List of Villagers Based on Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I needn't bore you with details. However, I am back now and I'd like to kick things off with an update later today. Expect it within a few hours.

I also would like to point out that I am wanting to carry on the weekly update, but know that weeks may be missed on occasion.

I am still on the hunt for users to assist me on this thread, so make yourselves known to me! I will be picking one or two people by the end of this week. If you're interested in assisting, do let me know in your posts this week, or feel free to send me a PM. Just give me a nudge to say you're interested. :)

Also, I'm aware of a poll that was created for the "most popular villager of TBT". Now the veterans amongst you may be aware that these kinds of polls, while nice, do NOT indicate popularity as a whole. Due to the villagers here being based on value and abundance (how often they're seen/traded etc), I cannot necessarily use this poll as a guide to tell me how to update the list. While I can take it into account, it is not something I can use on it's own to indicate popularity.

See you all later, and I apologise for my absence!

Hey all,

I needn't bore you with details. However, I am back now and I'd like to kick things off with an update later today. Expect it within a few hours.

I also would like to point out that I am wanting to carry on the weekly update, but know that weeks may be missed on occasion.

I am still on the hunt for users to assist me on this thread, so make yourselves known to me! I will be picking one or two people by the end of this week. If you're interested in assisting, do let me know in your posts this week, or feel free to send me a PM. Just give me a nudge to say you're interested. :)

Also, I'm aware of a poll that was created for the "most popular villager of TBT". Now the veterans amongst you may be aware that these kinds of polls, while nice, do NOT indicate popularity as a whole. Due to the villagers here being based on value and abundance (how often they're seen/traded etc), I cannot necessarily use this poll as a guide to tell me how to update the list. While I can take it into account, it is not something I can use on it's own to indicate popularity.

See you all later, and I apologise for my absence!

Nice to see you are back! No problem, as we all understand how busy one can be! I'd love to help if I'm needed ^^

I think Melba should be moved up a bunch. ^^ I see her consistently on favorite villager threads, and she's highly sought after on the villager trading board.

I think Melba should be moved up a bunch. ^^ I see her consistently on favorite villager threads, and she's highly sought after on the villager trading board.

The fact that Melba was ever a low tier blows my mind really. She is like the amazing Huggy from the original.

Update

Quick side note here - apologies it's late, I got sidetracked the last two days.
Also, I've only carried out updates today which seemed to be the most glaring (with Tier One aside), as I need to get more of a feel for the site again, as just looking around it seems some villagers which I thought would always be popular have disappeared, whereas others have exploded. So it'll take some time for things to balance out and I can see what's going where. Please be patient if you spot a glaring error!

Tier One

1. Marshal - unchanged
2. Chief - up 1
3. Stitches - up 1
4. Beau - up 3
5. Whitney - up 3
6. Lolly - down 4
7. Diana - up 2
8. Fauna - down 2
9. Ankha - down 4
10. Merengue - up 3
11. Fang - unchanged
12. Rosie - down 2
13. Zucker - up 2
14. Skye - up 12
15. Marina - down 3

Kid Cat has been moved down from number 14 of Tier One, to number 5 of Tier Two.

Bam has been moved down from number 8 of Tier Two, to number 25.

Wolfgang & Octavian have both been moved down from numbers 11 and 12 of Tier Two respectively, to numbers 20 and 21.

Francine has been moved down from number 14 of Tier Two, to number 29.

Rudy has been moved up from number 15 of Tier Two, to number 9.

Willow has been moved up from number 26 of Tier Three, to number 10.

Frita has been moved down from number 45 of Tier Four, to Tier Five.

Cole has been moved up from Tier Five, to number 30 of Tier Four.

Interesting changes, and I think both Chief and Bam surprised me most.. Chief was the most looked for villager this week, and Bam was absolutely nowhere in signatures, or LF's. We'll see what the future brings!

I'll give a refresh update on Sunday or Monday to see if things change a bit more!

