Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
With the new Fire emblem game Fates having 2 different versions and different story/characters with it, I wanted to know which version your getting. Conquest, to stay loyal to Nohr, or Birthright, and go back to your homeland Hoshido? Or will you get the 3rd path DLC where you are neutral to both?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops wrong place.

I've heard that Nohr is supposed to be more along the lines of pre-Awakening games and more challenging, so that one. I've played every game that came out in the States, so I'm not interested in being babied.

If the story and designs don't turn me off, I might get the DLC and go neutral. It all depends. I'm not really happy with the direction the series has been heading in since Awakening's release.

Last edited:
Nohr, for the same reasons as ZombiefiedHorror mentioned.

I hope the game is hard enough for me to hear people complain about it's difficulty, or else I'll be holding off until a price drop.

Nohr, for the same reasons as ZombiefiedHorror mentioned.

I hope the game is hard enough for me to hear people complain about it's difficulty, or else I'll be holding off until a price drop.
I'm an eternal pessimist and if I were a gambler, I would bet on Hoshido greatly outselling Nohr. I don't think the people who breathed new life into the dying franchise care as much about the tactics and are more interested in shipping and making people kiss. They'd therefore favor the easier route.

That said, I hope my pessimism is misguided. We really need Nohr to get some support because I honestly fear for the series moving forward. If they use the sales figures of the two versions as an indication of where they want to head in the future, I really think anything that ever made the series interesting and fun is going to be going down the drain.

Last edited:
I'm getting both, I'll probably start with Hoshido though. Nohr has better overall characters though imo.

I'm getting both, AND the DLC! I'm hoping the have a bundle for pre-orders, where if you pre-order both, you get the DLC as a bonus!

Last edited:
I heard Nohr has a significantly worse story than Hoshido, and Hoshido's was closer to Awakening's.

I'm getting Nohr but from all of the feedback it's been getting, I'm kind of on the fence.

I've heard that Nohr is supposed to be more along the lines of pre-Awakening games and more challenging, so that one. I've played every game that came out in the States, so I'm not interested in being babied.

If the story and designs don't turn me off, I might get the DLC and go neutral. It all depends. I'm not really happy with the direction the series has been heading in since Awakening's release.

The series has been heading in this direction due to low sales, as Awakening was planning on being the last game of the series if it didn't reach 250,000 sales (That's quite low for a video game). It's Awakening that really made the series recognized. They had to make changes to appeal to a general audience and not just the fans.

The series has been heading in this direction due to low sales, as Awakening was planning on being the last game of the series if it didn't reach 250,000 sales (That's quite low for a video game). It's Awakening that really made the series recognized. They had to make changes to appeal to a general audience and not just the fans.

I know that's why the series is changing as it is. That doesn't mean I agree with it or like it. The changes are ridiculous. Death has no weight because you can just revive any and everyone. Weapon durability is taken away so you don't have to worry about what weapons you're using. Frankly, they may as well just stop making tactics games and focus on straight-up dating sims, because apparently that's what the new people want. I realize it makes me sound like a bitter jerk (I am), but honestly, I wish the series just died with some integrity. The mechanics are suffering. The story is suffering. I don't see it ever recovering.

And in regards to the sales, they have no one to blame but themselves really. Shadow Dragon was a straight-up lifting of the original NES game with updated graphics. It lacked a lot of things that people had grown accustomed to, and the story pales in comparison to others in the series. They didn't even bother releasing the sequel here. They didn't try to advertise Path of Radiance before that, so of course no one was going to buy Radiant Dawn either. The only hype the series ever really got in the US was 7, since it was the first one over here after Marth & Roy were introduced in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Do the Awakening newcomers even realize Fire Emblem 7 and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones are available on the Wii U Virtual Console? A new experience with the series' past that can hold them over until Fates is out. I never hear talk of them.

BellGreen said:
I heard Nohr has a significantly worse story than Hoshido, and Hoshido's was closer to Awakening's.

I'm getting Nohr but from all of the feedback it's been getting, I'm kind of on the fence.
Intelligent Systems is doing a fantastic job of making me want to decide this is the last of their games I'll ever buy.

Last edited:
I know that's why the series is changing as it is. That doesn't mean I agree with it or like it. The changes are ridiculous. Death has no weight because you can just revive any and everyone. Weapon durability is taken away so you don't have to worry about what weapons you're using. Frankly, they may as well just stop making tactics games and focus on straight-up dating sims, because apparently that's what the new people want. I realize it makes me sound like a bitter jerk (I am), but honestly, I wish the series just died with some integrity. The mechanics are suffering. The story is suffering. I don't see it ever recovering.

And in regards to the sales, they have no one to blame but themselves really. Shadow Dragon was a straight-up lifting of the original NES game with updated graphics. It lacked a lot of things that people had grown accustomed to, and the story pales in comparison to others in the series. They didn't even bother releasing the sequel here. They didn't try to advertise Path of Radiance before that, so of course no one was going to buy Radiant Dawn either. The only hype the series ever really got in the US was 7, since it was the first one over here after Marth & Roy were introduced in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Do the Awakening newcomers even realize Fire Emblem 7 and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones are available on the Wii U Virtual Console? A new experience with the series' past that can hold them over until Fates is out. I never hear talk of them.

