I named my island Playground... is that a weird name?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Arcade Tokens
I don't know why it sounds weird. Does it sound odd to anyone else? It's like 'welcome to the island of Playground.' It just doesn't ring well but it's cute. I need some opinions here.

I know it's my island and it shouldn't matter what everyone else thinks but I think it sounds odd, cute but odd. My character's name is Unique, so it kind of fits the strange vibe of my island names. Again, need some opinions. I was going to name my island Zoo, but I hate Zoos in real life so I wouldn't want to stuck with an island with that name.

Thank you. I actually wanted to name it The Playground, but of course the pesky character limit. But it's nice to know it probably doesn't sound as weird as I think it does.

It doesn't matter. I don't really care for themes and I make whatever stands out to me. You should do whatever you feel works for you.

I think it sounds adorable! Especially if you have a nice matching theme. Whatever the case is it means that your town is a fun "playground" when you play!

Thank you for responding everyone. I'm glad to know that it doesn't sound as odd as I thought.

I wanted something playful, happy and cute. It's just going to be my islanders and my playground. As for theme, I don't think it's going to have one but it's going to be a bright and cheerful looking island, so it will probably have lots of colors and everything.

Nope I think it sounds really cute and unique that's a really cool idea naming your island playground because then your villagers live on your island and they play on playground that's such a cute touch!

Name your playground Jungle so it's Welcome to the Jungle.

All kidding aside, as long as you like the name you've picked for your island, that's all that matters!

I think it sounds nice, personally. Your vision for it sounds exactly what I'd expect from an island called Playground!

Thank you everyone. :)

Now that my islanders are talking about the name in game, it really doesn't sound as odd as I thought. I can't wait to start working on the decorating and everything.

Back