Remember to make yourselves known to me about your desire to help out with this thread :)

Hmm.. I really think Papi should be higher in Tier-- 4 I think that's what he's in.
I've seen so many people looking for him, but since he's hard to find due to his Tier, most people can never find him @____@

Melba should also be moved up a bunch, like twisty said. She's not only my dreamie, but quite a couple TBT'ers dreamies also. She's favored a lot in the favorite villager threads too! ^^;;

I'm actually surprised Chief is #2, I had him in boxes for like two days and got no interest whatsoever. Same with Fang being T1, I've had him at least three times in various cycling towns and after the first time I got no interest in him at all and had to give him to someone on tumblr. I love both of them and I do think they deserve to be up there on the list, I just never get anyone that wants them, at least when I've got them :s
I also think Pietro should be bumped all the way down to T4 tbh, whenever I see him up for sale/auction/giveaway I never see him get adopted, and I've had him 3+ times as well in cycling towns and have never gotten a single person that wants him. And that's on multiple different sites, not even just TBT.

Been cycling for awhile. Agree with everyone on Melba.

I don't sell Tier 5s but everytime I make a giveaway thread for her (maybe 3 times now) she is taken quite quickly.

Last edited:
Just a few things: great list, hope all is well

Kid Cat is not in the which villagers are in the tier 1 list question

There is no number 16 but two 19's XD

Just a few things: great list, hope all is well

Kid Cat is not in the which villagers are in the tier 1 list question

There is no number 16 but two 19's XD

I've updated the Tier, cheers for that. :)

I'll update the FAQ when I can!

Part of the reason I made an account here was because I was pretty interested in developing an advanced polling system just for this particular ... purpose. (I'm a nerd... and a dev in my spare time.)

It's true, there are definitely too many villagers to sort (manually) and rank (manually), to keep updating them by hand seems inefficient. There are ways to implement a system which allows a user to (pick 10) villagers per day per vote. The votes can be monitored on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, assuming you allow the system to track 1 vote per person per day. You'd be able to see "trending" villagers this way. The 10 villagers you choose can be your favorites/ dream villagers. The statistical outliers will present themselves quickly, given a large sample size. This system doesn't have to be constrained to just TBT, it could have larger implications and be used across the entire internet for more accurate numbers. (TBT, Reddit, Tumblr, etc.)

Obviously different forums and websites have different villager popularity, but you can also include a survey type question at the end of the poll asking for the pollers origin and list where they came from, (reddit, tumblr, TBT, etc.) and then be able to sort trending villagers per day, per website.

That's just my idea for an implementation. It would take me a while to come up with the code, and I'd need a database to store all of the info. But it would be really fun to do and it could be used for future AC games. :)

The issues this polling system would face is obviously making people poll, poll, poll, every day for accurate data. There could be an e-mail reminder asking you to update, or to resubmit your original input if it's not changed. I'm not really sure there's an easy way to force people to poll. But you never know until you try.

Last edited:
I think that Cherry deserves an increase in rank. I've seen a lot of people looking for her, and she just generally seems to be one of the most popular Uchis next to Francine. I think she should be somewhere in the lower tier 2 or higher in tier 3.

I had Cherry and she made the uchi look and personality bearable.

Part of the reason I made an account here was because I was pretty interested in developing an advanced polling system just for this particular ... purpose. (I'm a nerd... and a dev in my spare time.)

It's true, there are definitely too many villagers to sort (manually) and rank (manually), to keep updating them by hand seems inefficient. There are ways to implement a system which allows a user to (pick 10) villagers per day per vote. The votes can be monitored on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, assuming you allow the system to track 1 vote per person per day. You'd be able to see "trending" villagers this way. The 10 villagers you choose can be your favorites/ dream villagers. The statistical outliers will present themselves quickly, given a large sample size. This system doesn't have to be constrained to just TBT, it could have larger implications and be used across the entire internet for more accurate numbers. (TBT, Reddit, Tumblr, etc.)

Obviously different forums and websites have different villager popularity, but you can also include a survey type question at the end of the poll asking for the pollers origin and list where they came from, (reddit, tumblr, TBT, etc.) and then be able to sort trending villagers per day, per website.

That's just my idea for an implementation. It would take me a while to come up with the code, and I'd need a database to store all of the info. But it would be really fun to do and it could be used for future AC games. :)

The issues this polling system would face is obviously making people poll, poll, poll, every day for accurate data. There could be an e-mail reminder asking you to update, or to resubmit your original input if it's not changed. I'm not really sure there's an easy way to force people to poll. But you never know until you try.

I love this idea!

I'm sure there would be small changes/improvements made over time...but the best part of this is that an active community could keep the popularity CURRENT. And that is what matters!

I notice alot of people have Sally in their dreamies, and i've seen her go for a lot. Why isn't she in at least tier 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back