What are some of your silly pet peeves in the game?

romancement

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Yellow Rose
Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
And I mean like, NOT the quality of life play ones that we've all complained about forever, I'm talking pet peeves that shouldn't bug you so much but they do :mad:

Mine, in no particular order:
- There is a safety helmet and steel toed boots but no safety glasses. This is an occupational health nightmare! I use the sporty sunglasses or sometimes the ski goggles, but it's not quite the same! I want those big clear safety goggles.
- Villager houses without any windows - this is dumb but I'm like... are they getting enough air circulation T_T
- I wish the DIYs were little booklets or books because then I could feel like I was getting EDUCATION
- I should also be able to wake up feeling sick and oogy (I know most people would hate this but I feel like it would add a fun element of gameplay into it)
- My char should fall asleep after like half an hour if I'm afk

I don't know what the opposite of pet peeve is, but I think of little details that I really enjoy:
- I find it hilarious that you can poop and it clears your fruit/food counter
- I know people are annoyed at the tripping mechanism when holding drinks and running but it also feels way too real to me
- Love catching snowflakes in the air T_T
- Also love deflea-ing my poor villagers ahahaha
- Love that the flowers, when you pick them, come back in bud stages! This is so neat.
- WEEDS! I love the weeds they are legit my fav aspect of the game.

What are some tiny details you've noticed and thought about?

My pet peeve is when villagers get up as soon as you turn on the Nookphone camera function, so frustrating when you're trying to take pictures of them looking so adorable!!! Or god forbid you're just trying to sit next to them lol.

I always had to resort using the switch lite camera/video but I like using the zoom & filter options on the nookphone. Yesterday Dom was using the log lounge and sure enough, as soon as I turned on the camera, off he bounced.

I wish the new edibles don't have fruit power, I have to hide a toilet behind a tree near my plaza now otherwise I may accidentally destroy my rocks ha!

On the upside, I do adore the new edibles!!! It's just so cute to finally be able to join your villagers when they're snacking & I bought a ton last Sunday to hoard...but it also means a lot of trip to the toilet lol.

@Croconaw YES OMFGGG actually the flowers bug me more than the weeds, because I have COLOUR schemes :mad:
@TillyGoesMeow This upsets me so much, and is most definitely breaking some labour laws. Like why is there no night shift??? In NL there were the pelican sisters who traded shifts at the post office.
@CanuckChick Ahhh yeah, they are cute but then I gotta poop everywhere. I'm actually making a rock quarry that is gated, and I saw this great idea someone had where they put a toilet in as the "entry" (so you have to set on it to get in) which automatically makes you uhh... you know XD Of course not great if you don't want to see a toilet randomly

I hate how flowers and weeds multiply. I use a transparent pattern now to keep them confined to one space, but I dislike having to do that. They multiply in extremely large numbers and it’s annoying.
I also hate this, I hate how I can’t just run through them now and again when they get out of hand like in previous games. It should be an option you can toggle if you don’t want people visiting to mess with them. I want to mess with them.

White hair isn't white. (Compared to past games)

1628092214325.png
VS
1628092369217.png

In NL there were the pelican sisters who traded shifts at the post office.
Aww, they were in Wild World too. I loved the one who was there through the day but the night shift one was mean to me so I didn’t like her.

Come to think of it after working night shift for a few years I think I can relate to her now. I’d be pretty sick of the random kid coming in at 2am to send letters to people.

Aww, they were in Wild World too. I loved the one who was there through the day but the night shift one was mean to me so I didn’t like her.

Come to think of it after working night shift for a few years I think I can relate to her now. I’d be pretty sick of the random kid coming in at 2am to send letters to people.
LOL RIGHT? at the time I was like what a jerk and now I'm like, I get you sister

four that come to mind, and i suppose the first three could be considered QOL updates as well, but still.
  • the half-step around trees/furniture/bushes because it's so unreliable. it almost never works first time, and i have to repeatedly run at the gap or pause and try again. i always worry it's gonna screw up my joystick or bug out the character. in NL, i'm pretty sure the game treated half-gaps the same way they did a full gap, and idk why NH changed this.
  • only being able to trip when holding balloons/boba tea/ice lollies. (king tut mask not included because it's intentional and has been in past games too.) this doesn't make sense. it's pointless and needlessly punishing. if it only happened on bad luck days, i wouldn't mind, but i hate that the game only allows you to trip when holding things you can lose. what's the point? why are we punishing people for running with items that you want us to hold? i haven't held my balloons since last august because of this, and they're effectively pointless as a result.
  • the crowns, flower and otherwise. (some of the newer ones, i think, don't have this issue or aren't as egregious.) the way they sit on the character's head frustrates me so much to the point where i just don't wear any of them despite finding several of them cute. one of the crowns (i think it's peach's?) even has a blatantly visible gap between it and my character's head while in the wardrobe screen, like ??? say what you will about PC, but at least when they released flower crowns, they went around the character's head like, y'know, flower crowns are supposed to.
  • the ""tail"" on the back of the cat dress. enough said.

with the firework event going on, i'd love if all of the NPCs were allowed to come out and watch the show with everyone, especially the able sisters. it's cool to see isabelle allowed outside but i want them all lol.

i wish they all got holidays off in general, let them chill outside for once. imagine the NPCs walking around dressed in santa hats and interacting with the villagers :(

My biggest pet peeve is when I am trying to fix something and I will accidently rub off a custom design on the floor it annoys me so much especially when you go to replace that spot and you end up rubbing off another part of a design. My thought is once you have used the hard hat tool to lay down the paths and decorations you shouldn't be able to rub it off. Where's if you were to use the design app where you can see all your designs and you just select to place down the pattern I get the being easy to take off.

Another massive pet peeve is all the weeds and how fast they grow I wish I could just pay and Islander to clean them all up cause I haven't played in a while so I have lots but I do not know where to start :(

My biggest pet peeve is when I am trying to fix something and I will accidently rub off a custom design on the floor it annoys me so much especially when you go to replace that spot and you end up rubbing off another part of a design. My thought is once you have used the hard hat tool to lay down the paths and decorations you shouldn't be able to rub it off. Where's if you were to use the design app where you can see all your designs and you just select to place down the pattern I get the being easy to take off.

Another massive pet peeve is all the weeds and how fast they grow I wish I could just pay and Islander to clean them all up cause I haven't played in a while so I have lots but I do not know where to start :(
THIS SO MUCH. I don't know how many times I've destroyed the walkway to my house because I was picking something up. Or when I was trying to fix items sitting on my "picnic blanket" I kept having to redo it.

When I first started playing, I was sooo disappointed that my character started each day outside her house. I really wanted to wake up in the bed. I also wish we could put things on the beds.

I wish the dog house dog wasn't chained and that the hamster cage was bigger and that you could really have pets in the game.

I wish there were more hair colors, like light brown.

I wish there were taller fences and walls so I didn't have to use simple panels for everything.

THIS SO MUCH. I don't know how many times I've destroyed the walkway to my house because I was picking something up. Or when I was trying to fix items sitting on my "picnic blanket" I kept having to redo it.
It also seems to happen when I’m picking flowers or pulling weeds and picking up trees :(

Back