• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

rugs on outdoors. who likey?

PLEASE NINTENDO 🥺

I've wanted this since day one. I want to do a picnic area, but I'm short on design slots, so I can't use a custom design 😞 I really don't get why they can't be placed outside, they're furniture, not flooring.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me that we can't put rugs outside. The vinyl rug is perfect for outdoors, and we only have so much space in our houses. If you've finished decorating your house and aren't looking for a specific rug, what's the point in buying from Saharah? Plus, rugs are a great way to define space, so they would be great for all of the little parks and libraries and picnics and cafes that creative people have designed on their islands.
And, exactly, some rugs are basically MADE for the outdoors. In previous games I hated how some furniture was made for the outdoors, but we couldn't put it outside. I figured, with this game, all those concerns would be gone... but it seems Nintendo had to leave in one thing that should be able to go outside but can't 😝

But... I mean, late summer feels like perfect picnic weather. Maybe if we're REALLY lucky, the August update might include this as a little surprise? I doubt it, but you never know!
Post automatically merged:

I was just thinking this recently as well. I was so disappointed I couldn’t lay out the magic circle rug outside.

Oh, man, that could be COOL!

...Also, I totally forgot about that rug and am decorating my witch's house. Thanks for reminding me of it 😂

For future updates I hope Nintendo let's us put rugs outdoors. If we could put the rugs we have in the game outdoors it would make designing more fun and a little more unique. Saving design slots would be great.

I wish lol.

while we're doing some wishful thinking about outdoor decoration, I wish we could hang wall items on simple panels or cliffs :(

I have a macrame rug and a lace circle rug. Take up some design slots, but I think it's totally worth it! Makes for a really cozy glampsite to spread out rugs and pillows around the campfire.

I wanted to make a picnic set outdoors but... no rug no picnic blanket :[

Wow this thread made me realise you cannot put rugs outside! That's crazy, I can't believe that! It seems like such a silly thing to do. Hopefully they change this in the future!

I have SO. MANY. RUGS. that would look beautiful outside on my island! I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of trying to find a design code I like to "paint on" a fake blanket for a picnic and I could make my outdoor areas more beautiful if I could use them outside. I was incredibly disappointed when I found out you couldn't put rugs outside. I wish they would fix that in a future update but I figure it's highly unlikely. :(

I’d love to be able to put rugs outside as well, have so many rugs just collecting dust in my storage.

So many that would look great outside as well and make great door mats.

I just wanna put some sort of yoga mat outside Monique's house without more custom designs. And maybe a picnic blanket.

They should really make this a thing! (or give everyone more pattern slots for custom rugs since they take up so much space)

Omg the day I realised rugs couldn't go outside I was so disappointed 😭 I want loads of rugs on my beaches (I mean, picnic blankets right?) And just everywhere really. It doesn't make sense that we can't when they introduced putting furniture outside now, but missed out the rugs. Rah ☹️

Back