New Wi-Fi rating feature (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a feature to report feedback, but I removed it because I think people will report every little negative feedback they get. We'll see how it works, but I think if something really need to be reported they can manually do it by PMing an admin/mod.

Okay, so do you have to only give feedback through trades/buying/selling?

Cause I've been to several peoples' towns on here since the game has come out and they've been joyful experiences, so can I give a Wifi Rating for that?

Great idea. Just used it. Had the same error mentioned before pertaining to the Invalid URL message - other than that, pretty cool!

Okay, so do you have to only give feedback through trades/buying/selling?

Cause I've been to several peoples' towns on here since the game has come out and they've been joyful experiences, so can I give a Wifi Rating for that?

Go for it.

I think it's good that your name is on it, now that I'm using it. I also like that you get an alert that someone else has left you feedback so you can go check on it -- and get reminded to leave that person feedback if you want to.

I think it's going to be a lot like ebay, where no-one leaves anything negative, but even so, not getting feedback will keep your rating low.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So the daily limit seems awfully low to me; I think it let me leave 4 total? I was hoping to catch up on just the past few days of trades. Would it be possible to raise the limit while we all catch up on recent trades?

It's 5 (changed it from 3), but that's until you get 2 ratings yourself. Then it will let you give more to others.

Great idea. Just used it. Had the same error mentioned before pertaining to the Invalid URL message - other than that, pretty cool!

I made a change that should let the URLs go through.

There was a feature to report feedback, but I removed it because I think people will report every little negative feedback they get. We'll see how it works, but I think if something really need to be reported they can manually do it by PMing an admin/mod.

I think you're right. Reporting anything really offensive/bad to a mod makes sense to me. Otherwise it would totally be abused.

nvm, posted at the same time - thanks!

I just hosted a session for a member who wanted to buy turnips. We both used the wifi rating feature :D
I think it's actually really useful :eek:

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it feels really good to give users positive feedback. I really want them to come online and see it. C:

It sends a PM to the other person, so don't worry :)
It does feel good! Especially when the other person gives feedback as well.

How do I get it to show my rating on the left below my shop items? Seen others with it there.

How do I get it to show my rating on the left below my shop items? Seen others with it there.

You may have seen "Wi-Fi Rating" under your names in The Train Station and Re-Tail boards. Go to someone's profile and click the Wi-Fi Feedback tab. This is our new feature for leaving positive or negative ratings when you play Animal Crossing online with someone. This way, if, for example, someone is known to steal items, it will be documented for all to see in their ratings. So we will see how this works and if it works well we will keep it.

This.

Last edited:
This is awesome <3 ! Looking forward to using it ^^ Should we also note prior transactions, or those from this point on? Or either?

This is awesome <3 ! Looking forward to using it ^^ Should we also note prior transactions, or those from this point on? Or either?

From this point on I'd say, but if you want to go ahead.

I think if you have dealt with someone who was really nice, it'd be good to rate them now, as if you could have at the time, you probably would of (That's how I've rated people so far =] )

I was actually talking to a friend on here about how great it'd be to have a feature like this on this site, then noticed today that there was on added recently! Thanks for putting this feature in, I'm sure it will be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back