• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia TBT Newbie Mini Mafia (Game Over)

If my timezone conflicts with the time the game starts (eg. It's 5:00 am in my timezone when the game starts) will it be alright to check in, go to sleep and check what is going on in the game when I wake up?

Last edited:
Kildor, you'll be fine. The days and nights should definitely be long enough for you to participate.

If my timezone conflicts with the time the game starts (eg. It's 5:00 am in my timezone when the game starts) will it be alright to check in, go to sleep and check what is going on in the game when I wake up?
Yes, each phase will last at least 24 hours, so everyone should be able to get on and do some reading and posting no matter what their timezone is.

I'll never understand this Mafia thing.. </3
well, I'll be a maid
I can't tell if you're signing up or not.

I'm gonna have to read the OP 3 times before I get the idea
but yeah I'll just be a maid

- - - Post Merge - - -

so basically you vote who dies, and kill them?
From my understanding, you are PMed a certain role at the start of the game. Each role has a perk (except for some, which can only vote)
Players are divided into two groups. Townies and Mafia. For Townies to win the game, they must vote to kill playera who they think works for the Mafia, before the Mafia kills all of the Townies. None of the Townies know which players are the Mafia, so reasoning and evidence is what you need to prove that this player does work for the Mafia.
So basically Mafia wins by killing Townies, Townies win by killing Mafia. I could be wrong about this, because I am a first time player. Make sure to read the first post thoroughly, or ask questions from coaches. That's what I'll be doing haha.

From my understanding, you are PMed a certain role at the start of the game. Each role has a perk (except for some, which can only vote)
Players are divided into two groups. Townies and Mafia. For Townies to win the game, they must vote to kill playera who they think works for the Mafia, before the Mafia kills all of the Townies. None of the Townies know which players are the Mafia, so reasoning and evidence is what you need to prove that this player does work for the Mafia.
So basically Mafia wins by killing Townies, Townies win by killing Mafia. I could be wrong about this, because I am a first time player. Make sure to read the first post thoroughly, or ask questions from coaches. That's what I'll be doing haha.

OOWH cool I get it~~
its sorta like a spy game..

Scum or Scummy: Mafia or acting like Mafia.
DT: Detective or Cop, a town role that allows you to inspect another player's role during the Night
Vet: Veteran, a town role that allows you to take two hits during the Night
Vig: Vigilante, or a town role that allows you to kill another player during the Night
PM: Private Message, either on the forum or on the IRC
Role Claim: Revealing your in-game role to another player, unless it's iLoveYou in which case don't do it.
Fake Claim: Lying about your in-game role to another player.
NL: No Lynch, or voting to lynch no player in a day.
Flip: What someone will or claims they will be revealed as. (example: You'll see when I flip Town)
Green: A regular town player with no powers, referred to by the colours of roles.
Blue: A town player with a power ability (the Detective for example), referred to by the colours of roles.
Red: A mafia player, referred to by the colours of roles.
Bandwagoning: Jumping on other another player (usually by voting) because other players are without offering much of your own reasoning, if any.

There's also these vocabulary stuff you may want to check out guys! :blush:

Actually, I'd like to play if possible! I wanna play with Kildor and staticistic :0

Last edited:
I'd like to play please :)
I've never played before so I'd really, really like to have a coach xD

Ah yeah! Hanzy! I'm definitely looking forward to this game. I literally just now noticed the twitch plays theme and I'm dying. It's too great....

Last edited:
So that means I have to coach Farobi and Kildor? well depends with the host if I cant then I understand.

Back