• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us at 7PM EDT for a super special secret staff stream! Don't h8, spect8! ~~Streaming now~~

Pokemon General(Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to finish EV training my Chespin up, I don't know what to use the extra EV's in though...
I'm buffing the lil guy up in Attack and Sp. Def btw

Maybe just spread the leftovers out?

@The above poster: Cut is found in the back of Parfum Palace in the gardens

My completed main and post game Pokemon X run:

Greninja (Froggie) level 70
Goodra level 70
Florges (Flower) level 70
Aegislash (Sword) level 70
Hawlucha (Bird) level 70
Venusaur level 60

Update on my Pokemon Y Ash Ketchum run:

Just got into Snowbelle city after beating up all my rivals. About to head into the winding woods, and then get my final gym badge:

Pikachu (With Eviolite) level 58
(Mega Y) Charizard level 55
Butterfree level 55
Pidgeot level 55
Snorlax level 55
Lapras level 55

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me where I can use the Poke Radar?
I'm in tall grass and for some reason it is not allowing me to get rid of skates.
I want to try to use it, but it won't let me.. What should I do?

Can somebody tell me where I can use the Poke Radar?
I'm in tall grass and for some reason it is not allowing me to get rid of skates.
I want to try to use it, but it won't let me.. What should I do?

To get off your skates, press the d-pad (the + button) to walk normally.

I was doing that and it still was telling me I couldn't using it, or was it using it on the wrong grass?

Also, can someone tell me how to breed between to pokemons?
I realized that my Gothitelle is not good enough has it level 61 and has no good moves and can't learn anymore.
I figured to get a Gothita and train it from there and have a new beginning, and then probably release my current Gothitelle.

I was doing that and it still was telling me I couldn't using it, or was it using it on the wrong grass?

I realized that my Gothitelle is not good enough has it level 61 and has no good moves and can't learn anymore.
I figured to get a Gothita and train it from there and have a new beginning, and then probably release my current Gothitelle.

Radar doesn't work in tall tall grass, only regular grass.

Gothitelle can learn plenty, you probably overlevelled it and missed a few. Try the move relearner in Dedemille (sp?) town just to see. It can learn a lot of useful TMs too, just be sure before you restart.

Best way is to breed it by putting it and a ditto in the daycare.

Also see: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gothitelle#By_leveling_up

Last edited:

I don't know if it works on the really tall grass you find on route 6 and 16. That's the only thing I can think of. You can breed your gothitelle with a ditto to get a gothita. Then you could ev train it to make it stronger.

My completed main and post game Pokemon X run:

Greninja (Froggie) level 70
Goodra level 70
Florges (Flower) level 70
Aegislash (Sword) level 70
Hawlucha (Bird) level 70
Venusaur level 60

Update on my Pokemon Y Ash Ketchum run:

Just beat the final gym. Going to head to the Pokemon League now:

Pikachu (With Eviolite) level 60
(Mega Y) Charizard level 56
Butterfree level 56
Pidgeot level 56
Snorlax level 56
Lapras level 56

I had her relearn a move, and want to do it again for her.
Where can I find Heart Scales as I already used one.

Teach a Pokemon Thief, go fishing in Route 8 with Old Rod. You'll find Luvdisc exclusively. There's a decent chance that they're holding a Heart Scale. To improve your chances, you can lead with a Pokemon that has the Compoundeyes ability, it increases the chances of a Pokemon having a hold item. A Pokemon with the ability Frisk is also useful as it tells you if there's an item.

I decided to add Roserade to my team, since I had such good luck with it in Pokemon Diamond. It can also learn Fairy-type moves now, so that's a plus.

I went to Route 4 and caught a female Budew, but not before encountering... Moltres? What are the Kanto Legendary Birds doing in Kalos? It flew away even before a battle started. So I have no clue how I'm expected to catch it.

Anyways, I chose to nickname the Budew "Jos?phine" after Jos?phine de Beauharnais, Empress of France. She was known as the Patroness of Roses. She became obsessed with them when she hired a botanist for her chateau's garden and he planted roses. Soon, she began collecting and breeding all kinds of new species for her collection, even ordering her husband Napoleon's troops to search seized vessels for roses and other plants and retrieve them for her.

I went to Route 4 and caught a female Budew, but not before encountering... Moltres? What are the Kanto Legendary Birds doing in Kalos? It flew away even before a battle started. So I have no clue how I'm expected to catch it.

You have to encounter it 10 times, before it flies to the cave in Azure Bay where you can battle and catch it.

I decided to add Roserade to my team, since I had such good luck with it in Pokemon Diamond. It can also learn Fairy-type moves now, so that's a plus.

Anyways, I chose to nickname the Budew "Jos?phine" after Jos?phine de Beauharnais, Empress of France. She was known as the Patroness of Roses. She became obsessed with them when she hired a botanist for her chateau's garden and he planted roses. Soon, she began collecting and breeding all kinds of new species for her collection, even ordering her husband Napoleon's troops to search seized vessels for roses and other plants and retrieve them for her.

You encounter them once after the main game, and then they fly away. You can use the pokedex and click on their image once you encounter them to track them. If you walk/run and don't fly or anything of the sort, after encountering them 12 times, you're able to catch it in sea spirit den.

You can also catch Zygarde in Terminus Cave's deepest level in post-game.

You can also catch Mewtwo Y or X in Unknown Dungeon in Pokemon Village.

You can also explore Kiloude City from the train station in Lumiose City in post game.

You can also do the Looker missions in Lumiose City in post game.

EDIT: Karla, it's 12. I tested it on both my games and it took 12 times, and Serebii says it's 12

Last edited:
Thanks you two. I've already explored Kiloude and I'm going to hold off before catching the post-game legendaries, I don't have any use for them at the moment.

I guess I'll go search Lumiose for Looker.

Thanks you two. I've already explored Kiloude and I'm going to hold off before catching the post-game legendaries, I don't have any use for them at the moment.

I guess I'll go search Lumiose for Looker.

I forgot to mention first you have to talk to Professor Sycamore in Anistar City (I think) about mega evolution stones. Then, when you walk into Lumiose City from the northern gate you'll get a holo clip.

Here's a guide to the Looker missions:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/looker.shtml

Also, just because I'm obsessed with the character, here's the history of Looker (For anyone interested):

Looker first appeared in both the show and games in generation four.
In generation four the player encounters him numerous times throughout their journey. Eventually, after Team Galactic is defeated, Team Looker focuses on Charon, the scientist who takes control of the team. He finally ends up arresting Charon at Stark Mountain with the player's help.
In generation five, Looker also makes appearances, and eventually, in post-game, focuses on the rest of the sages, which he enlists the player's help to track down. Giallo is found in route 14, Rood is found in route 18, Gorm is found in the dreamyard, Ryoku is found in the relic castle, zinzolin is found in the cold storage, and bronius is found in chargestone cave.
In generation six Looker doesn't appear until post-game, after Team Flare has been defeated. Looker focuses on Xerosic, the head scientist who has taken control of Team Flare, and enlists the player's help in certain missions, eventually leading up to the arrest of Xerosic. During the missions the player and Looker also befriend Emma and Mimi (An Espurr) who become the head of Looker's base in Lumiose City when he leaves in the end. It is also found out that Malva, one of the E4, has ties to Team Flare. Looker says he is sorry he has to go, and he has to travel to a new region to investigate something, indicating there's a chance he will appear in the seventh generation.

Last edited:
My mom gave me another copy of Pokemon X for my birthday, so I'll be dedicating it to... I actually don't know.
try a wonderlocke! same as a nuzlocke, except you wonder trade the pokemon you catch and use whatever you get back as your pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back