Intelligent Systems is doing a fantastic job of making me want to decide this is the last of their games I'll ever buy.

But you have a choice to have a reviving system or not. Once again, the game isn't only for hardcore fans. You think younger players or newcomers will be satisfied with half their army gone? They did it so everyone could be happy. I personally found the changes were for the better, and I think they did one heck of a good job. I understand you aren't so happy with the Casual Mode, but that's not an excuse for disliking the game, since you could choose if you want the classic way or not, and the upcoming Phoenix mode is for those who might be having way too much trouble and need a helping hand. Yes, people might go for the easier way, but they also want to enjoy the game to the fullest. With the new features, like having children, people want to enjoy it all without having it all ruined by having someone die. That's just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
But you have a choice to have a reviving system or not. Once again, the game isn't only for hardcore fans. You think younger players or newcomers will be satisfied with half their army gone? They did it so everyone could be happy. I personally found the changes were for the better, and I think they did one heck of a good job. I understand you aren't so happy with the Casual Mode, but that's not an excuse for disliking the game, since you could choose if you want the classic way or not, and the upcoming Phoenix mode is for those who might be having way too much trouble and need a helping hand. Yes, people might go for the easier way, but they also want to enjoy the game to the fullest. With the new features, like having children, people want to enjoy it all without having it all ruined by having someone die. That's just my opinion, of course.
Players made do with the permanent death and weapon durability for a decade; those in Japan did for two decades. I know people who started playing the games as children. Being able to fight alongside the child units takes away story integrity because they rely on time travel and portals, whereas past games with the feature either had time pass naturally with the plot, or relegated the offspring to their own game. Taking away the defining features of the series will only make it all the more difficult to ever have real challenge or tell a worthwhile story ever again. Unless you expect them to always release two games like Pokemon, which is doubtful.

Being babied and never getting better is a very shallow experience and I foresee it only leading to newcomer drop-off.

Last edited:
I find fighting alongside child units adds character, and I also think there will always be a worthwhile story. Games change for the better. And I don't expect them to make two games from now on. The reason why they are doing that now is because of having Awakening do so well, they decided to make an easy one and a hard one, and as for DLC-wise, a neutral one, to experiment. And I personally like the story of Fates. The idea of being born in one Kingdom, then being raised in another is pretty interesting, and the fact that someone else has went though the same thing makes it even better. Having Aqua with you thoughout either story creates meaning and depth, and that, to me, is pretty worthwhile. The series shouldn't die out. Having different stories is what keeps a series memorable.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Players made do with the permanent death and weapon durability for a decade; those in Japan did for two decades. I know people who started playing the games as children. Being able to fight alongside the child units takes away story integrity because they rely on time travel and portals, whereas past games with the feature either had time pass naturally with the plot, or relegated the offspring to their own game. Taking away the defining features of the series will only make it all the more difficult to ever have real challenge or tell a worthwhile story ever again. Unless you expect them to always release two games like Pokemon, which is doubtful.

Being babied and never getting better is a very shallow experience and I foresee it only leading to newcomer drop-off.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy it the friendly way. I picked Casual when I first started playing Awakening, and I found it amusing, and because I wasn't all that familiar, adjusting was a challenge itself. I liked Casual mode, because I got to stick with all my favorite characters from beginning to end.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it's also pretty shallow to say there is only one way of playing a game.

If Awakening hadn't had a Casual mode, I'm not sure I would have found the game welcoming. I play on Lunatic Classic for all my files now, but I started on Normal Casual. Even when a unit's loss didn't mean death, I felt bad, and wanted to improve as a result. If it doesn't have the impact you're after, you don't have to play it that way, but people shouldn't look down on more "casual" forms of gameplay. Video games didn't start all that complex, but they introduced people to something amazing, and excluding people for the sake of the "hardcore" seems silly, especially when the hardcore and casual can exist in one cartridge.

It's like people complaining that EXP Share in Pokemon makes things too easy now.
Just...tun it off...? Forever?

Last edited:
If Awakening hadn't had a Casual mode, I'm not sure I would have found the game welcoming. I play on Lunatic Classic for all my files now, but I started on Normal Casual. Even when a unit's loss didn't mean death, I felt bad, and wanted to improve as a result. If it doesn't have the impact you're after, you don't have to play it that way, but people shouldn't look down on more "casual" forms of gameplay. Video games didn't start all that complex, but they introduced people to something amazing, and excluding people for the sake of the "hardcore" seems silly, especially when the hardcore and casual can exist in one cartridge.

It's like people complaining that EXP Share in Pokemon makes things too easy now.
Just...tun it off...? Forever?

Exactly! People yes, should try something new, but everyone should have a right to play what they want, anyway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Exactly! People yes, should try something new, but everyone should have a right to play what they want, anyway.

Some people just like taking the safe road instead.

I kind of wish they had an adjustable difficulty like in bravely default. Sometimes I want a challenge and sometimes I just want to say screw it all in the same game without having to restart.

I might get hoshido simply because of level grinding, but nohr looks to have better classes. Eh... I don't know.

Last edited:
im getting both, but ive been thinking about starting with hoshido first since i like nohr more (saving best for last)

maybe ill switch back and forth...idk

edit: ill be getting DLC too

- - - Post Merge - - -

LOL who the fk cares just play the more difficult modes and move on lmao

Last edited:
Back