The ACNH Rant Thread

I wish the villagers were actually a little grumpier and less complicit or predictable. Just once, I would like to try moving a villager’s home and hear a cranky villager say “No! You ain’t movin’ my dang home!” And then I have the go bake them a cake or something and convince them to change their mind. I miss the spunkier versions of villagers from older games, made them more memorable for sure.

The worst part of the balloon grind for me is the fact that it's the only way to get the Christmas tree (and other decorations) for the holiday season. The RNG can be so bad that by the end of December you still might not have found the items you want despite wasting so much time chasing balloons.
Literally this. The first year I was so upset (probably more to do with the lockdown isolate than the game but still) because I couldn’t find a Christmas tree to decorate my house with before Christmas. It’s a tradition I’ve done in AC since I first start playing WW as a little kid. And even now, even tho I don’t play NL or WW often at all, I also pop on at Christmas and New Year to celebrate with my villagers. I spent hours and hours grinding balloons and finally gave up and just have that Christmas without a tree. But I was so sad. Thankfully I was able to find one last year and continue my tradition.

I'm kinda bummed that your starting villagers can only be a Jock and an Uchi. Kind of a strange combo imo. Why couldn't it be any of the other personalities?
OMG YESSS! It would give new players so much more variety. Introducing new villagers to ppl just joining the game.
Plus, there are only so many sisterly and jock villagers!
Post automatically merged:

Not a fan of how I can't put the flowers or trees that I dug up in storage.
"You can't use this item right now." SHUT UP MY STORAGE IS HUGEEE 💘

Or you know, fixed the rng.
Newbie here! Sorry to bother you! Um but um what does rng stand for?

Last edited:
OMG YESSS! It would give new players so much more variety. Introducing new villagers to ppl just joining the game.
Plus, there are only so many sisterly and jock villagers!

"You can't use this item right now." SHUT UP MY STORAGE IS HUGEEE 💘

Newbie here! Sorry to bother you! Um but um what does rng stand for?
RNG stands for "Random Number Generator"

Kind of disappointed in the lack of exterior upgrades for the houses. NL went hard with them where you had fancy, fairy-tale/whimsical, and downtrodden. There's not much variety with the NH ones.

Kind of disappointed in the lack of exterior upgrades for the houses. NL went hard with them where you had fancy, fairy-tale/whimsical, and downtrodden. There's not much variety with the NH ones.
agreed! i feel like nintendo tried to make the exterior options in new horizons look more traditional or realistic or whatever, but they’re honestly kind of boring. not to mention annoying because pretty much all the colours are different shades, so it takes forever (at least for me 🥴) to come up with a design that looks good and actually goes together. why couldn’t they just offer the same shades for each component instead of having one shade of blue only available for roofs, one shade of orange only available for exteriors, etc.

plus, like you said, they definitely pale in comparison to new leaf’s options, and at least they actually went together. the mermaid and sweets exteriors were so cute. 😔

It really still bothers me how Nooks Cranny still hasn't gotten another upgrade. The last time it gotten an upgrade was way back in 2020 back when the game was still out. 2 years later and there hasn't been 3rd upgrade to Nook's Cranny and with all the items added since the 2.0 update it makes it hard to even get the items you want even if you don't have the DLC.

Yea I really don’t like most of the exteriors. I know they gave more options but I like the New leaf ones better. Some of the roof, door and house colors are slightly off color and I find matching them to be difficult.

agreed! i feel like nintendo tried to make the exterior options in new horizons look more traditional or realistic or whatever, but they’re honestly kind of boring. not to mention annoying because pretty much all the colours are different shades, so it takes forever (at least for me 🥴) to come up with a design that looks good and actually goes together. why couldn’t they just offer the same shades for each component instead of having one shade of blue only available for roofs, one shade of orange only available for exteriors, etc.

plus, like you said, they definitely pale in comparison to new leaf’s options, and at least they actually went together. the mermaid and sweets exteriors were so cute. 😔
I think this is what hurts New Horizon for me. They tried so hard to make the game feel modern and took away what made it so charming. The furniture, homes, and everything lack any charming appeal. Modern is fine, but it's not what AC is supposed to be. You're in a world with walking talking anthropomorphic animals. Why would you do that and then throw them in a realistic house?

I still play the game and am really trying to work around some of its restrictions. There is more furniture from the 2.0 update, but it's all still 'realistic' and the rooms are smaller so I have to accommodate for that now that I am designing my villager's home. I like it the game. I've enjoyed it for what it is but am disappointed in what it should've been.

