June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
What are some things you like about where you’re from?

Here in Portland I love the scenery. We have Mt. Hood, cherry blossoms, and two beautiful rivers.

We also have lots of excellent used game, record, and book stores. They’re pretty much everywhere.

Don’t even get me started on the food trucks, Japanese garden, and Chinese garden. They all have great food.

I live in the metro area of Detroit. We have some pretty nice parks and lots of shopping. Michigan itself is super pretty especially since it experiences all 4 seasons in some strong capacity, the autumn in this state is so breathtakingly beautiful.

I wish there was more of an LGBT nightlife scene here because there's shockingly not much unless you're in the college town.

Hmmm...There's not a lot that I like about where I live but I can think of a few things. It's a small town, which I like because I'm conveniently close to everything. It only takes about 20 minutes to get from one side of town to the other. But there's also a decent amount of nature around because it's not a big city. The other thing I like is that my town is surrounded by hills and mountains so we don't get a lot of extreme natural disasters. Hurricanes and tornadoes are often broken up or lessened by the time they reach us so they don't do as much damage.

I live in a tiny town in Alabama, so there's not much to like. I guess I like the fact that it's more isolated and unknown than other places. Alabama isn't my ideal place to live, but it's alright for the time being. I love that everyone lives relatively close to each other. It takes maybe 5 minutes to get to my friends' houses. My best friend and I can ride our bikes to each other's house since we live about 2 minutes apart. I love that aspect of a small town. Other than that, there's not much else that stands out. It's super upsetting to see suburbs being built in areas where there used to be crop fields, though. I wish there weren't as many people coming as there are, but it is what it is.

Nothing, lol. I hate living in Texas. Although I'm sure lots of people can relate with where they live.

I'm originally from Korea, born and raised, but I've been living in Cambodia (and South East Asia in general) for over half a decade now. I never really liked living in Cambodia because I've always had this nagging feeling I wanted to either be "back home" or somewhere else, but I've grown to like it and it feels like home to me now. So some stuff I love about this country:

- Little to no natural disasters, just lots of rain during the rainy season
- It's hot, but not humid hot. When I used to live in Malaysia my eczema flared up because it was humid, but it's been good here.
- Rent is not super cheap but you can rent big spaces for better prices than if I were to live in Korea.
- Food is good. South East Asian food in general is my favourite other than Korean.
- People listen to rules/regulations here when it comes to COVID.
- There's a lot of nice places to take road trips that's not too far out of the city.

I was born in Pittsburgh and I don’t like anything about it. It’s super boring, the weather sucks, and it’s very gloomy. I can’t think of a single thing I like about this place.

I live in the Brisbane area of QLD, Australia. I really love that it's sunny most of the time, although i really miss the snow from when I lived in Michigan and Washington State in the US. Every winter I hope we get a freak snow day as a result of climate change but it hasn't happened yet 🥴

Another thing I love here are the birds!!! So many different kinds of birds that seem so exotic to me, like the rainbow lorikeet. They just.. fly around and make so much noise, it's great. I love how clean it is here too. And decent public transportation.

the only thing i really like about living in canada is the free healthcare. sure, our healthcare system isn’t the greatest and the wait times (especially in the ER) are horrendous, but at least i don’t go into debt every time i need to see a doctor or call an ambulance. i have quite a few physical and mental health issues, as do my parents, so free healthcare is a blessing to us considering we’d never be able to see a doctor or get any of the medications we need without it. as much as i don’t enjoy living in canada at times, i’ll always be grateful that i have access to free healthcare here. i also like that the legal drinking and smoking age is 19 here (at least in my province), and certain places such as toronto and canada’s wonderland.

Reactions: Neb
What I like the most about the city that I live in is probably that we have beautiful nature and a big city close together. I know it’s like that in a lot of bigger cities, but it’s different here.

I also generally like the weather. It’s weird at times, but it can get really hot and sunny, but also really cold and snowy. I tend to like the extremes when it comes to weather.

The „free“ healthcare in Germany is something I find very important as well.

My favorite people out of my family live here, and I can see them quiet regularly. Family has always been very important to me, so that is very nice as well.

I find that a lot of people don’t like Germany or the city that I live in in Germany, but I think it’s beautiful and I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.

I just love the fact that I don't live in a town or a city. I actually live in a village out in the countryside where it's pretty quiet in general all year round. Plus I live not far from the sea so in the summer if the wind is blowing in a certain direction there's a nice sea breeze that keeps the summer temperatures nice and comfortable, especially in the evening time.

I live in a suburb to the capital here and I'd definitely say it's one of the calmer ones comparing to others. And yeah you can take walks, close to grocery store and the subway etc. so I like it.

I live in a city outside of the capitol of New York state, public transportation is available everywhere which is really great since I don't drive. There's lots of good pizza places, also lots of good Italian restaurants. There's also a wide variety of different cultures here too so many different types of good food is available locally

I like that there are really delicious food options in the near vicinity! I think a bustling and diverse food scene helps me to feel more connected to the world, and luckily for me my city has a ton of international options.

Nothing, lol. I hate living in Texas. Although I'm sure lots of people can relate with where they live.
I thought there was a ton of good food near you -- and sportsing! Something about sports fandom. And access to anything you need.

I'm not a huge fan of how my state is portrayed (mostly because I bet it's true),
1649725500383.png

but I live in this weird yet friendly city that is considered a "blue dot in a sea of red". I have had a great experience with the parks, people, food options, and quirky events of my city. I also attended the big university here, so I have a lot of memories tied to Austin. It's a great town to be a nerd, though the big anime/gaming conventions are hours away in Dallas and San Antonio.

I thought there was a ton of good food near you -- and sportsing! Something about sports fandom. And access to anything you need.

I'm not a huge fan of how my state is portrayed (mostly because I bet it's true),

Eh, there's good food and good sport teams in other places, so that isn't exactly a "keeper." And access to everything I need doesn't exactly do it for me because public transportation here is terrible. I have to rely on Uber and Lyft a lot, which... aren't always reliable. :sick:

The only good thing I can think about living here is no income tax, and I don't even care about that or anything to do with taxes. Other than that there's plenty of bad drivers, rednecks, and just... I want to move somewhere else, but I can't. Lmao.

Still, I will say that I've made plenty of good memories at places only Texas has, but still... not enough to outweigh the bad for me.

i live pretty close to the beach, and although i don't actually like the beach, when i go to the train station to go to uni or to visit my boyfriend the air always smells like the sea and it's super nice
the only other thing i like is that my friends and i live close to each other and sometimes we're on the same trains on our way to/from uni lol

Where I live I feel like there's a nice balance of nature and city. Like most of it town/cityish but you don't have to go far to get to nice quiet natural area. There's nice views there too, although nothing super breathtaking. But I don't have to go far to just get away from the noise. It's very walking friendly.

Back