What's your favorite food & drink to cool down in summer?

Titi

Cynically insane
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Winter Mittens
Silver Mailbox
What's your favorite food & drink to cool down in summer?

It's getting seriously hot here in Barcelona, and I've been cooling down today by eating refrigerated watermelon cut in small cubes and drinking oat milk with ice cubes in it (I don't drink regular milk because it's full of antibiotics and hormones and whatnot call me a hippie I don't care).
I also love to make fruit smoothies with ice when it's really hot, and eating cold pizza works really well for some reason, besides cold pizza is delicious.

What's your favorite food and drink to cool down in summer?

Edit: Oh I forgot rice noodles & veggies on ice. I'm not one for complicated asian recipes but that one is easy and makes a really great summer dish.

Last edited:
cold lemonade, and gelati c:

i eat a lot of frozen fruit as well, like grapes

I love to drink hot chocolate in the Summer. When I go to Spain, there's these super delicious carrot juice drinks which taste more like peaches than carrots. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to going this year too, hehe.

I'll eat pretty much anything that tastes nice in the Summer. Ice-creams are nice occasionally.

Food:
Watermelon
Frozen custard
Frozen yogurt
Ice cream

Drink:
Water
Frapps

I never got how lemonade is refreshing. I mean, I love lemonade, but it makes me more thirsty.
Smoothies

When I go to Spain, there's these super delicious carrot juice drinks which taste more like peaches than carrots. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to going this year too, hehe.

Is it the ones that are a mix of carrot/orange and peach juice? Those are sooooooo good I always have some in my fridge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Iced coffee. It both cools me down and fills me up.

I love iced coffee too. Yuuum.

Ginger ale with ice to water it down and flood the whole house.
And also, those frozen ice pops.

I love iced coffee too. Yuuum.
When I was in Japan a few years back we got hit by a heatwave. 40C in the middle of Tokyo. I basically lived off iced coffee.

I can only imagine what you're gonna go through in Spain. I don't envy you, I hate summer.

Drink: peach ice tea during the day; Corona w/ lime in the evening.

Food: salad and fruit.

Tea because hot drinks cool you down more in the long term

- - - Post Merge - - -

For food probably crisps or something I don't really know

drinks; lucozade, tea
food; hot dogs, ice cubes (rly nice,,,)

Back