• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

simcity 2013 revisited

g u a v a

bonk fruit
Bells
Island
carambola
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Golden Watering Can
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Toy Hammer
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Balloon
so after the not-so-great release of cities skylines 2 i was tempted to revisit simcity and i've played a few regions through to max expansion. it's actually really fun and holds up well! it's not as detailed or complex as cities skylines but i still like the process of building out.

have you played/replayed it since launch? what do you think?

I unironically play this game regularly, it just keeps me coming back !! I really enjoy the activity of building up the many towns in a region and bouncing between each one.

I own Cities Skyline too, so if I really wanted to play something better I could, and sometimes I do. I like that you can be a perfectionist in that game (being able to edit each individual street name comes to mind) but Sim City 2013 serves a different purpose to me. It's nice to play with the more basic mechanics because it makes me think outside the box... theres just nothing like aggressively building up a town and then not building a university and then building a powerplant so all your high-school diploma sim residents have to try and not destroy the entire town. Just kidding... mostly.

I do struggle to make sufficient funds in SimCity 2013 which is often annoying but I am also often impatient so maybe I am the problem c:

Apparently I've been living under a rock. A sequel to Cities: Skylines came out? What's not good about it?

I unironically play this game regularly, it just keeps me coming back !! I really enjoy the activity of building up the many towns in a region and bouncing between each one.

I own Cities Skyline too, so if I really wanted to play something better I could, and sometimes I do. I like that you can be a perfectionist in that game (being able to edit each individual street name comes to mind) but Sim City 2013 serves a different purpose to me. It's nice to play with the more basic mechanics because it makes me think outside the box... theres just nothing like aggressively building up a town and then not building a university and then building a powerplant so all your high-school diploma sim residents have to try and not destroy the entire town. Just kidding... mostly.

I do struggle to make sufficient funds in SimCity 2013 which is often annoying but I am also often impatient so maybe I am the problem c:
so true! i think simcity is a fun quick city builder that you can play for a few hours or play more long term and expand into a full region. i've yet to do any of the real end-game stuff like the arcology but from what i remember those investments are just not worth it. currently i have a tourism city with a nuclear reactor right next to the core tourism area, nothing bad could ever happen with that right??

i've also struggled with making enough capital in my cities so i'm always defaulting to trading raw materials at first and then getting into more specialized trading like computer mechanisms. oh and definitely unlock the finance expansion for the town hall so you can get 100k loans.
Post automatically merged:

Apparently I've been living under a rock. A sequel to Cities: Skylines came out? What's not good about it?
it came out maybe last fall iirc? since launch it's just been plagued with performance issues on some of the new improvements they introduced. most people don't think it's worth playing but you should check out reviews/videos to see for yourself.

it's kinda funny to me to see how badly city skylines 2 fumbled ngl. they had a great game on their hands and then they threw it all away. talk about being stupid honestly. i have no idea what they were thinking.

i know that simcity 2013 was a total disaster at launch but i actually do think it's a very charming game. the actual game itself is fine. i think the graphics and gameplay still holds up well. i do play it more casually and more sandbox-y so i can't really comment on anything too in depth haha. while i do appreciate how complex cities skylines is, i do sometimes just want something a bit simpler that can still get the job done and i think simcity 2013 does just that.

Back