• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

how much have you changed since you joined TBT?

I joined TBT seven years ago at age 21. At the time I was in college, aspiring to be a film director. Life was looking fantastic then, but then life started throwing hurdles at me that I wasn't ready for. Several of my friends died, three family members were diagnosed with cancer, and I was going through issues with my own health. Late 2015-mid 2017 was the darkest point in my life, and I wanted to end it, but instead I made some enormous life decisions that included abandoning my work (I had been working freelance as a cinematographer), ending a long-term relationship, and moving to a new location to pursue a second undergraduate degree. At first those changes didn't feel like they were going to pay off, and I thought I'd thrown my life away, but I applied myself and worked through it.

Late 2017-18 was an uphill battle where I was trying to come out of that place, but it felt like life kept kicking me back down. I immersed myself in student politics fighting for LGBT+ rights, being elected as a representative for my college and attending national events, and ended up taking up volunteering with an organisation where I took over the role of one of my late friends (and I am still in this role, and doing my best in it to honour her memory, to this date).

Eventually I learned how to work with the set-backs, and accept that they were happening for a greater reason. The biggest difference in my life though has been this past year. I finally had the opportunity to work in a field I'm passionate about (sciences), but back in school never felt I was smart enough to pursue. I learned how to stop being afraid of how people view me and realised that it was okay to be myself. I learned how to shrug and say "that's okay" if someone decides they don't like me rather than fretting over it and trying to change their minds. I now also volunteer for a fantastic company (not the organisation above) that has me feeling like I'm making a worthwhile contribution to young people's lives even during my downtime and is consistently supplying me with more opportunities - including one this summer. I've met some amazing people during the past year or so, and without everything that has happened I would never have met my loving and supportive partner.

TL;DR life was good when I first joined TBT, then it turned to ****, but I've fought my way out of it and learned a lot from it.

I think I’ve grown a bit! I don’t really love how I acted back when I joined, but I guess it’s good to cringe at yourself. That’s how you know you grew! I literally used the word hai as a greeting. (Not that that’s bad, I’m just way more formal than that now.) I’m more into collectibles now.

All I can really think about at the moment is that I went from having a Kirby obsession to having a Splatoon obsession, if that even matters.

A lot, I mean it was mostly just me growing up lol. I wasn't on here a lot between 2017-2020 but when I joined in 2014 I had just turned 12. Now I'm getting ready to move out for college in a couple months. I still have most of the same interests I had when I was younger but I've definitely matured a ton.

Probably a lot and I won't write all of my life story. Probably learned most when to take my fights rather than posting on literally everything and since blocking actually works here (though not perfect) I can choose to see what I want.

Not a lot about myself has changed since I first joined the forums. However, I already graduated from high school which was back in 2018 and I was in the process of applying for college. It took me half a year to wait for college to start and the program lasted for 2 years. And by 2 years, I mean only a year and a half which is three semesters. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful.

Goodness. It's been a long, long time. So much of my life is relatively the same, but who I am as a person? It took up the entirety of my 20s, and I didn't realize how much you really continue to change as you age, even after you are well into adulthood. I appreciate myself so much more, despite my failings, and I understand my value and worth in the stage of society. The older you get, the better that seems to be for me, despite being a woman.

oh jeez, i've changed a lot! i used to be a lot more immature and petty, but i think i've mellowed out much more as i've gotten older. i try not to invest myself too much into the site and use it strictly for new horizons-related business, but the memories i've had on here ooh wee

back in 2017 i was so active, id be checking and posting on tbt everyday. now im definitely way less active, probably because im more focused on school. i think im a lot lazier tho oops. also so many of my old posts make me question how my brain worked back then so i tend not to look at them lmao

In like 2018 / 2017 i was really active but also cringey, I was inactive for a year and now I'm back and I'd say I've changed a lot during that time, even during my hiatus I've changed. I always say if you knew me before 2019, you didn't. I'm a different person, the old Quackerz is dead

Actually joined a while ago (5-6 years?) I haven't really changed though.

I went through multiple phases. I grew up with TBT during high school. Now I'm unemployed. So, quite a lot.

I joined a few weeks ago as well, but it has so far been a wonderful experience for me. It got me back into New Leaf, and I have made such a wonderful friend along the way. We talk every day now and I am grateful for them. @Mayor Ng

I joined a little less than a year ago, so I haven't changed much (I think), other than being a tiny bit more open about myself (or less, IDK) and my writing style is a bit more different...probably. I don't really keep much tabs on myself.

i joined tbt 5 years ago wow i feel like that isn't even real but thats when i was like. obsessed with new leaf ha! but i have definitely changed a lot since then and it's so weird to think about how much has actually happened in 5 years of my life. like, my appearance has completely changed, i figured out what i want to do, and i have a whole new set of friends and mutuals that i never would have even imagined befriending. morals and education and the amount of stuff i know also applies!

Back