How do you discover new music?

Usually "similar artists" or scrolling through the upcoming releases to see what I like. My family and I also share music together

Largely, I get all of my music from Spotify when I leave my playlists running too long. But honestly tik tok sounds have been introducing a lot of new stuff for me to add on soundcloud which is my long-time running favorite streaming platform. I really like that independent artist experimental stuff that isn't on spotify.

I also have a couple friends I made from college who have the same exact taste in obscure tracks that I do, so we share new tunes with each other just about every day. If I ever NEED something new that I know I'll like, I will generally go to them and just ask for their favs.

I go through the “daily discovery” and “My Mix" app made playlists that my music streaming app Tidal makes.

The former makes a new playlist daily full of songs in genres I listen to. 95% of the suggestions are awful, but I’ve found some musicians and bands I really like that way.

The latter are app generated playlists in every genre I like that are a mix of songs I regularly listen to and recommendations. I’d say the suggestions in these are good around 25% of the time.

Back