• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us ~~now~~ for a super special secret staff stream! Don't h8, spect8!

Mafia Monster Mash Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Also, imo, that Tessa post perfectly encapsulates everything I've said about her gameplay like.

What sort of new information is that. Shawo MIGHT be mafia so therefore Shawo MIGHT be lying. Yes. That's been true all game. It's not game progression-y. You'll see what I flip if I die, and then you can read back and get a proper view on my posts.

idk. It's just bothering me now that I see it.

Why would we not believe the first claim?
Because if sheep has two (2) counter claims, that means if sheep flips town, both me and potential detective X are confirmed mafia. Thus causing a game end. And if sheep is mafia, the game continues.

Basically you're voting between confirmed game win, and the best possible outcome.

Any other vote is basically terrible.

So, I know I'm town. What set of reasoning do you want me to use. Haha, sheep must've been JOKING.

i half expected a CC from you, ngl. LOL something other than, "im town, sheep must be maf & fake claiming det while the real det hides."

if sheep's claim wasn't real, you're the last to enter the thread after today. don't you think someone would of CC'd him sooner?

i half expected a CC from you, ngl. LOL something other than, "im town, sheep must be maf & fake claiming det while the real det hides."

if sheep's claim wasn't real, you're the last to enter the thread after today. don't you think someone would of CC'd him sooner?
Acknowledge my above post.

Also -> Sure, I would've expected Sheep to be CC'd, but of the two scenarios. IE: Sheep fake claiming a report on me and then leaving for... clout? Or Det just hiding, I'd expect the latter. I mean it's not like there's no merit to hiding.

If I die, sheep is conf maf, and Det maybe gets another report, which is a complete game changer. Also, I could die AND be maf, and that's an autoloss if Det thinks sheep is mafia bussing me to try to bait a det CC to try to be townclear. Which is a weird scenario, but totally one maf!shawo does, to be honest, so...

So I caught up to roughly the point where Sheep said I was mafia, and read a bit forward. It's cool you guys all think I'm mafia, (and I did just get back.)

But I am town.

I'm also not Det.

To be honest, there's a whole series of events that makes this weird, but the absolute simplest one is just to kill me then kill Sheep. I'll catch up now though to make sure Sheep is actually committing to the det claim.

I'll also give some reads before I die. Don't sheep them, I just want to be able to say I told you so lmao.

So, a wolf has appeared not to counterclaim, but to leave behind the best help he can for his partner.

We just have to figure what angle he's going for. Distancing? Townreading a partner? Fos on someone else?

Acknowledge my above post.

Also -> Sure, I would've expected Sheep to be CC'd, but of the two scenarios. IE: Sheep fake claiming a report on me and then leaving for... clout? Or Det just hiding, I'd expect the latter. I mean it's not like there's no merit to hiding.

If I die, sheep is conf maf, and Det maybe gets another report, which is a complete game changer. Also, I could die AND be maf, and that's an autoloss if Det thinks sheep is mafia bussing me to try to bait a det CC to try to be townclear. Which is a weird scenario, but totally one maf!shawo does, to be honest, so...

i am though.

it's a ballsy ass move to pull out d2. even for experienced mafia, and you have more experience playing than anyone else here so why would this play come from someone else? they read it on the "hot mafia tips for new players like you?" Quora questions thread? if you flip anything but red, we know to kill sheep D3. :lemon:

So, a wolf has appeared not to counterclaim, but to leave behind the best help he can for his partner.

We just have to figure what angle he's going for. Distancing? Townreading a partner? Fos on someone else?
1666146761629.png

sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I will have you know I was taking this game very seriously, and it took all of my self restraint to not !post.

I'm quite proud of myself for having come this far, actually.

yeah ngl I was thinking that would be the new strat too...will need a minute to wrap my head around this. I can't see any reason det wouldnt have been cced at this point, either, esp now that shawo is here.

So, I'm inclined to trust sheep more rn

i am though.

it's a ballsy ass move to pull out d2. even for experienced mafia, and you have more experience playing than anyone else here so why would this play come from someone else? they read it on the "hot mafia tips for new players like you?" Quora questions thread? if you flip anything but red, we know to kill sheep D3. :lemon:
Also, I don't... understand what you mean.

