Eligible Ponkan Residents' Journal🍊 (New Year, New Horizons!)

Island/Town Name
Ponkan
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Orange
Native Flower
Windflowers

zarf

arf
Bells
Arcade Tokens
banner.jpg

Entries in this journal are for the New Year, New Horizons blogging event. This is a continuation of my main journal which can be found here!

Island Map

newmap.jpg

Last updated on 17th January 2023

Current Residents

newresidents.jpg

Margie, Reneigh, Rory, Ike, Tutu, Teddy, Pierce, Kyle, Zarf, Purrl & Jeremiah!

Last edited:
Day 1: Rory

IMG_20230203_154507.jpg

Rory: I bumped into Zarf in town today!! It's been ages since we last talked. Apparently the guy's been off exploring all sorts of places beyond our island. Paldea? Splatlands?? Sounds wild! But in the end it's always nice to return home eh Zarf? It's alright, you can just say you missed me!

20230204_010600.jpg

20230203_232446.jpg

Rory: Speaking of home... I just got mine remodeled. Zarf told me it's part of a happy home gel lunch? Or something?? Can't remember! Anyway check out how rad my place looks now, rawr!!

20230204_010603.jpg

For the next 10 days I'll be designing homes/vacation homes for all 10 of my villagers. The challenge part comes from the fact that I'm limiting myself to half an hour for each home. I gotta make sure I'll have enough time before this event ends!

Day 2: Jeremiah

jeremiahbefore.jpg

jeremiahafter.jpg

Zarf: Jeremiah is a quirky little guy who loves bugs, so I decided to give him a home where he'd be happy living with his bug buddies! Lots & lots of blue since that's his favorite color. I also made sure to use low tables so he wouldn't have trouble using them.

bugs1.jpg

Kero kero kero kero. (Zarf wants me to contribute and get this post to 100 words, so I'll introduce some of my friends here.)

bugs2.jpg

Kero kero! (This is Jeremiah Junior, he likes rainy days just like me!)

bugs3.jpg

Kero kero kero. (This is the chip family. I call them that because they moved in here after I dropped a bag of chips.)

bugs4.jpg

Kero kero. (And finally, this is lamp. He becomes my nightlight when I go to bed.)

Day 3: Kyle

kyle1.jpg

Kyle: So I was at The Roost like usual, sipping on hot coffee, thinking about what my next song should be about. Then Zarf stopped by. He told us about his Happy-Home Challenge and I was like... wait. He's looking for a home to remodel. I have a home in need of remodelling! Could this be... fate??

kyle2.jpg

kyle3.jpg

Kyle: I had a long list of demands and Zarf didn't meet most of them.. hmm... I guess I'll forgive him for now. 30 minutes isn't a lot of time to work with after all. What's important is that I've got a place to work on my music, a corner to chill in, and... an actual bed!? My days of sleeping on cardboard are over!!

kyle4.jpg

There wasn't enough space on the floor for all of Kyle's instruments, so I hung these little instruments on the wall instead!

Day 4: Purrl

purrl1.jpg

Zarf: Today is Purrl's turn! One of the oldest wisest & most sensible residents on this island. She's also a master angler with years of experience under her belt. I had to make sure her home reflects both her cat-like nature & love for old-fashioned things. A gold fish trophy is displayed in the back to show Purrl's fishing expertise. Unfortunately there's no before photo of her home cus I forgot to take one... oops.

purrl2.jpg

I just remembered polishing effects exist today. Thought this was a fitting use.

purrl3.jpg

Purrl in her winter clothes. She looks so cute with her ears tucked into her hat!

Day 5: Margie

margie1.jpg

margie2.jpg

Margie: Winter isn't my favorite season... sure the flowers on this island might be hardy but I can't say I'm a fan of the snow coating everything. There's still a few weeks to go before spring arrives. So when Zarf offered to give me a home to do my gardening, I simply couldn't refuse! I just love all the greenery in here. The air smells lovely too, tootie!

margie4.jpg

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

margie5.jpg

A special cherry pie I had gifted Margie for her birthday. Had to make sure she keeps it in her remodeled home!

