• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

I need tips and feedback?

InfinityFlames

rainbowcherry is a slug.
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Yellow Candy
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Hi, feedback would be greatly appreciated on this.
I know I'm not very skilled, but I'm learning :p
2eun2gi.png
10h7wut.png
EDIT: I have tried again, but suggestions are still appreciated ^-^

Last edited:
This is pretty good for a beginner, (and seeing that I am also a beginner) I don't have alot to tell you, but here's something:
-The whole thing seems very seperate. Try blending each layer together by using gradients, matching colours, and using overlay layers.
-Make the colours more dynamic! Add light focal points (face, etc.) and dark points, such as around the edges.
-Try adding more to the 'under/around the render' section (blood splatter is this case). Add in a few different types of splatters. Using layer effects like colour burn or lumonosity also give a varied look!
-Your text placment is not bad, but again, the colour choice could be better in order to round in the colour theme.
-The backround seems kinda out of place, maybe a grey-to-light blue gradient (on low opacity) would look better, and not stick out as much!

Hope these tips helped! :)

This is pretty good for a beginner, (and seeing that I am also a beginner) I don't have alot to tell you, but here's something:
-The whole thing seems very seperate. Try blending each layer together by using gradients, matching colours, and using overlay layers.
-Make the colours more dynamic! Add light focal points (face, etc.) and dark points, such as around the edges.
-Try adding more to the 'under/around the render' section (blood splatter is this case). Add in a few different types of splatters. Using layer effects like colour burn or lumonosity also give a varied look!
-Your text placment is not bad, but again, the colour choice could be better in order to round in the colour theme.
-The backround seems kinda out of place, maybe a grey-to-light blue gradient (on low opacity) would look better, and not stick out as much!

Thank you, and I will keep all that in mind! :)

Last edited:

there's some real good tips in this ^

I agree that the background doesn't seem right, and I'm not really a fan of how the blood splatter isn't splattered on anything. Likewise the colour of the text, even using the eyedropper tool (use this for other things apart from the text) to get colour from the render and it should fit in as a whole. Pretty much everything else Cherry said.

Parroting the other tips, but I agree that it's not a composition, nothing has any relation to one another. It literally looks like-

Layer 1- Background.
Layer 2- Blood Spatter Effect.
Layer 3- Character.
Layer 4- Text.

Nothing really flows though, the color of the text is so bright and somewhat of a cheerful color next to a seemingly serious looking character and blood spatters, and the background could be changed to something more fitting, like a location a character is at instead of random stock. I don't know if you cut out the character yourself or if you found a render of it somewhere, but it looks nice, maybe play with some contrast on it though and play with the levels in Photoshop, really make it pop and don't be afraid to use more effects. Just try to think about the piece as a whole, instead of separate elements.

Parroting the other tips, but I agree that it's not a composition, nothing has any relation to one another. It literally looks like-

Layer 1- Background.
Layer 2- Blood Spatter Effect.
Layer 3- Character.
Layer 4- Text.

Nothing really flows though, the color of the text is so bright and somewhat of a cheerful color next to a seemingly serious looking character and blood spatters, and the background could be changed to something more fitting, like a location a character is at instead of random stock. I don't know if you cut out the character yourself or if you found a render of it somewhere, but it looks nice, maybe play with some contrast on it though and play with the levels in Photoshop, really make it pop and don't be afraid to use more effects. Just try to think about the piece as a whole, instead of separate elements.

Thanks, I will keep that in consideration as well!

Back