• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

List of Villagers Based on Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is just wonderful. Really goes to show we all have different opinions.

Lyman is probably my favorite little guy..and he's Tier 5 lol.

Hey all, sorry there hasn't been an update when I promised! I've been buried in stuff to do these past few days and I probably won't be back on track until tomorrow or Saturday.

@MTPockets, when you learn how popular/sought after the Tier Five villagers actually are, you'll realise that it doesn't need to be split, especially not right now. When villagers start to have an increased worth, that's typically when they move up to Tier Four. If you've been around a long time, you also notice that typically villagers in Tier Five never just touch into Tier Four, they rocket into it. Many of the villagers at the bottom of Tier Four tend to be pretty unpopular, but have steady popularity that sees them looked for rarely in the LF thread and in signatures which warrants their place in Tier Four, but usually don't carry the value listed on the Tier spoiler. This is precisely why the value sections have always been a bit vague because they cannot be used to describe EVERY villager. I was always reluctant to add values, but I did so to help people get a vague idea of what a villager may be worth. This constant fluctuating also should tell you why the TBT Bell prices are not listed, because the conversion rate changes almost daily, and so I'm not (nor should anyone else be) willing to update those prices. I always say to look at the general values listed and convert to TBT depending on the current rate.

I see some tier 1s getting ignored and voided a lot. It may just be the time they are posted, but I have seen Whitney auctions get ignored a few times. I see a lot of love for villagers liker her too though.

Stitches should be at least 2 in tier 1 (does that make sense?)? Everyone loves Stitches and wants him i feel or has him lol, but that's my opinion.

Hey all, sorry there hasn't been an update when I promised! I've been buried in stuff to do these past few days and I probably won't be back on track until tomorrow or Saturday.

@MTPockets, when you learn how popular/sought after the Tier Five villagers actually are, you'll realise that it doesn't need to be split, especially not right now. When villagers start to have an increased worth, that's typically when they move up to Tier Four. If you've been around a long time, you also notice that typically villagers in Tier Five never just touch into Tier Four, they rocket into it. Many of the villagers at the bottom of Tier Four tend to be pretty unpopular, but have steady popularity that sees them looked for rarely in the LF thread and in signatures which warrants their place in Tier Four, but usually don't carry the value listed on the Tier spoiler. This is precisely why the value sections have always been a bit vague because they cannot be used to describe EVERY villager. I was always reluctant to add values, but I did so to help people get a vague idea of what a villager may be worth. This constant fluctuating also should tell you why the TBT Bell prices are not listed, because the conversion rate changes almost daily, and so I'm not (nor should anyone else be) willing to update those prices. I always say to look at the general values listed and convert to TBT depending on the current rate.
But tier 5 from the sound of it still amounts to more than two-thirds of the game's villagers. I can't be the only one that thinks that's a tad elitist. I've seen certain fan circles that have banned users for having even ONE tier 5 villager. Having tier 5 be twice as big as the other 4 tiers COMBINED can't be good, especially since they used to be a lot more balanced (Tier 3 used to be the biggest tier at 147 villagers, now it has a mere 30).

But tier 5 from the sound of it still amounts to more than two-thirds of the game's villagers. I can't be the only one that thinks that's a tad elitist. I've seen certain fan circles that have banned users for having even ONE tier 5 villager. Having tier 5 be twice as big as the other 4 tiers COMBINED can't be good, especially since they used to be a lot more balanced (Tier 3 used to be the biggest tier at 147 villagers, now it has a mere 30).

I feel like the animal species should be included in the villager's tier. Certain species are just more popular than others, for example, cats and dogs and octopi. Although the only reason the octopi are even popular is because there are so few of them in the game. If more were introduced, I doubt they'd be popular as villagers. In it's current form, it needs a lot of work. I really don't think most of those tier 5's are rightly so.

What's the exchange rate to IGB and TBT. So I know how much tiers are in TBT.

I've been exchanging tbt for igb with people. I've done it twice.

The rate for 100 tbt is 20 million igb.
I just exchanged 75 tbt for 15 million bells.

It isn't an exact science but that gives you an idea.

Oh man. So.. I'm rich! Lol not really but, def good. Thank you.

No prob! I know how you feel. I have like 39 mil bells but seeing 20 mil igb is only 100 tbt really does make me feel poor haha.

I have Ankha, Coco ,Cookie, Cube, Deirdre, Flora, Monty, Winnie, and Hans in my village. I know the first two used to be popular, what is it like now?

Last edited:
Just posting in this thread because I realize Fang is Tier 1, and he spawned with my town..I wasn't able to play for a week or so and he moved away. Ah well :(

I think that Jacques saw a recent burst in popularity. He seems to be getting more known and I'm starting to see him in more Sigs.

I think that Jacques saw a recent burst in popularity. He seems to be getting more known and I'm starting to see him in more Sigs.

Nah I think I just post about Jacques whenever possible because he is one of my absolute favorites in my town haha.

Never thought Chief would reach the level of popularity he is now. Still, I think he's got a ways to go before he catches Marshal.

Hang in there Lolly! I know you'll bounce back...

Hi! I read the very first post and I have some questions. I'm hoping someone here can help me. I don't quite understand how trading/buying of villagers works but I would like to learn more. A basic rundown would be sufficient as well as any tips if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back