• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Perfect Painting, is it really rare?

darlenevile

Bells
I've been playing off and on since 2013, and have completed all sections of my museum, except for the art gallery. I can't seem to get the 'Perfect Painting' to show up at Redd's. Is it extremely rare or am I having consistent bad luck? Even after resetting over and over in a way that reshuffles the selection each time, I've never had it show up, after all these years of playing. Is this a problem anyone else has with this piece of art, or any other piece?

That painting is one of the more common ones for me, more so since it's always genuine.
It's seeming like bad luck.

I haven't had much issue with the Perfect Painting. Perhaps it's just really unlucky RNG? Personally I have never seen a genuine Motherly Statue, even though I have been playing since 2013.

Just to let you know, you could most likely buy a Perfect Painting from one of the users on here. If you have no problems with obtaining art from other people, it could be an easy way to finally finish your museum.

I haven't had much issue with the Perfect Painting. Perhaps it's just really unlucky RNG? Personally I have never seen a genuine Motherly Statue, even though I have been playing since 2013.

Just to let you know, you could most likely buy a Perfect Painting from one of the users on here. If you have no problems with obtaining art from other people, it could be an easy way to finally finish your museum.
I think I have a spare motherly statue on my alt if you want it. The only other spare art I might have is a famous and graceful painting.

I didn't have any issues getting the Perfect Painting, but I've been playing for over a year now and still haven't seen a legitimate Moving Painting. I know I could buy one from another user, but I've been hoping I wouldn't have to resort to that.

So I guess some people just have that one piece of artwork they struggle to find.

I think it's pure rng luck. though I do remember some art stuff taking forever for me to find, so the game might be coded to specifically give less of a chance of certain art for towns

similar to the old a b c groupings item selection of nook stores in older games

Last edited:
I was in the same situation until I bought it from someone here (I definitely would recommend buying it on here if your game refuses to make it available to you)! lol I think this goes back to the idea that each town has access to a certain Item Set (a configuration each town gets that determines which items are common in your town and which ones are very rare) if I remember correctly (can someone please confirm?) which means you and I share the same Item Set most likely. ;) Hope this helps answer your question! :)

I was in the same situation until I bought it from someone here (I definitely would recommend buying it on here if your game refuses to make it available to you)! lol I think this goes back to the idea that each town has access to a certain Item Set (a configuration each town gets that determines which items are common in your town and which ones are very rare) if I remember correctly (can someone please confirm?) which means you and I share the same Item Set most likely. ;) Hope this helps answer your question! :)

I know different towns have different sets of items (3 I believe), but I don't know whether that extends to Redd's shop. Seems like it could be the case, considering all our similar experiences.

I know different towns have different sets of items (3 I believe), but I don't know whether that extends to Redd's shop. Seems like it could be the case, considering all our similar experiences.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if the Item Set/Grouping also affects Redd's, Museum Shop, and Town Islands.

I will be on the lookout in my storage for an extra perfect painting! I?ll let you know if I find one and report back here.

For myself it was a REAL motherly statue. Wow the horrible despair when I?d walk into Redd?s tent - and another fake.

Too many times to count. Happened with two fakes back to back, week after week.

Thank you to a kind philanthropist here at TBT who kindly donated a genuine statue 2 years ago!

Back