Villagers, I don't talk to them hardly. They have such weird dialogue sometimes. It's set up as if there is more to say, but the conversation is cut short. Uchi will say 'hey what are you up to for the next 8 hours lol jk kthxbai.' Peppy comments that they're lonely cause they played hide and seek by themselves, and all of the villager's will ask what seems to be a follow up answer/question, but is cut short. What should I eat today, should I do this or that, ect.

I know we all sound like a broken record with these comments, but how can a AAA game have less content and QoL features than small indie games? Even that one weird rip-off game Hokko Life? (I know the designs and character's looked weird) but they were showing amazing ideas and features in 2020 that made NH look like it was stuck in the 90s. There was no restrictive grid placement for homes/outside. You could place furniture diagonally/caddycorner ect. At a certain point we have to stop and think 'yeah they weren't really putting their all into it' and they weren't.

Like check this trailer out.
(The designs are a bit weird, but the QoL compared to NH is what they should've aimed for instead of coasting on the pandemic and their name as a AAA company. Keep doing that Nintendo and you'll find yourself needing to regain people's trust.

It still bothers me that we can’t change the colors of wallpaper. I really want to make a purple bedroom but I don’t like any of the wallpaper for it. I know we can use patterns but they just don’t look right. The pink crown wall would be perfect if it came in purple.

Setting up stereos throughout town was not at all what I thought it would be. I hid them among the trees and placed songs on them to go with the theme of the erea. I can barely hear them. I put like 3 very close to each other and still nothing. I thought the stereos would overpower the game music but that’s not the case.

Its annoying whenever you restart your island or transfer your character over to a new island you have to hear the same tutorials you heard over 100 times. I really wish this game would've give the option to skip or turn off tutorials.

Am I the only one who still dislikes the hourly music? I haven't found any song likeable.
Most of it is not good. I mean the 12 PM music is pretty good but all the others are just not that good. I find myself using the 1 AM Music from New Leaf whenever I play this game.

i hate how the game makes everything convenient, like what i mean is how there’s now a drop off box in front of nooks cranny in case you wanted to sell something after it closes or how you are allowed to chose plots for your villagers. i especially have a love hate relationship with picking plots because i miss how spontaneous older titles could be.

Most of it is not good. I mean the 12 PM music is pretty good but all the others are just not that good. I find myself using the 1 AM Music from New Leaf whenever I play this game.
I ADORE the 1am music from NL!! Such a relaxing and peaceful song. I really wish you could play older songs in game to replace the new ones.
There are definitely songs in the older games that I didn't like but in NH it's all of them. I have yet to find one that 'slaps' for me. I figured I was just being picky or being blinded by nostalgia goggles but sadly no lol.

Am I the only one who still dislikes the hourly music? I haven't found any song likeable.
I feel like I'm being over-dramatic but I've actually refused to play the game at 2pm for most of the time I've had it. I don't know why they had to make that theme so annoying and ugly-sounding! If they were going to do stuff like that then why couldn't they give us an option to either mute the music or play older games' hourly music instead. Makes me mad.

I feel like I'm being over-dramatic but I've actually refused to play the game at 2pm for most of the time I've had it. I don't know why they had to make that theme so annoying and ugly-sounding! If they were going to do stuff like that then why couldn't they give us an option to either mute the music or play older games' hourly music instead. Makes me mad.
Thats why I always play the game on mute and replace with soundtracks from other games that I find "relaxing"

I would love to have some music options. Having a mute option would be great when looking for balloons since I have a hard time locating where they are coming from. It would also just be nice to not always have the music playing. I like some of the music but not most of it. Would be nice if you could pick one song for the day instead of it changing every hour. Or if you could play a K.K. Slider song instead of the hourly music

I would love to have some music options. Having a mute option would be great when looking for balloons since I have a hard time locating where they are coming from. It would also just be nice to not always have the music playing. I like some of the music but not most of it. Would be nice if you could pick one song for the day instead of it changing every hour. Or if you could play a K.K. Slider song instead of the hourly music
Again why this game never had a "Settings" option is questionable and its funny because if you go to your phone on the Nintendo Switch Online App and select ACNH on the Nookphone there is LITERALLY a "Settings" Icon on the Nookphone thats on your smartphone yet that is nowhere in the actual game. It just blows my minds its like (to quote AVGN) WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Back