The Resetting Thread

Still haven't started my island of Rainbow. Still trying to find that map. I want a map with a centered plaza and airport, apples and a yellow or orange airport. Still looking....

Deleted my island a week ago and I instantly found the missing fun again.
Also: I suddenly see items I haven't seen yet in 200 hours of my old island which is certainly a nice surprise.

Okay I finally find my island for Rainbow.

Perfectly centered plaza and secret beach. Two good starters (Kid Cat and Reneigh) and an orange airport.

Only two things I didn't get was apples (I got cherries, which I'm happy with as long as it wasn't peaches or pears) and the airport isn't completely centered. So I am happy. I just took my time.

I restarted it my island again out of impulse last week, and now I regretted it, I miss my villagers and the progress I made. :( (And the worse part is that Ike's birthday was May 16th, so I can't wish him a happy birthday.)
The little good news is that I managed to accumulate five villagers by the end of the first week and I am hoping to reach ten villagers by the end of the third week. I am aiming for duplicates of Sisterly and Lazy villagers.

...I don't think I will reset again.

(There was also this one time when I was first playing that I forgot to play all the way to the autosave point, so I ended up losing my data, and I can't even remember my actual first starters before Rudy and Canberra.)

I'm probably going to restart Mapledove just like I did with Roseberry. I really wish you could change your name in Animal Crossing, as I wouldn't reset if that was the case. I just don't want my villagers to call me by a name I no longer feel comfortable with/want to use. It's okay though, Mapledove is a side island where I allow myself to time travel and fudge around anyway, so I don't feel that bad about it.

I reset my island about a few weeks ago and it took a while, but I finally found an island I feel comfortable with. Cherries are my native fruit, Roses are my native fruit, and then I have a Blue airport.

Now I gotta make sure not to sabotage my island with random terraforming like on my previous island. 🙈

So I've spent a lot of hours restarting for an acceptable starting layout, yellow airport, peaches and good villagers. I even got lilies, which are my favourite from the flowers my birthdate would allow! But... then there's this awkward penninsula, which is both slender and square-ish. I'm kind of tempted to reset over this, especially since I've been told my Resident Services placement could cause me troubles in the future... But then it could take me so much time to get similar results again, and idk if I'd be up to such a ride again (I think I've literally spent ~100 hours on resetting alone in the past).
I've attached screenshots of my island map and the penninsula below.

Attachments

• 346168785_948612066456509_1458075076062983513_n.jpg
    346168785_948612066456509_1458075076062983513_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 349059159_241279995177946_7140283996650247946_n.jpg
    349059159_241279995177946_7140283996650247946_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 26
I'm also going to reset my island. It's been five seconds since I last reset but I want to challenge myself and complete at least the bugs, fish and deep sea creatures parts of the museum as fast as I can. I love getting bamboozled by Redd though, so I won't speedrun paintings and statues. c': I've been playing since 2021 and if I wasn't such a chronic resetter I would have completed it by now, so I don't feel that bad doing it this way.

I have no idea what theme I want for the island though, oof.

I'm also going to reset my island. It's been five seconds since I last reset but I want to challenge myself and complete at least the bugs, fish and deep sea creatures parts of the museum as fast as I can. I love getting bamboozled by Redd though, so I won't speedrun paintings and statues. c': I've been playing since 2021 and if I wasn't such a chronic resetter I would have completed it by now, so I don't feel that bad doing it this way.

I have no idea what theme I want for the island though, oof.
Pokemon themed?

It feels so good to finally hit the reset jackpot in New Horizons! I initially restarted because I wanted 8 villagers in stead of 10 to prevent me from having duplicate personalities on the island, and I finally got an island layout I really like, a yellow airport, apples and mums as my native fruit & flower: all of my requirements! And on top of that I got both the jock & sisterly villager I planned to end up with: Billy & Reneigh! I don't think I've ever been this lucky with resetting.

I'm going for a desert/forest mixed theme, inspired by a trip to Utah. From 2020 until yesterday I had an orange airport. I knew the yellow airport was the one to go for with this theme, but it still feels so out of place after one day of playing... Hoping I'll get used to it.

Back