• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

I recently discovered that the outside catalogue website I use shows a number of DIYs when I click on the DIYs I'm missing. I'm assuming that number is the number of DIYs I need to get before the missing DIY is unlocked, but which DIYs count towards that number? Is it any DIY I get from any villager, only DIYs from villagers with that personality type, or only from a single villager? Do DIYs I find on the beach or get from shooting down a present count? Thanks in advance.

I recently discovered that the outside catalogue website I use shows a number of DIYs when I click on the DIYs I'm missing. I'm assuming that number is the number of DIYs I need to get before the missing DIY is unlocked, but which DIYs count towards that number? Is it any DIY I get from any villager, only DIYs from villagers with that personality type, or only from a single villager? Do DIYs I find on the beach or get from shooting down a present count? Thanks in advance.
Any DIYs at all, including DIYs from sources other than villagers, I believe. Some of the recipes require 200 known DIYs to unlock, according to the companion guide (v1.0, though), and with "only" 924 recipes total, it definitely couldn't be just from a single personality type or villager.

Any DIYs at all, including DIYs from sources other than villagers, I believe. Some of the recipes require 200 known DIYs to unlock, according to the companion guide (v1.0, though), and with "only" 924 recipes total, it definitely couldn't be just from a single personality type or villager.
Thanks! I'd been wondering if I'm having trouble getting missing recipes because I only have one villager each with the Sisterly and Peppy personalities, and it's a huge relief that I don't have to get 200 DIYs from those personalities in particular to unlock the missing DIYs.

I'd like to add on to one of the questions about villagers in this FAQ. When you invite a villager who has moved out back to your island, does the villager keep their friendship level, inventory, and/or house modifications (if any) like how Pokemon you traded away maintain the same friendship value when traded back? Or does it reset? If this question has already been asked then I'm sorry.

I'd like to add on to one of the questions about villagers in this FAQ. When you invite a villager who has moved out back to your island, does the villager keep their friendship level, inventory, and/or house modifications (if any) like how Pokemon you traded away maintain the same friendship value when traded back? Or does it reset? If this question has already been asked then I'm sorry.
Unfortunately, no. They'll always act like they never met you before. It's like this in New Leaf as well.

It depends on how you invite them back. If you use an Amiibo card or get them back from a mystery island they won’t remember you.
The only way a villager will remember you is if it is the same villager you moved off.
When I moved Dobie off my main island onto my second island he still remembered me when brought him back to my main island.

It depends on how you invite them back. If you use an Amiibo card or get them back from a mystery island they won’t remember you.
The only way a villager will remember you is if it is the same villager you moved off.
When I moved Dobie off my main island onto my second island he still remembered me when brought him back to my main island.
I forgot about that. Without having a second Switch or friends on NSO that can potentially obtain the villager, they'll otherwise forget everything that previously happened on your island. It's an unconventional method of bringing villagers back, and somehow the only method where villager memories remains intact.

If I ignore the earth eggs and don't dig them up, will they go away on their own? Or do I have to eventually dig them up after they stop spawning?

Can someone help me post a video I saved on my switch? I asked this question over a year ago, and I figured it out then, but have apparently had my brain washed by the men in black. Maybe someone can PM me for a test run? I really want to share a video of me failing to catch a tarantula and I triggered wasps at the same time.

Can someone help me post a video I saved on my switch? I asked this question over a year ago, and I figured it out then, but have apparently had my brain washed by the men in black. Maybe someone can PM me for a test run? I really want to share a video of me failing to catch a tarantula and I triggered wasps at the same time.

From the Nintendo support page:

"From the HOME Menu, select Album, then All Screenshots and Videos. Select a video, then select Editing and Posting, then Post. Select the user that will post the video, then choose the social media service where the video will be posted. If required, enter the login information for your social media account."

@Smilyface9 asked this question on their profile, sharing here for more people to see and potentially help:

“Hi, umm, I'm new here, and I just wanted to ask something. I've got all of the required amounts of things in the museum, I've got a 4 star rating on my island, and I've been playing animal crossing for just over two years, but I still haven't found Brewster. Is this a glitch, or did I do something wrong, because I haven't seen Blathers with a thought bubble and there's no sign of him. Anybody got any advice? Pls???”

From the Nintendo support page:

"From the HOME Menu, select Album, then All Screenshots and Videos. Select a video, then select Editing and Posting, then Post. Select the user that will post the video, then choose the social media service where the video will be posted. If required, enter the login information for your social media account."
How do I share the video without social media?

