Least favourite feature in the entire series so far?

I can do one per game.

GC: Storage is horrible. A whopping 4 slots per storage item. Having codes is a saving grace but then you have to type them in rather than just having normal workable storage. It’s an N64 game at heart but that limit specifically is awful to return to. This is the #1 worst for me and just so bad it docks a point from the game on its own.

WW/CF: Withering flowers. Picking weeds is therapeutic, forced withering if you leave / having to check every flower makes your town so depressing. More importantly, this was back when watering cans only hit one tile at a time and flowers didn’t sparkle after being watered, so you just had to remember what you watered across your entire town and check every flower one by one. Made hybrids too fragile and not worth the effort as well. It’s annoying in the same way as grass deterioration, which is also one of the worst features in the series (in CF, not NL, NL version is fine).

If you want to count CF separately, then the villagers sticking so tenaciously to specific topics in that game was horrible and one of the reasons it actually has the worst dialogue.

NL: I think basically everyone agrees on this one, so I don’t even need to say it.

NH: this one is harder because the problems with this game are more in what’s missing or are just multi-faceted. Like for example the lack of town blueprints, or before 2.0 the color variants being so impossible to get realistically (that was honestly even worse than the GC storage thing though), or so many good features being locked behind HHP. I really don’t know and I can’t even settle on something to close this off.

I can do one per game.

GC: Storage is horrible. A whopping 4 slots per storage item. Having codes is a saving grace but then you have to type them in rather than just having normal workable storage. It’s an N64 game at heart but that limit specifically is awful to return to. This is the #1 worst for me and just so bad it docks a point from the game on its own.

WW/CF: Withering flowers. Picking weeds is therapeutic, forced withering if you leave / having to check every flower makes your town so depressing. More importantly, this was back when watering cans only hit one tile at a time and flowers didn’t sparkle after being watered, so you just had to remember what you watered across your entire town and check every flower one by one. Made hybrids too fragile and not worth the effort as well. It’s annoying in the same way as grass deterioration, which is also one of the worst features in the series (in CF, not NL, NL version is fine).

If you want to count CF separately, then the villagers sticking so tenaciously to specific topics in that game was horrible and one of the reasons it actually has the worst dialogue.

NL: I think basically everyone agrees on this one, so I don’t even need to say it.

NH: this one is harder because the problems with this game are more in what’s missing or are just multi-faceted. Like for example the lack of town blueprints, or before 2.0 the color variants being so impossible to get realistically (that was honestly even worse than the GC storage thing though), or so many good features being locked behind HHP. I really don’t know and I can’t even settle on something to close this off.
With the original Animal Crossing Gamecube game, I have a weird workaround for all the storage issues. Everyone knows the trick to store items in letters in your inventory, but you can also store those item holding letters in storage at the post office. There are color coded storage which I separate for things like gyroids or specific themed furniture. Still not great by any means, but a huge improvement from how it normally is.

With the original Animal Crossing Gamecube game, I have a weird workaround for all the storage issues. Everyone knows the trick to store items in letters in your inventory, but you can also store those item holding letters in storage at the post office. There are color coded storage which I separate for things like gyroids or specific themed furniture. Still not great by any means, but a huge improvement from how it normally is.
Oh yeah I know about that. It’s still really slow and crappy to the point I feel you may as well just be using codes though otherwise you have to remember what is in what letter (or write letters saying what item is attached, preventing you from saving genuine letters)

Back