Are you saying that weird play would only happen if I was mafia? Because yes, that's the basis of that play. Otherwise it just feels like ur trying to be snarky and I'm not getting it...
Post automatically merged:

yeah ngl I was thinking that would be the new strat too...will need a minute to wrap my head around this. I can't see any reason det wouldnt have been cced at this point, either, esp now that shawo is here.

So, I'm inclined to trust sheep more rn
Just to clarify, vote me if sheep doesn't get cc'd. I'm not proud enough to try to force a mechanically incorrect vote onto sheep for the reasons of "but it would be so cool."

If I wanted to do that, I would've claimed det and gone hail mary. I actually considered it, tbh. If I won a cc against mafia!sheep as town!shawo with a fake det claim, and died flipping vt, I would've been a hero.

Also, I don't... understand what you mean.

Are you saying that weird play would only happen if I was mafia? Because yes, that's the basis of that play. Otherwise it just feels like ur trying to be snarky and I'm not getting it...

you said its "something maf!shawo" would do.

Which is a weird scenario, but totally one maf!shawo does, to be honest, so...

i'm just saying, i think your "i'm town!!!! sheeps mafia and real det is just hiding while sheep claims their role" is incredibly stretched.

My strongest townreads are: Betsy/Random. I've not actually given my reasons for TRing either of them, but I think a couple of things stand out to me.

Random I actually think is basically 100% town. Their reads are so... so garbage. In a really towny way. I don't want to start a fight, usually, but basically what I'm trying to say is that Random's reads are SO bad, I don't think mafia could have conceivably created them.

Betsy is just a town-lean. Solid game basically exists as everything Tessa isn't. IMO, between the two of them, Betsy has actually tried to solve, Tessa has not. Pretty sure if you just ISO'd between the two of them, that could come to light.

Now tbh, my read on Tessa wasn't super strong going in. But I think Tessa should be in contention for elim from everyone. I get that everyone's townreading Tessa... but at the same time... I don't really think Tessa's done anything to be townready besides... post well? Like sure, that's fine and valid, but you're just going to get pocketed into a 3 way IF tessa is mafia.

If I had to give a 1/1 partner for sheep, it would be Tessa.

For Tae/Sidney. I think Sidney's posts come from a good place, I still dislike their posts, but I think generally there's a town-solvey tendency that tends to come across from Sidney's posts.

imo the least town is Tae, between Sidney and Tae, because while Tae is trying their best... haha... it doesn't really come across well. The reason I'm so latched onto Tessa is because I think mafia!Tae doesn't make that absolutely awful no elim play day 1. I think. I'm like fairly certain Tae is more experienced than that. And that just... it was so... Like no offense....

So yeah, here's my slightly barbed, probably final set of reads, unless someone wants to swoop in and save me like a guardian angel.
(If you let me die on ML and die with a report I will forever curse you in spec chat.)
Post automatically merged:

So, I know I'm town. What set of reasoning do you want me to use. Haha, sheep must've been JOKING.

In these reads from shawo, everyone is varying levels of town except for tessa, shawo's only sus for wolf.

Wth. And he has random and myself lumped together as strongest tr.

This stands out to me, so...yeah I'm good with my PoE leaving me with random and tessa. Likely random first, because of the weird got it mess (yes I mentioned it again).

you said its "something maf!shawo" would do.

i'm just saying, i think your "i'm town!!!! sheeps mafia and real det is just hiding while sheep claims their role" is incredibly stretched.
Can you acknowledge that sheep must die if they're cc'd. idrc what your read on me is because I'm fairly certain det would've cc'd already up until now, so therefore they must be committed to being hidden, but feel free to call me mafia?

Can you acknowledge that sheep must die if they're cc'd. idrc what your read on me is because I'm fairly certain det would've cc'd already up until now, so therefore they must be committed to being hidden, but feel free to call me mafia?

hi mafia

In these reads from shawo, everyone is varying levels of town except for tessa, shawo's only sus for wolf.

Wth. And he has random and myself lumped together as strongest tr.

This stands out to me, so...yeah I'm good with my PoE leaving me with random and tessa. Likely random first, because of the weird got it mess (yes I mentioned it again).
Betsy. While I appreciate it, might I recommend not leaving all of your reads against the person you believe is mafia. Like, what's the gain here. If I'm mafia I'm MORE than capable of leaving fake reads just to mess with you, is the simpler solution not just to... ignore my posts?

Logic flaw here, a hiding det would go against town wincon, so it's not possible.

Back