How often do you check notifcations?

I check my notifications as soon as I am available online again. I'm usually on most of the time, to the point of having a habit of refreshing the page, when I think I got something.

I don't like leaving notifications unread for too long, as they are distracting, since these are something I usually see first on the forums, before I see anything else, so I gotta clear them up right away as soon as I am online.

i have my account linked to my discord and my discord is always on so i usually see the notifs pretty quickly unless i'm preoccupied by something so i don't need to manually check tbt. i would just come on tbt after to clear out the notifs.

I check them as soon as I see them. I also get email notifications for some, mostly messages. I try to answer them as soon as I can though sometimes I need time because I’m busy or dealing with a lot of depression. I try my best to always let whoever messaged me know that though if I’m not able to reply right away.

I just click on the bell icon whenever I see that I've received a notification whenever I'm on the forums. I've let them pile up a few times in the past just to see how big the number would get, but generally there's no point to doing so and I'd rather clear it out. I also like to purchase stuff from shops around the forums from time to time too, so it's necessary to keep it clear so that I can know when whoever I'm dealing with has responded.

I've notifications set-up to go to my phone via Discord, so I'm often aware of them quite quickly.

However, my short-term memory is really bad—not ha ha funny bad, actually bad—so I tend not to click on a notification until I've the time to write a reply in case it needs one. If I read something that necessitates a response and I don't have time to reply chances are I'll forget to address it entirely.

My TBT is linked to my discord so I got Cephalobot yapping pinging me in my DMs about notifs in real time hehe. I do like checking them on discord when the notif pops up on my phone or ipad, but i really only go to check a specific notif on TBT if it's a PM, a new post from threads I'm following, or some quote/reply to my posts :]

for all interns and purposes i love Cephalobot the discord bot ok if nobody got me i know cephalobot got me can i get an amen

I usually check immediately. My curiosity cannot wait.

Every time. I don't understand how certain people can keep their notifications be piled up with so many notifs at once! I couldn't bear to have so many like that. I seen some users with 800+ notifs.

When I'm active, I'll check a few times a day. But lately I've been away due to things, so in that case once every few weeks.
But this flower event is cute so I'm going to stick around until the event ends and then see where I'm at on stuff.

normally i'm on top of things but with the new event... 😣
1714079531899.png

Every few hours generally, but it depends how busy I am, and I’m not exactly setting alarms in the night to wake up and check 😂 I do put it off sometimes right now though with all these watering notifications! Super grateful for everyone’s help but I literally woke up to over 100 this morning 😂

Back