How would you rate new horizons before it is release?

How would you rate the game?

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
The games out in 9 days, based on what you've sene so far, how would you rate the game?

i’d give it 4.5/5 - there’s still some small things i’m worried about but overall it looks fantastic!

I would give it 5 stars, 'cause the game just looks so freaking beautiful and I can already see myself spending tons of hours into it.

5 star for me, this game looks better than all the previous versions from what I have seen. It has its differences, so I plan to view it as a stand alone game rather than compare it to its predecessors.

I don't know if I can give it a 5/5 just yet.

The ever so unneeded, annoying prompts and dialogue still plague the game. (Please, Nintendo, fix these)

When using crafting table.
Prompt: Do you want to craft something?
Prompt: Do you want to continue crafting?

When Entering/Exiting a store:
Dialogue: Hello, welcome blah blah blah
Dialogue: Thanks, come again.

The dialogues should be replaced by emotions. Just wave to the player. Dialogues halt gameplay, and get annoying real fast when going in and out of shops frequently.

The prompts on the crafting table are utterly pointless. The crafting menu should just automatically open when the table is used, and close afterwards. If the player wants to continue crafting, they can click on it again. When these 2 things work together, crafting will be a lot nicer.

Imagine these
Going up to the bulletin board
Prompt: Do you want to read the bulletin board?

Going to the mailbox:
Prompt: Do you want to read your mail?

Some other things

It's 2020, and we still can't place furniture diagonally. We can place furniture outside though, so that's a start.

Still no toolbelt. Based on some gameplay videos, the tool ring makes accessing tools easier, but doesn't appear to keep tools out of the inventory. Of course, it seems we can upgrade to 40 slots at some point, which is better than nothing.

When Entering/Exiting a store:
Dialogue: Hello, welcome blah blah blah
Dialogue: Thanks, come again.

The dialogues should be replaced by emotions. Just wave to the player. Dialogues halt gameplay, and get annoying real fast when going in and out of shops frequently.

That only happens the first time you come in, every visit after that is replaced with text bubble welcoming/saying goodbye to you, it no longer has the issue from previous games that slow you down.

From everything we've seen so far, and seeing a feature I've wanted since City Folk (terraforming), I can give it a 5/5... however, opinions can change later on.

I rated it 5 stars based on everything we know so far. When we compare the game to the older versions I feel like Nintendo have listened to our pleas and have fixed a lot of things that were wrong with past games.

The content seems a lot fuller and I like the addition of Nook Miles too for little spurs throughout the day to keep you playing.

The graphics and overall feel of the game (especially the little sounds - buttons/shoes clicking etc) are much better also.

I like the museum upgrade too and the change from the usual tourneys where we have a set 3 minutes to catch fish- it gives people like myself who work weekends a chance to actually participate without the need to time travel.

Overall, it?s hard to give a concrete rating to a game that hasn?t been released but from the information we?ve gathered I?d be more than happy with just that content in the game. We know there will be more to uncover - as has been with past games, which makes it even more exciting.

That only happens the first time you come in, every visit after that is replaced with text bubble welcoming/saying goodbye to you, it no longer has the issue from previous games that slow you down.

I...I'm not sure that's correct. Are you talking about New Horizons, or New Leaf?

Last edited:
I...I'm not sure that's correct. Are you talking about New Horizons, or New Leaf?

New Horizons. We've seen footage of NPCs talking via pop-up text bubbles above their head when leaving a shop.

It looks great so far, 5/5 from what we know. But obviously my opinion may change later on, once I actually get to play the game.

Back