Museum Stamp Rally event is even blander than the May Day Event

I actually quite enjoyed it, I rarely go into the museum to see things so this was a treat, plus free prizes.

I enjoyed the event a lot. Been a while since I visited the museum, so it was nice to see how much more I've donated since the start. Also these spots made me find some amazing camera angles. Like with the fossils. When I stand on the blue circle with the second stop the angle changed completely and I could see the dinosaurs from an amazing angle! I wouldn't find that haven't the stop been there. Also this is just me, but with exams being around every corner I appreciate this event to be on the smaller side, so I don't feel like I miss out on a lot because of studying.

Bruh.. is that really all there is to it?
I haven’t opened up my switch yet and I just woke up but after reading this..
Like damn that’s pretty disappointing. I wonder why..
I feel like they could just do so much more with this! Maybe they didn’t spend much time with the museum event because maaaaaybe they are planning a much bigger event in the future?
Idk, if you ask me it kinda feels rushed LOL

Ok well there was plenty of holidays in new leaf where all there was to do was go talk to Isabelle in the plaza and receive a boring item. And then you couldn’t do any of your mayoral duties and do requests for your villagers for the rest of the day so...

have to agree w this. not every event is gonna be our favorite ! with so many occurring, its a given that many will be less involved and easy. the point isnt to create undo work for the developers when they've got continuous dlc planned for the next few years.

i think we maybe ought to be a bit more patient and less expectant. great things will come ! rn they're just okay things that are still, new to gameplay. yes, i would love if every event was AMAZING but its....just_not_realistic.gif

Last edited:
Of course it can be improve upon but I do enjoy them trying to Incorporate more holiday days into it the past games. I guess I have different mentality then most with expectations on the low side when comes to holiday days.

haven’t even updated my game yet, i’ll have to judge it for myself!

In the real world, tiny events like this are just meant to call attention to things we take for granted, and are not intended to upset your routines. As a game that is meant to be lived and not just played, this felt natural and very in keeping with the spirit of Animal Crossing that I know.

I felt the same way about the May Day event. Not everything has to be novel and disruptive with a glut of unique rewards to be special.

The only part that was semi hard for me was finding the icy fish stamp because I forgot how to get to that section. Still took me like 5 minutes to do. But I’m happy to have these little details rather than not have them.

i agree, honestly. took me like 5 minutes to complete the event and the prizes aren’t all that great - here’s hoping that the wedding season event will be better. the items seem pretty cute, at least

Hello folks :)

I will state now I'm loving the game, playing each day and having a lot of fun and I've enjoyed each of the events added so far Including the one being discussed here.

That said however I do have some thoughts.
I am not trying to put words into folks mouths here, but I think many people are looking at these events in isolation.

I mean on its own is the museum event any good?
If this is all you can do in the game would it be fun? Is it worth doing?

The answer I think all can agree is no, it isn't enough or exciting enough and it's not much fun. On its own...

Same goes for the may day event, and bunny day.

All of these taken on there own are nothing really. And certainly do not scream 'long term engaging content'

However added up as a whole I argue they add a lot of value and excitement to the game.

The problem as I see it right now is that the rest of the game offers quite a limited set of activities to do... And a lot of people are itching for big new features (whether old or new) to bulk out the game and give us more to do when we play. So we are jumping on and devouring any 'new' content instantly.

Right now these events look lacking as once it's done what do you the player have left to go back to?
Fishing? Decorating? Hunt bugs? Talk non stop to your villagers hoping they give you a task or treasure hunt? Go to the 10th/50th/100th same mystery island to get resources?

The above isn't an exhaustive list of course, but as it stands the game as a whole offers limited gameplay opportunities... Especially when compared to previous games.

I am not complaining as I believe over time we will be given many new and old features to give us more to do with our online lives each day.

However this slow and steady way of adding content will create situations like this where players feel bored or let down. Especially given how the current world situation has allowed players to speed through the game due to having a lot more free time to play.

This time next year the game will be a completely different beast and have plenty to do each play session I'm sure. And at that time a small fun event like museum day will be seen as what I am sure nintendo intend it to be, a cute little distraction from the 'main' gameplay.

