• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

gamedev discussion

Trundle

Voted Best RPer (TBT Awards 2016)
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Pink Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Purple Balloon
Toy Hammer
Dreamy Party Popper
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
I was wondering if there were any other game developers on TBT?

I started back in 2021 as a hobby and have been learning ever since. My proudest accomplishment so far has been Grubs, which is a worms-like artillery game with lots of weapons and terrain destruction.

not currently a full-fledged one, but right now i'm in college studying to become one. i look forward to the future and gaining more knowledge though!

I fiddle with gamedev a bit, mostly as a hobby whenever I have the brainpower for it rare now cause im busy with work

Since most of my stuff is done solo and with assets i make myself, it usually ends up being 2d rather than 3d (or 2.5d) until i actually learn blender proper anyways lmao
and more often than not pixel art because it's easier for me to animate L(_ _L)

I feel like I'm generally more enamored with the idea of recreating game engines/piecing how those work than actually making a finished game though, since I lose interest once the core programming and mechanics are figured out. And just because my attention span is short and I like mini-games more than anything fully fleshed out or with any larger game loops.

not currently a full-fledged one, but right now i'm in college studying to become one. i look forward to the future and gaining more knowledge though!
Awesome! I wish you luck on your journey!

I fiddle with gamedev a bit, mostly as a hobby whenever I have the brainpower for it rare now cause im busy with work

Since most of my stuff is done solo and with assets i make myself, it usually ends up being 2d rather than 3d (or 2.5d) until i actually learn blender proper anyways lmao
and more often than not pixel art because it's easier for me to animate L(_ _L)

I feel like I'm generally more enamored with the idea of recreating game engines/piecing how those work than actually making a finished game though, since I lose interest once the core programming and mechanics are figured out. And just because my attention span is short and I like mini-games more than anything fully fleshed out or with any larger game loops.
Yeah, I understand what you mean with having a short attention span. I have started and abandoned so many games! The initial idea is always the most fun part of making a game, but once you realize you actually have to finish it… It’s a little rough. 😅

i WANT to become a gamedev, but I think I'm more suited to become the person who comes up with and pitches game ideas because I have an overactive imagination lol

i WANT to become a gamedev, but I think I'm more suited to become the person who comes up with and pitches game ideas because I have an overactive imagination lol
Nothing wrong with being creative 😇 Although, there are probably 100 “idea guys” to 1 game developer 😹

You could work towards learning game design instead if you don’t wanna be on the technical side. It’s actually a very difficult skill from my perspective.

Back