needed him to teach me the last emote, so I redid his house but in the most boring, bland colors.

Also redid Kitt's house because she was in the boring block-style kinda house. So I remodeled it into what her baseline home is supposed to look like, but with a bathroom. It's crowded but looks good.

Well no, because I didn’t get HHP- but if I did have the DLC, I think I would leave most of the villagers' houses the same. Usually the villager's home reflects their personality, or the things I gave to them, and I wouldn’t want to change that. Maybe I would make some minor adjustments though.

Also you mentioned Eunice’s house, and, huh that is a strange house, especially considering how nice it was in previous games :,D I had her as my starter so I did not get to see her default layout. I did have her in NL, and I loved her house there..
Yes, Eunice always had such a cozy house in the past games! I was so disappointed with what they did to it in New Horizons.

I do. In my main town, similarly to you, I just try to incorporate the theme while keeping their colors/preferences.
In my second town, however, I think I'll change it to be mostly fit the theme for the nature of the town's "story".

Yeah. At first I was gonna give them all little huts but I wanted some variety. Some houses are totally redesigned and some are just a small sprucing.

For Coco, she had a more Japanese themed home and I turned it into a pale little hut. On my island, I made her into a sorta eerie witch made out of clay since she is a haniwa.
(before - after)

01Before.jpg02After.jpg

But for Peewee, I kept the same "bones" for his house with minor changes and opted for a much more richer blue theme.

House_old.jpgHouse_new.jpg

Yes, Eunice always had such a cozy house in the past games! I was so disappointed with what they did to it in New Horizons.
Was Eunice one of your first 5 random villagers to move in to your island? None of them get their normal house, it's a generic house (apparently so it doesn't show up the players own house... which is a silly idea to me.)

I thought Raymond's office style house was pretty good, but that's my opinion.

Was Eunice one of your first 5 random villagers to move in to your island? None of them get their normal house, it's a generic house (apparently so it doesn't show up the players own house... which is a silly idea to me.)

I thought Raymond's office style house was pretty good, but that's my opinion.
No, it's that her house in New Horizons is a laundromat. Literally just washing machines, a table, a vending machine, and a trash can. It would make more sense if she had a laundry-related house in past games, or even had a lot of clothes, but she always just had a normal house in previous games.

i love remodeling houses! i'll either check their wiki page and see if they have a dream goal or not and base their home interior on that, if not then i'll judge how they act on a day to day and remodel as i see it C:

jitters has a messy bachelor interior, with a big portion of it being a home gym (for obvious reasons)
sparro has instruments out since the wiki says his goal is to be a musician and when i interact with him on a daily basis, he's not that much of a gym rat as jitters haha
maple always talks about her book club and reading so i gave her a comfy home library
ruby has a lot of the little twin stars furniture while also trying to keep her love of space in her home
raymond has a very, a guess, dark academia vibe to it? i picture him making his own clothes so he has a sewing/tailoring section
apple is very chatty so i gave her a large conversational area in her house, i find that she always has someone over at her place
zucker is a big foodie so he was easily a chef so his house reflects that, with food displayed in his little kitchen and dinner table
marina is zucker's wife so she's also a big cook herself, but she's always talking about a new hobby like writing letters, reading, or calligraphy so i gave her books and a typewriter
marshal is a big coffee enthusiast so of course he would have a dedicated coffee station, he's also craving the latest gossip and also has lots of guests over so he needed a big living room
ankha has a pretty open floor plan so that she can do yoga and meditation :3

While I love interior designing in these games and design a lot of homes in Happy Home Paradise when I'm actively playing New Horizons, I haven't touched any of the homes of my villagers yet. I really ought to though, as I've been wanting to for ages.

Ankha's house in New Horizons is a downgrade from New Leaf, she has the worst Ancient Egyptian house in New Horizons as far as I'm concerned, and I want to get rid of the golden toilet and give her something better.

I can kind of appreciate the idea of Klaus's Roman bath house, but I'd rather give him something more stately and regal instead. He also, annoyingly, has some clothes on display in his house that I really want to get rid of.

I knew the starting Jock and Sisterly have generic starter homes, but I didn't know that that also applied to the first Lazy, Normal and Peppy you get as well, so I ended up with those for Annalisa, Bella and Tucker. I want to give them some better stuff too.

Yh when they put stupid items up or use clothes to decorate even when they have a wardobe

Yeah I do, designing houses is my favorite part of Animal Crossing so I love it. I don't give them purpose like being a café or a library but I remodel them to look like them or feel like them. It's just a matter of consistency for me.

yup!! it's been one of my favorite features since it was introduced. it's a cool way to turn a villager home into a specialty building like a shop, library, bakery, etc. i've done this for a few of my villagers to expand the "downtown/main street" area of my town. here's a few screenshots of the buildings i've renovated:

gayle's bakery:
2023040912514900_s.jpg

sylvana's flower shop:
IMG_1443.jpg

zucker's ramen shop :)
2023022121195000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Nah. I like to keep the houses as they are but! If their house is especially sad, I would be more inclined to change it.
Zucker has a pretty sad house. Mira, Ricky, and Dom as well.
I remember stepping into their houses and just feeling sad. It could've looked so cool!

I usually keep their houses as they are. If I felt like it I'd change it up. So far only Bill and Kiki have received this treatment, and it's all because of a certain Pokemon character I'm crazy for!
These two are old photos BTW... but nothing has changed.
IMG_0630.jpeg

IMG_0629.jpeg
IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot that I changed Zucker's interior, but was only a change of wallpaper so it's not significant enough for me to show here.

Nah. I like to keep the houses as they are but! If their house is especially sad, I would be more inclined to change it.
Zucker has a pretty sad house. Mira, Ricky, and Dom as well.
I remember stepping into their houses and just feeling sad. It could've looked so cool!
I had Zucker before the DLC and his house always made me sad. It's one of the reasons I eventually let him go (even though he is the chef in the restaurant for the DLC so I can still enjoy his presence). If I still had him/got him again, he would be a villager where I completely scrap the original design.

I did.

I last updated my main island, Óhana, in August 2022. The villagers—Teddy, Octavian, Molly, Marshal, Stitches, Plucky, Reneigh, Sherb, and Shino—all have redecorated houses.

After that point in time, I kept making tweaks. One reason had to do with changes in season, such as an upcoming holiday, and it was appropriate. I think I gave them all better interior decorating. And I combined some of what they already had with pieces which made sense.

One thing I also did was make sure each villager has both cooking and crafting. I briefly updated the island and—lo and behold—one of the villagers did not have cooking. It was that villager’s time to cook. So, the game gave that villager a piece of kitchen equipment which threw off the décor. (And that was saved to the brief update.)

I learned. I corrected my mistake. I have all villagers set. They each have cooking and crafting on a regular basis.

so far I've only modified flora's (has the starter home) to like a v2 style of it

someday, I'd like to do v2 modifications of all the other villager's homes I have. would need to be in the right mindset for each of them first, though (and to be actually playing new horizons, obviously)

Back