Events & Collectibles General Discussion

We've noticed for some time now that the Bell Tree HQ board has become increasingly used for meta collectible and event topics, which does make sense given how important they are to the site as a whole. Meanwhile, a long standing issue has been the awkward placing of threads that aren't actually trade transactions in the TBT Marketplace, such as this one and others.

Going forward, the Bell Tree HQ will be considered the appropriate place for all collectibles and events meta discussion, in addition to The Bulletin Board of course. TBT Marketplace should only be used for trade transactions. A few threads, including this one, have now been moved into the Bell Tree HQ board from TBT Marketplace accordingly. If there are any other similar threads you think should be moved, feel free to report them for review.

This thread will serve as general discussion for minor thoughts on collectibles and events, while major topics can be created as dedicated threads in The Bell Tree HQ. Please do ensure in both cases that your posts remain thoughtful and not spammy.

Thanks!

I’ll be honest here. Not once have I ever been more satisfied with my collectible collection and sidebar design in the past than I am this month. Five years ago, I began the “assorted” collectible sidebar concept, but even the original sidebar didn’t look as good as the sidebar I have now. And I have at least two of each type of collectible in my sidebar, so I can rotate collectibles while having a sidebar of my choice. The New Leaf event and the latest Egg Hunt also helped with my collectible collection.

I'm curious about the mailbox and envelope collectibles (the ones in Jhine7's lineup). I don't see them anywhere in the shop and yet I can still buy them for some reason. Does anyone know why is that? And do those collectibles do anything their description says they're supposed to do?

Just so you know, I've been thinking about specifically buying a mailbox and/or 10 envelopes.

I'm curious about the mailbox and envelope collectibles (the ones in Jhine7's lineup). I don't see them anywhere in the shop and yet I can still buy them for some reason. Does anyone know why is that? And do those collectibles do anything their description says they're supposed to do?

Just so you know, I've been thinking about specifically buying a mailbox and/or 10 envelopes.

These shop items (they're not considered collectibles) existed before we moved forum software from vBulletin to XenForo in 2020 and their functions are now redundant.

To elaborate further, when we moved to this version of the forum and 'retired' these addons, there was seemingly a slip-up with leaving them in stock -- it isn't intended behaviour that you can buy them. I did notice Jhine's purchases a couple months ago and intend to fix things but... other distractions happened. :p So uh, consider this a public heads-up Jhine or anyone else who's purchased one, it's very possible we might remove and refund them as it was never intended. There's something I need to investigate first before finalizing any decisions though.

personally, I'd say to just go all in on making them collectibles, retroactively

I mean I get they never were meant to be, but unlike other add-ons of the time, they've got a very visually appealing look that fits right in with plenty of other collectibles, imo

edit: yeah, as you can see, I decided to bring mine out, and I'm still pretty convinced they'd work fine being promoted(?) to collectibles

maybe update the background to sky grass or sky for the mailboxes and give them a quick polish, but that'd be about it

Last edited:
I don’t even like retired add-ons as collectibles. They don’t look as good as ordinary collectibles.

aprilfools2.png

please don't retire the mailboxes justin!! my april fool's lineup would perish 💔
I had been wanting to buy one of the envelopes collectibles for such a long time too because its so cute! but so expensive

tbf, unless I'm misinterpreting, I do believe that any users with them before they got retired would still be able to keep and utilize

just people who purchased post-3.0 may lose out on, as they weren't intended to be able to get anymore. kinda like if someone's able to purchase two copies of a unique item in the shop

This is reminding me of my Bell Refund and Collectible Refund collectibles that were ripped from my inventory against my will🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂

I got my mailbox on May 30, 2015, shortly after joining. I hope I will be able to keep it 🙂 since I think it’s pretty cute. If not, maybe make a new mailbox collectible and different shapes/colors? 🙂

did anyone else notice that the golden watering can is, as far as I know, the only collectible that doesn't give the option to discard it?

I’m obviously a big supporter of the envelopes and mailboxes becoming collectibles but if it doesn’t happen, the lineup was really cool and unique while it lasted!

It was just something fun and interesting I discovered last year. While checking out collectibles’ individual pages, I noticed the envelopes and mailboxes had the option to buy them.

Thanks for the heads up and hopefully all TBT users will be fortunate enough to own them someday 🤞

As of now, there are a total of 443 permanent collectibles (including scenery and collectibles last obtainable from long ago). But since one of these was made for a specific member, that means only 442 permanent collectibles exist in more than one collection. There will be more as time goes on.

Back