List of Villagers Based on Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! NO! Kid Cat has been gruesomely murdered dropped from tier 1! I think I'm gonna cry ;-;

anyone agree tangy should be ranked up?

The tiers are decided by the frequency and amount which villagers are being bought and sold. As cute as the tangerine kitty is, I don't think she is popular enough to move up.

Last edited:
Awesome! A new update! I appreciate your hard work :)

I think that, while Marshal is popular, I don't think he'd be number one of tier one. I've seen him voided every now and then and selling low.

Melba is increasingly growing in popularity and her sales are going up.

Whitney doesn't seem to be requested as much and she's gone voided quite a bit.

I've also seen Walker grow in popularity too, and I see him in quite a few sigs ;)

I would quite like to help you like you said in your post, but I'm sure loads of other users have jumped up at the opportunity :)

Last edited:
Poor Margie! I'd think she'd be more popular because of the Animal Crossing Movie.

I saw her in my campsite and almost got her but passed. Cute though

I have no idea why Monique is Tier 5 when Olivia is like Tier 3 or something. Monique has a better design, is way more snooty, and is like the Marilyn Monroe of cats. She will always be #1 in my heart. :3

I have no idea why Monique is Tier 5 when Olivia is like Tier 3 or something. Monique has a better design, is way more snooty, and is like the Marilyn Monroe of cats. She will always be #1 in my heart. :3

I think because people don't liker her as much as Olivia I think most people hate her (like me)

I love Monique and Olivia both, but Olivia is definitely more sought for. People like her more simple and elegant design, I think. ^^

Im a sucker for Cats. I guess I just love all of them! Their tails wag so cute when they walk around my town, and honestly, the Lazy and Snooty ones make the most sense as well because well, that is pretty much what cats are, in a nutshell. Haha :3

Marcie is totally adorable, I don't see why she's tier 5. Same with Pippy and Boomer.

Marcie is totally adorable, I don't see why she's tier 5. Same with Pippy and Boomer.

Hmmm this is the beauty of the game. So many differing opinions and preferences. I personally had Pippy two days...and for a reason. Curse those random move ins!

All my dream villagers are
Beardo
Pippy
Marcie
Benjamin
Boomer
Melba
Monique
Agnes
Frank
and Jacques, none of which are higher than tier 4, which I'm happy about. I hate visiting dream towns where all of the same 20 or so villagers are in the towns over and over again.

All my dream villagers are
Beardo
Pippy
Marcie
Benjamin
Boomer
Melba
Monique
Agnes
Frank
and Jacques, none of which are higher than tier 4, which I'm happy about. I hate visiting dream towns where all of the same 20 or so villagers are in the towns over and over again.

That's awesome! I just keep villagers I really like

When are we going to get an updated picture? And why is Tier 5 still so large?

Hey all,

Sorry for no update this week, I've been snowed under with numerous bits, and will be this week too.. However, I'll get a new update for you all on Saturday. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

When are we going to get an updated picture? And why is Tier 5 still so large?

When I have the time. Also, Tier Five is the size it probably should be. There is marginal difference between the popularity of most villagers in Tier Five.

Hi Hound00med. First off let me just say I really appreciate the work you do. It was actually this thread that first got me interested in this forum. I would not be here if it weren't for you. Obviously this is a tough project and I think the fact that you'll have an update within two weeks of the last one is pretty impressive. I can't even imagine the amount of time this must take.

However, I feel like I disagree about your comment about tier 5 being the right size. Granted, I have not seen the data so I could be completely wrong here. My reasoning is that buyouts start at 500k in tier 4, but tier 5 has giveaways listed at the best option. That's a pretty big difference. It's just 2k more than remodeling my town hall. Surely the villagers in that tier aren't that worthless. Some must be worth around 50-100k. Another thing that concerns me is that tier 5 makes up more than 60% of villagers. On one hand, the villagers that are popular are by definition liked by a large portion of people so maybe it makes sense that less than half have some popularity. On the other hand, I still can't help feeling like more than half of the villagers shouldn't be in the same tier, is there really so little variance? Like I said I haven't seen the data, that's just a gut feeling which could be completely wrong.

On a more pragmatic note, I can understand why you wouldn't want to split tier five. You're just one person and this is a big project. Given that the tiers are what initially got me interested in this site I have often considered volunteering to assist with this. What has held me back is that I'm not sure what sort of skills are needed and that I don't know what the time commitment would be. Depending on what it is I may be able to help with this project after December 2nd, if not then after December 15th (I'm in university. Most of my assignments/exams/presentations will be done by December 2nd, but I don't finish the semester until December 15th). I always feel bad when I see this thread inundated with people's conflicting opinions because this is time-consuming. I wouldn't want to put forth a complaint saying "this needs to happen" without trying to do anything about it myself.

Anyway, thanks again for all your hard work. Let me know about what's needed to help with this thread. I can't wait to see the update this weekend :)

Oh my gosh, I can't believe Skye made it back! Her popularity seems to be rising?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back