Anyway, sorry for the essay post! That's my 2 pennies worth :)

I'm not joking. I just completed it in like 5 minutes. There's three prizes, all of them are placques that have a striking resemblance to the ones given to you by the HHA, one for each of the three original sections of the museum: bugs, fish and fosssils. There's three stands in each of these three sections, and you just have to go to each stand and get a stamp. Get all three, talk to Blathers, get your placque, move another section. That's it.
wait this event is already out? Nintendo could we PLEASE have a decent holiday for once, Easter was the death of all good things, nature day is just nook mile activities and God knows what the wedding is. Oh and mayday was also pretty crappy

So... Japan really likes stamp rallies. They tend to be aimed at children and families with young children, but stamp rallies happen all the time. Places like zoos have stamp rallies partly as a way for kids on field trips to prove to their teacher that yes, they went to certain sections (whether they paid attention or learned anything is different, lol). Train companies will have stamp rallies to encourage rail use and tourism, where you get stamps at different train stations and will get some sort of prize. These are just some examples. If you are paying attention, you will see stamp rally stands all across Japan, for all sorts of reasons. Some of them don't even give you prizes and are just for collectors.

The reason for me telling everyone this is this sort of event in-game totally sounds very Japanese, something I am not surprised to see put in Animal Crossing. I know it's minor, and some are disappointed, but International Museum Day isn't a major event in real life either. It's just to encourage people to remember that museums exist and to go visit them. Even having a few minute stamp rally thing is way more than I would've expected for such a minor "holiday". Remember what New Leaf did for minor holidays?

Ok well there was plenty of holidays in new leaf where all there was to do was go talk to Isabelle in the plaza and receive a boring item. And then you couldn’t do any of your mayoral duties and do requests for your villagers for the rest of the day so...

This. Exactly.

Just like I said for May Day... I wish they hadn't even announced the Museum event in the direct and just let it be a little surprise.
Honestly it would have been nice if in the direct they just said "We have several small events sprinkled throughout the month of May." and just left it at that with maybe a preview image of the May Day maze (like that one spot was saw Rover) then maybe one screenshot of the museum stamp card. Not real build up to it for us to think it is actually a full blown event of sorts.

This all as got me thinking the June "wedding event" will be 'Go to harvey's island. Long dialog. Take ONE picture with ONE wedding item in the room somewhere with both Reese and Cyrus. Now you have all the wedding day item DIYs. Done." Which is very disappointing.

So... Japan really likes stamp rallies. They tend to be aimed at children and families with young children, but stamp rallies happen all the time. Places like zoos have stamp rallies partly as a way for kids on field trips to prove to their teacher that yes, they went to certain sections (whether they paid attention or learned anything is different, lol). Train companies will have stamp rallies to encourage rail use and tourism, where you get stamps at different train stations and will get some sort of prize. These are just some examples. If you are paying attention, you will see stamp rally stands all across Japan, for all sorts of reasons. Some of them don't even give you prizes and are just for collectors.

The reason for me telling everyone this is this sort of event in-game totally sounds very Japanese, something I am not surprised to see put in Animal Crossing. I know it's minor, and some are disappointed, but International Museum Day isn't a major event in real life either. It's just to encourage people to remember that museums exist and to go visit them. Even having a few minute stamp rally thing is way more than I would've expected for such a minor "holiday". Remember what New Leaf did for minor holidays?

I agree. It's a small simple gesture of honouring museums around the world.

I noticed that most players here have high expectations about these events considering that most mobile games in the market nowadays have ongoing major events that keeps them busy for days. Maybe we won't see anything like that in Animal Crossing.

Two weeks does seem long for the event, maybe we only really needed a week at the most, but I liked that it was more than just talking to Isabelle and getting an item.

I think it's a cute little event with little nuggets of information here and there. It's definitely aimed towards younger kids, but I think that's okay! Feels like a field trip to me, I'm sure kids playing Animal Crossing could use something like this right now. But it would be nice if the museum had more visitors during this event, especially if it would introduce villagers as random visitors at least in the museum. "I just had to check out the bug collection on this island!" and stuff like that, that would have been pretty cute. But we'll see if the next week changes anything.

museum day in real life is an arbitrary holiday that doesn't really mean anything, so it's the same in the game. not every special day needs a huge celebration in game to make it worth while. i think small events like this are just fine, they're obviously not meant to be anything more than a little detour from your daily routine.

Back