Island weather seed tool [Datamining]

As someone who's hunting for zodiac fragments, this is an absolute godsend! Ninji and everyone that worked on this has all of my thanks. Now I don't have to shell out absurd payments for Zodiac frags!

My seed is 1773952012. Its pretty good if you ask me! Lots of meteor showers! Im curious to see what is considered a good seed!

I think it’s different for everyone as to what’s a “good” seed. But we all can agree that the 2 cursed seeds I listed in my original post suck because they have 0 heavy meteor showers in 2020.

This is awesome! :) Looks like I'll have a rainbow tomorrow! but no heavy showers for the month.

I like to take screenshots of falling stars so that helped a lot to narrow down my seed. I didn't have to input that many...

unfortunately i can’t seem to get this to work at all :/ i’ve been trying for an hour entering dates and weather and each time it generates a seed the information is inaccurate. yet when i fill in as much accurate information as i can it states there is no seed. the last time i used only rainy days plus my one heavy meteor shower with star times taken from screenshots and it still was wrong.

Thanks for sharing this! It took a long time to figure out mine because I was using some weather from photos taken near the end of the hour so it wasn't accurate and I didn't get any matches, but after restricting my search to the ones I took earlier in the hour, I found my seed! It told me I'd have some light meteor showers tonight and sure enough I had them at the exact same times. I definitely like knowing this because I've only seen one light shower so far and just got four fragments out of it.

Unfortunately, I'll only have one heavy meteor shower for the rest of the year (there were two others this year but both before the game released), but I'll get 17 in 2021 to make up for it!

I thought I got my seed narrowed down, but I think I did it wrong. I TTed to a day I was meant to have a light meteor shower and it turned out to have heavy rain instead :unsure:

So not sure what happened there.

If it’s messing up for you:

Please double check the information entered (easy using TT).
Remember that for the weather patterns: it’s most obvious at the top of the hour (X:00), and this is when the tool uses to calculate what weather pattern you have

Entering anything from 12:00am-4:59am gets a little confusing, because it counts as the previous day, not the day on the screenshot. I found myself getting it wrong and avoided it altogether.

Looks accurate to me! I checked 4 shooting star times just now that the tool predicted and it got everything right down to the second.

I feel vindicated! I was in fact never seeing shooting stars because I always stopped playing before I got them. But I get at least one meteor shower every month for the rest of the year except October (and 5 in November, bless) so I should hopefully be okay for zodiac frags.

I’m excited for this because I’ve had terrible meteor shower luck so far, but also my terrible meteor shower luck is making it impossible to narrow down even after logging ALL my screenshots from launch v.v

Got mine! 1672285299 happy to have confirmation that I have not missed a heavy meteor shower so far and looking forward to my first one later this month!

Lmao, okay, i got lucky and am having a meteor shower rn, so I’m tracking+ screenshotting every minute where I have stars so I know I’m not messing up the time/minutes. And according to ONLY this meteor showers info, I had 12 seeds...then 7... then 0 lol, my seed apparently doesn’t exist but I know I’m being accurate rn because I’m logging literally as it happens

Update : I had a lot of trouble trying to get my seed but I finally got it!

You only need to know the specific date of one heavy meteor shower , time travel to that day and select the specific times starts fell from the sky (no need to put seconds) , you need to have between 15-20 times to have your seed , and after that , search for it

Here's mine , it barely has any meteor showers but September is FULL of rainbows!
1592107543174.png

I would not go crazy about putting so much effort into timing stars, you can get your seed with less accurate information as long as you have a lot of information.

I had the dates of three announced meteor showers, two dates when Celeste was there (no info about stars, merely the day she was there), one day with a rainbow this week, logged about three types of weather yesterday accurately (meaning with correct clouds) and then went through my screenshots and added about 10 days of rain/no rain from my screenshots (could not see the clouds) - one entry per day on average.

Even though I did not have realy accurate information there was one seed found and so far it has been spot on for yesterday and today's weather, so it seems I have found the right one. Might TTing to a date with meteor or rainbow and see if it is really correct, but so far it seems to be right.

So before going crazy and writing down shooting stars with minutes/seconds, try to put in simplier data as long as you have the information - if there is nothing found you can still add more information later. :)

I would not go crazy about putting so much effort into timing stars, you can get your seed with less accurate information as long as you have a lot of information.

I had the dates of three announced meteor showers, two dates when Celeste was there (no info about stars, merely the day she was there), one day with a rainbow this week, logged about three types of weather yesterday accurately (meaning with correct clouds) and then went through my screenshots and added about 10 days of rain/no rain from my screenshots (could not see the clouds) - one entry per day on average.

Even though I did not have realy accurate information there was one seed found and so far it has been spot on for yesterday and today's weather, so it seems I have found the right one. Might TTing to a date with meteor or rainbow and see if it is really correct, but so far it seems to be right.

So before going crazy and writing down shooting stars with minutes/seconds, try to put in simplier data as long as you have the information - if there is nothing found you can still add more information later. :)

This. I had timestamps in my group chart for when I had my Meteor shower and Celeste. I got lucky last night and got a light shower and I'm down to less than 20 seeds now. Logging in some of the hourly weather per day is better than nothing. There's no need to rush to get this data

Yeah you don’t need that much info. You can find it with a couple dates of weather events really.

I found mine with 2 heavy shower dates and 3 light shower star times (just to the minute not seconds)

screenshots help a ton because they have time stamps on them!

For anyone having trouble, make sure you do not input any info unless you are 100% sure it's correct. Cloud types might be easy to mix up so if you're not sure, just don't put anything.

If you have screenshots, rain, meteor showers and Celeste visits are the easiest to track because they're obvious. I was able to get my correct seed just by using those three factors.

If you are not 100% sure if it's a heavy or normal meteor shower, don't guess... just say "not sure."

Finally got my seed! August is gonna be some good stuff, 13 showers(2 big ones!) and 7 double rainbows~

i got my code too! it’s 1801770430, and i’m pleases to find out that i have two heavy meteor showers this friday and saturday! i’m really happy with what i got, i just put in major events that i screenshotted (meteor showers, thunderstorms) and filled it in with the autopredicter that i’m pretty sure is a new edition to meteonook. it’s really helpful, i’m glad that i didn’t give up when it told me my input was incorrect.

edit:

question, what do the leaves mean next to your weather?

example- 5 AM: 🍃2 🌧 Rain

Back