How do I get specific villagers to move to my island?

Animal Crossing Rocks

Bells
Silver Mailbox
I just got a second switch, and intentionally didn't transfer my island over so I could have a new island on the new switch (My old switch and island work perfectly fine!) And I had Static as a villager on the GameCube as a kid, and ever since then I have always wanted to have a town with Static in it again, but I always grow too attached to my current villagers, even when I do not like them, to be able to ever kick them out. My first NH save has 2-3 of my dreamies, but I do not have the heart to kick anyone out lol. I know villager trading is a thing on the forums, but if I were to go about this via single player, or "vanilla" how would I go about doing this? I only have my 2 starter villagers (Raneigh and Bud), so I definitely have room (once I unlock the ability to place more tents/houses.) It has been 4 years since I went through the starting-island process, so I do not remember all of the inner-workings of the early-mid game mechanics or how villager moving works, except that villagers can only ever leave if I tell them to, which is kind of nice from a peace of mind standpoint.

Do you remember using Nook Mile Tickets to visit little islands? If you’ve got an empty plot on your island, then you can go to the airport and use a Nook Mile Ticket, and there will be a villager on the island you arrive at. You can invite them to your town, or leave that island and try again with another Nook Mile Ticket. You can repeat it 100s of times until you find the villager you want. We call it villager hunting if you want to find out more about it.

Alternatively, you can use Amiibo cards if you really want to speed up the process. You'd have to have that specific villager's card or those chips people sell on Etsy for very cheap. That's how I got most of my villagers. You would invite the villager to your campsite and do three tasks for them over the course of three days. You have to invite them three different times to get them to move in. It beats villager hunting on islands, in my opinion.

Do you remember using Nook Mile Tickets to visit little islands? If you’ve got an empty plot on your island, then you can go to the airport and use a Nook Mile Ticket, and there will be a villager on the island you arrive at. You can invite them to your town, or leave that island and try again with another Nook Mile Ticket. You can repeat it 100s of times until you find the villager you want. We call it villager hunting if you want to find out more about it.
Oh yea, I remember doing that now. Thanks for the reminder! Also explains why people sell villagers for 10s or 100s of NMS lol.
Post automatically merged:

Alternatively, you can use Amiibo cards if you really want to speed up the process. You'd have to have that specific villager's card or those chips people sell on Etsy for very cheap. That's how I got most of my villagers. You would invite the villager to your campsite and do three tasks for them over the course of three days. You have to invite them three different times to get them to move in. It beats villager hunting on islands, in my opinion.
People sell them on Etsy? How do those work? I have an Amiibo card for Goldie, which was how I was able to get her on my first island. I just don't remember where I put it lol!

Back