I have the campsite now and I can buy plots.
How do you get dreamie villager move in to plots that you buy?

If you find don’t have time to continue finding a dreamie via nook miles tickets the same day you place a plot is there a way to keep it from auto filling?

I have the campsite now and I can buy plots.
How do you get dreamie villager move in to plots that you buy?

If you find don’t have time to continue finding a dreamie via nook miles tickets the same day you place a plot is there a way to keep it from auto filling?
you can visit someone’s island where the villager is in boxes, and ask them to come to the empty plot on your island, and yeah the plot will autofill if you don’t find anyone the day the plot is empty, I don’t think you can stop that unless you just don’t play that day, I.e. if Rosie moved out on Tuesday, and you don’t play till Friday, the plot should still be empty and you can go villager hunting then.
Post automatically merged:

Probably a stupid question but are we supposed to trade in-game items for TBT currency? I don’t know if it’s actually allowed by Nintendo to cross-trade like that? I know trading stuff for real money isn’t allowed but what about between different games and sites etc?

One way to keep the plot empty is to keep switch time on the same day. If you don’t move forward to a new day it will stay empty.

Reactions: Doo
This is a dumb question, but when getting a new switch, does your data and items not transfer over when moving your account over to another switch? I hear about people needing help transferring items to their island. I’m in need of a new switch soon and am considering maybe the animal crossing one. I’m not sure how any of this works.

Also, to use my old switch for acnh and to trade with myself, would i need to have a separate account and another nintendo online membership or can it be the same account?

This is more of a switch question, but if anyone could answer, it’d be much appreciated.

I also have three other accounts (for my alts on acnh to store items). Is it hard to transfer them over with my main account?

This is a dumb question, but when getting a new switch, does your data and items not transfer over when moving your account over to another switch? I hear about people needing help transferring items to their island. I’m in need of a new switch soon and am considering maybe the animal crossing one. I’m not sure how any of this works.

Also, to use my old switch for acnh and to trade with myself, would i need to have a separate account and another nintendo online membership or can it be the same account?
Things to keep in mind:
  1. It is possible to move your island over to a new Switch and keep your progress. This can’t be done through normal means, however. You’ll need an online connection and an app from the eShop that’s called something like “Island Transfer Tool” or similar. You’ll need this app on both Switches under the same NSO account.
  2. After carefully reading and successfully following the prompts, a copy of the island is made to the new Switch. At this point, you can delete both transfer tool apps.
  3. You can delete the island off the old Switch and make a new one. It will not lose your progress on the new Switch. Islands are tied to Switches, not Nintendo accounts. Despite this, you’ll need to use a different account separate from the main to use online features.
  4. Both Switches will run fine when swapping with a physical copy of the game. In both Digital and Physical scenarios, you’ll need to purchase the game again to “trade with yourself”.

Things to keep in mind:
  1. It is possible to move your island over to a new Switch and keep your progress. This can’t be done through normal means, however. You’ll need an online connection and an app from the eShop that’s called something like “Island Transfer Tool” or similar. You’ll need this app on both Switches under the same NSO account.
  2. After carefully reading and successfully following the prompts, a copy of the island is made to the new Switch. At this point, you can delete both transfer tool apps.
  3. You can delete the island off the old Switch and make a new one. It will not lose your progress on the new Switch. Islands are tied to Switches, not Nintendo accounts. Despite this, you’ll need to use a different account separate from the main to use online features.
  4. Both Switches will run fine when swapping with a physical copy of the game. In both Digital and Physical scenarios, you’ll need to purchase the game again to “trade with yourself”.
thank you so much! that helps! 🙂

Update on my question from yesterday; if I decided to keep my island on my current switch, would I need a separate nintendo account to trade between the two switches? I know I’d need a second copy of the game. (Also: more of a switch question, everything else that is saved on my device I’d want to transfer over to the new switch I’d get. would it be possible to keep my acnh data on the old switch if the rest of my data and the account is moving to the new switch? same with my alt accounts who have houses on ny island. Would i need separate online subscription for them too?

sorry for all the questions. I’m not getting a new switch yet but I want to make sure i understand what I’m doing and don’t lose anything when I do this. i was thinking it’d be better for me to start over in NH and keep my old island on my switch lite Just not sure how that would work and if i’d need a separate online membership or if it could share the same account still and one just be my main switch. and if i could trade with the other island still

Back