• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC-related: In a way I'm actually in favor of the holidays in NH being timed events that can't be accessed early. I'm not against time-travel at all if it doesn't affect me, but events being spoiled in advance does actually impact my enjoyment of the game directly.

Tbh, it makes me roll my eyes a bit whenever people say that time travel doesn't affect anyone but the person doing it, because that's simply not true.
It can: a) spoil features in advance, b) throw off the economics within the community, and to a lesser extent c) allow the traveler to make quicker progress with their town and therefore get credit for original ideas before anyone else *

* by the time others have caught up, their creative ideas might seem stale and overused

Even tho people have a right to their opinion, when someone goes around complaining about everything while everyone else is hyped up about it, maybe you're talking with the wrong crowd.

Tbh, it makes me roll my eyes a bit whenever people say that time travel doesn't affect anyone but the person doing it, because that's simply not true.
It can: a) spoil features in advance, b) throw off the economics within the community, and to a lesser extent c) allow the traveler to make quicker progress with their town and therefore get credit for original ideas before anyone else *

* by the time others have caught up, their creative ideas might seem stale and overused

The former two points are reasonable, but point "c" is rather unnecessary. Why care about the abundance of people using the same idea? If you are enjoying it, that is enough reason to do it.

Last edited:
I don't get why it's so "fantastic" when celebs come out with autism or aspergers(sometimes adhd but it's basically "lol its a superpower" crap so it's less heterogeneous so u can ignore it)

a) it varies a lot between individuals and what help you can and are able to get etc.
b) which leads me to these people obviously have money/contacts/family/therapists etc. that makes sure they get proper help
c) so they kinda misinform people and think all people work like them/the same

also a lot of ppl have like no perspective in climate matters amuse me. like if you fly to morocco like once a year it's no shame, however if you need to fly to japan twice a month for work maybe you should move there or closer.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This increase in women over-sexualizing themselves on social media and pop culture and then calling it feminism, female liberation and an expression of female sexuality is the most moronic thing ever because all it does is further objectify women. This is the most counter-intuitive cause ever and in no way benefits women's struggles. It is simply an entertainment for MEN who further use it to objectify a woman.

Yes basically, and random sexist commercials .. like it's not some liberation dressing up like that and claiming feminism, lol.

Last edited:
The former two points are reasonable, but point "c" is rather unnecessary. Why care about the abundance of people using the same idea? If you are enjoying it, that is enough reason to do it.

I mean, I did specifically say that it was ?to a lesser extent?.

Also yeah, of course there?s still reason to do it. There?s an extra satisfaction for many creators that comes from contributing something that?s seen as original though (regardless of medium). Nothing wrong or unusual with enjoying some attention for your work.

Last edited:
This increase in women over-sexualizing themselves on social media and pop culture and then calling it feminism, female liberation and an expression of female sexuality is the most moronic thing ever because all it does is further objectify women. This is the most counter-intuitive cause ever and in no way benefits women's struggles. It is simply an entertainment for MEN who further use it to objectify a woman.

Before burning my eyes with acid, I watched Cardi B's video called Twerk and pretty much all comments are sexual and filled with overtly aroused men. And yet, when saying it supports female objectification, artists defend that this is actually female liberation? L.O.L.

How about the disparity of women in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and earning considerably less income compared to men in these fields? But yes, "expression of female sexuality" is an EXTREMELY important cause for women, let's keep praising that with millions of views on YouTube and some fame too.

In absolutely NO WAY would I blame a woman's outfit or perceived promiscuity for any reason/excuse if she was ever sexually assaulted, but instead 100% blame it on a sick man's disturbing entitlement. However, in a world of immense sexual violence towards women (rape/sex trafficking in South Asia especially), this is just a slap in the face for organizations trying to combat this.

I for one welcome the liberation of more nipples.

I for one welcome the liberation of more nipples.

you can do that other and better ways, not looking and performing like that. also to free them it takes more to remove the taboo and that doesn't include money drenched celebs like those.

On the topic of over sexualizing women, I hate that the majority of anime is full of that. (More so with under aged girls which makes it worse).

On the topic of over sexualizing women, I hate that the majority of anime is full of that. (More so with under aged girls which makes it worse).

What bothers me most isn?t even the blatant sexualization (like skimpy outfits, exaggerated bodies etc.) but these really toxic messages that keep getting repeated?sometimes very subtlety, often played for humor. The most common ones are about women?s age and boob size.
(I think this might still be considered more common/acceptable in Japan in general)

cough seven deadly sins cough

only manga that kinda gets away with that for me is love hina bc it kinda makes part of the story rather than being there

What bothers me most isn’t even the blatant sexualization (like skimpy outfits, exaggerated bodies etc.) but these really toxic messages that keep getting repeated—sometimes very subtlety, often played for humor. The most common ones are about women’s age and boob size.
(I think this might still be considered more common/acceptable in Japan in general)

"Oh look! You're a B-cup now!" Comments like that are just so awkward and weird to me. I don't know who finds those funny? I know it's just a cartoon but it's filled with stuff like that in almost every series so it's hard to avoid that garbage. It probably is a cultural thing. Maybe they find it hilarious.

On the topic of anime representing women/girls badly, I also hate how the majority of the girls in anime are somehow all mentally 8 years old. It's just so sad about how many females act like there's something wrong with them. It's rare to find a female character that doesn't glomp, make moaning noises while eating, is too weak to even lift a baseball bat, make weird noises at any moment in general, just stand there and shriek, and is in general so useless that the other characters have to do everything for her.

