how many of you have the N3DS?

I don't have one just yet, but I do have the Hyrule Edition XL on pre-order at EB Games (in Canada). Can't wait for the end of October :D

My HHD N3DS bundle finally shipped today! I should have it tomorrow; I'm so excited!

I don't have the New 3DS, and right now I don't want it either, as the 3DS I have now works fine. Maybe I will want the New one when my 3DS breaks.

I've had the red-colored New 3DS XL since it released back in April or May, and now I have the New 3DS XL Hyrule Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes on pre-order to set to ship to my house at the end of October thanks to trading in a BUNCH of old games that I had either beaten or not cared for anymore (the trade-in total surprisingly covered the whole cost of the new system :D). It will be a great Halloween gift when it arrives... :)

EDIT: Oh, and I am probably going to either sell or trade-in my old, red one once the new one arrives (since it has a design on it I actually really enjoy) :)

Last edited:
I got the New 3DS a few weeks ago, but only because my original 3DS started having battery problems. I almost definitely wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for that, seeing as they haven't released any interesting games for it (isn't there only one game?) and I don't use amiibos.

I got the New 3DS a few weeks ago, but only because my original 3DS started having battery problems. I almost definitely wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for that, seeing as they haven't released any interesting games for it (isn't there only one game?) and I don't use amiibos.

Well there's a set number of games now (besides Xenoblade Chronicles 3D) that can only be viewed on the N3DS now including AC:HHD, and besides it being the only 3DS that can properly register Amiibo without having to buy a NFC reader, it can also now read Amiibo cards.... :)

Well there's a set number of games now (besides Xenoblade Chronicles 3D) that can only be viewed on the N3DS now including AC:HHD, and besides it being the only 3DS that can properly register Amiibo without having to buy a NFC reader, it can also now read Amiibo cards.... :)

Do you mean in the eShop or whatever? Because I'm pretty sure HHD can be played on a regular 3DS, you just need the reader, and that's only if you want to use the cards.

I was offered one as pay a while ago, but I turned it down since my 3DS works fine. I got a GameStop gift card instead

I've been pretty much exclusively playing my N3DS for the past few days. I still love my 3DS XL, but it's heavy and hurts my wrists if I play for long periods of time.

Plus, the N3DS has slightly bigger screens than the original one...so that's nice.

I have a N3DS! I really love it, the size is perfect for me.

Last edited:
I don't think I need one. As I got another 3DS XL back in last year's Christmas.

If there are any games that are ONLY compatible with the New 3DS that I think look fun, then i'll get it.

I have the n3ds and the n3ds xl. I like both but I tend to use the n3ds more because it's easier for me to hold. Plus, I love the faceplates. Right now, I only have the hhd faceplates but will buy others.

I have the N3DS XL, and am replacing it with the new Zelda edition coming at the end of October. Mine's in great condition, so it still sells well.

I have the red N3DSXL, and I must say, it's gorgeous! I purchased it a few days after it was released in the US. It's pretty glossy, so it collects fingerprints like crazy. But it's still beautiful and I adore looking at it, and playing it of course :)

I have the New Nintendo 3DS, and I love the concept of faceplates. I currently have the Isabelle and Happy Home Designer sets (the ones included in the North American bundle), and I plan on importing another set soon.

My purple 3DS is unfortunately having some problems on the bottom screen, so it is looking like I will have to upgrade. I'm having a tough time deciding whether to upgrade to a regular XL or if I should just go all out and get a New 3DS XL.

It would be nice to have the New if there are ever any more worthwhile exclusives, but I haven't heard of any. I also have reservations about the whole issue of needing a screwdriver to be able to switch out SD cards on a New XL. My final issue is purely aesthetic and pretty dumb, but I'm also kind of disappointed that the only colors you can choose from are Red and Black. I'm not into Zelda, but if I go N3DSXL, I might just pick up the Hyrule one.

Does anyone have experience with both old and New XL and feel that the New is worth it?

Last edited:
Back