Last edited:
Day 6: Reneigh

reneigh1.jpg

reneigh2.jpg

Zarf: I can't believe we're more than halfway done already! Today is Reneigh's turn. She and I go a long way back, we've actually been neigh-bors since Ponkan was first founded. She did move out once but I missed her so much that I asked her to come back... lol. I tried to make sure her remodeled home matches the vibes of her old place. Reneigh also mentioned that one of her New Year resolutions is to be a better cook, so I gave her a kitchen corner. I hope she lets me try some of her cooking soon!

reneigh3.jpg

reneigh4.jpg

Photos from when we first met... 3 years ago!

Day 7: Pierce

pierce1.jpg

Zarf:
The remaining 4 residents (Pierce, Ike, Tutu, Teddy) all have their own perfect homes on Ponkan, so starting today I'll be switching over to vacation homes. First up is Pierce. He's got a tall order, a place called "His Majesty's Royal Gym"... what is a royal gym supposed to look like anyway?

pierce2.jpg

pierce3.jpg

Zarf: It's easier to design vacation homes since there's a list of suggested furniture given... but it's also harder because I gotta decorate the outside too! If I didn't have a time limit I'd probably spend forever on these!! All I know is that "His Majesty" deserves a throne, so I gave Pierce a throne room surrounded by workout equipment. I might revisit this home in the future and add a 2nd floor. This place could use a locker room... or maybe a sauna.

pierce4.jpg

Those huge wings really pack a punch...

Day 8: Ike

ike1.jpg

Ike: MOST BEARS THINK OF WINTER AS THE SEASON OF HIBERNATION... BUT I ACTUALLY FIND THE COLD TO BE RATHER COMFORTING. SORTA REMINDS ME OF THIS ICE-CREAM SHOP I USED TO FREQUENT AS A WEE CUB.... I'D ALWAYS GET THE CHOCOLATE POPSICLE.... MAYBE EVEN THE COOL MINT CHOCOLATE CUP IF I'M FEELING FANCY THAT DAY....

ike2.jpg

ike3.jpg

Ike: I MAKE ONE MENTION OF MY CHILDHOOD AND NOW HERE I AM... SITTING IN MY VERY OWN RETRO ICE-CREAM SHOP.... I SUPPOSE I SHOULD BE THANKFUL TO ZARF. NOW.... DO I SELL OR KEEP THESE ALL FOR MYSELF....? DECISIONS, DECISIONS.....

ike4.jpg

Please please please give me anything other than a food ticket

Day 9: Tutu

tutu1.jpg

Tutu: So... I heard that old man Ike opened an ice-cream shop. Y'know, I've always wanted to have my own chill place too! I'm a polar bear! So I'll need a cold getaway for when summer comes to our island. Thankfully Ike let me set up my own shop on the 2nd floor!!<3

Ike: I NEVER AGREED TO THIS

tutu2.jpg

tutu3.jpg

Tutu: Welcome to Tutu's shaved ice paradise!! We've got tons of cool treats that will send shivers down your spine (in a good way)! I asked Zarf to give the outside of the store a little makeover too. Gotta have flowers and pretty lights to attract customers of course!!<3

Ike: TUTU SAYS I GET A LIFETIME DISCOUNT... 25% OFF ON ANY PURCHASE.... I'M PACIFIED.

tutu4.jpg

The ice-cream here sparkles.. just the way Tutu likes!

Day 10: Teddy

teddy1.jpg

teddy2.jpg

Zarf: Today is the final home. I honestly never thought we would make it this far but... here we are! Teddy wants a place where it feels like he's always on the move. Kind of a strange request. Maybe it's his way of telling me he wants to move out of the island...? Haha... ha...

Teddy: Haven't you heard? Lifting boxes all day is the latest & greatest workout routine, grooff!!

teddy3.jpg

I usually never play during the winter months, which is why I decided to work on interiors for my journal. It was really fun working on all these homes! The 30-minute limit actually made it more fun, it takes off the pressure of wanting everything to be 'perfect'. I look forward to spring, maybe I'll continue working on my main journal again!

Back