- - - Post Merge - - -

cough seven deadly sins cough

only manga that kinda gets away with that for me is love hina bc it kinda makes part of the story rather than being there

I've never seen either of those haha but I'd honestly rather the show know that hey, it's a fanservice show, than non fanservice shows trying to be relevant and get more sales by having shameful, weird, out of place fanservice moments just for the sake of having them.

Here's an opinion that I'm not too sure is unpopular, but I felt this place would be a good spot for ranting!

To put it flatly- I'm not familiar with too many animes or the community. But because of the internet, I've seen clips, screenshots, art, etc, from some animes or artists that made me kinda sick.

I know that not all artists are like this. I'm just speaking my thoughts on the minority that does indeed exist. Don't take this the wrong way!

What is it with people and drawing anime girls like they're overly sexualized 10-year-olds? They have the facial features/height of a child, yet they're dressed like a sexy maid.

That is twisted and wrong on so many levels and it bothers me.

I understand that art is suggestive. I understand that in this style, it is commonplace for the females to look on the childlike side for the cute factor- and this is fine- except when it's obvious that they are supposed to look young.

Anyone who has a thing for the child that looks like a woman/woman that looks like a child should be checked out. It's gross.

Some would- and have- argued that it's 'art' and people can do what they want. My opinion? I don't care if it's 'art'. You're a sicko.

Last edited:
Here's an opinon that I'm not to sure is unpopular, but I felt this place would be a good spot to rant!

To put it flatly- I'm not familiar with too many animes or the community. But because of the internet, I've seen clips, screenshots, art, etc, from some animes or artists that made me kinda sick.

I know that not all artists are like this. I'm just speaking my thoughts on the minority that does indeed exist. Don't take this the wrong way!

What is it with people and drawing anime girls like they're overly sexualized 10-year-olds? They have the facial features/height of a child, yet they're dressed like a sexy maid.

I understand that art is suggestive. I understand that in this style, it is commonplace for the females to look on the childlike side for the cute factor- and this is fine- except when it's obvious that they are supposed to look young.

Anyone who has a thing for the child that looks like a woman/woman that looks like a child should be checked out. It's gross.

Some would- and have- argued that it's 'art' and people can do what they want. My opinion? I don't care if it's 'art'. You're a sicko.

I'd wager they're heavily influenced by anime because a good portion of anime is like this.

A good example: Senko-san. An 800 year old fox god that looks as if she's 10.

Last edited:
Here's an opinion that I'm not too sure is unpopular, but I felt this place would be a good spot for ranting!

i guess its kind of unpopular especially in the anime crowd because i see arguments like this a lot and the "its not real" card seems to win more, which in my humble and 100% not wrong opinion is absolutely ****ing disgusting and doesn't change anything, at least in terms of depicting underage characters sexually
they seem to love throwing the words pc and sjw around when you call them out, there is nothing political about being grossed out when you go on about how you "love your lolis" you greasy freak

I'm not a huge fan of Super Mario Maker. In fact, I dislike it. I occasionally get videos related to the game and it's annoying. Sure, I could simply say I'm not interested and use keywords to block it, but a lot of them don't even put the game title in their video so I usually get titles in all caps and all of that nonsense. Oh, and those hardcore levels too. Just no. Don't get me wrong. I like Mario but not this game in particular.

i guess its kind of unpopular especially in the anime crowd because i see arguments like this a lot and the "its not real" card seems to win more, which in my humble and 100% not wrong opinion is absolutely ****ing disgusting and doesn't change anything, at least in terms of depicting underage characters sexually
they seem to love throwing the words pc and sjw around when you call them out, there is nothing political about being grossed out when you go on about how you "love your lolis" you greasy freak

Sure they're drawings but you're still fantasizing about a little kid and that's nasty.

Sure they're drawings but you're still fantasizing about a little kid and that's nasty.

I agree. That may be acceptable from wherever it came from, but doing it here (even in cartoons) should land you on the sex offender registry. Once you’re a registered sex offender, you lose many rights (including the right to use Facebook). Not saying it would, but in my opinion, people who sexualize minors in cartoons should not be allowed to be near children or live close to where children go to.

Exactly. I mean, the name 'Lolita' and 'Lolli' should be a slight turn-off in itself. The names literally come from the book about an underage girl being sexualized, abused, and obsessed over by a middle-aged man.

Not that all people who like Lolita fashion are predators, but you see what I mean.

Exactly. I mean, the name 'Lolita' and 'Lolli' should be a slight turn-off in itself. The names literally come from the book about an underage girl being sexualized, abused, and obsessed over by a middle-aged man.

Not that all people who like Lolita fashion are predators, but you see what I mean.

Lolita/egl fashion has no correlation with the book "Lolita" or the word "loli". The context of capitalizing the word "lolita" is important here, since if it is capitalized it is assumed to be the book name or a name of a person. If someone is fetishizing the fashion, that is on purely on them and not in any way related to it; it is just a fashion.

Last edited:
Luckily through soundgarden's comment, I do not think lolita fashion was being confused with lolis.

ya its not. i really like lolita fashion. when u search up lolita fashion on google u might get a "warning" search that tells u that cp is illegal probably because it has the word loli in it and/or because of the book, but its still really dumb and i think this confuses people.

theyre super weird, they make up the dumbest arguments like "it doesnt have the same anatomy as a child, im attracted to this but not a real child so its fine" like yeah it looks different because its a drawing. how is that even a defense? its still a child?
artists and people who consume the art get away with a lot of things because theyre drawings, which i dont think is right. even if no one real is depicted it still runs the risk of really hurting someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back