When you first started your island, did you reset for a specific airport colour, starter villager, native fruit etc?

Did you reset for anything specific when you first started your island?

• Yes

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • Other?

Votes: 10 8.7%

• Total voters
I didn't reset, I got kinda lucky n got the blue airport which is my favorite color, n I got Reneigh & Poncho as my first two villagers.
Not really a fan of Poncho, n I have never seen Reneigh before but she's pretty cool! I like her a lot! She'll probably be on my island for a long time! c:

Not at first, but I learned my lesson. Always get the town or island you like and not one you don’t like. If I ever start up again I’ll be sure to reset.

I’m not really picky at all as long as resident services isn’t a full on trek from my house then I’m alright. I like resident services to be close to the airport but if that doesn’t happen it isn’t the be all and end all! :)

I restarted for my river ends and plaza placement cause my first island had the double south rivers and it was very annoying. If I could I would restart for plaza closer to the airport but I'm happy with how I have the around it decorated right now.

i don't remember, don't think so when i started out. when i first reset though, i was looking for a green airport !

I restarted my island a total of 17 times. I wanted a map that I liked (preference for a large peninsula, a well-located airport (not too far, not too close) and Billy, Deirdre or Rody. I didn't need to start again when choosing the map because I only had decent maps. However, I found a perfect map and I was hoping so hard that Billy or the others would be there! Short introductory video, I see that there are peaches, my favorite fruit, and then the orange airport, which matches well with my future theme. Billy was there! In short, I was lucky, very lucky to find the perfect island with one of the villagers I wanted. Only 17 tries, that's okay!

I started the game for the first time, I saw Dom and Cherry, and I was happy. I didn't need to reset. I wasn't picky about the fruit and also at the time I didn't know anything about the airport color but I don't care about it either.

All of the above, and the flowers, river mouths and secret beach locations 😭 it’s stressful lol. I should try just picking a map randomly and trying to work with it.

I think I did once or twice for villagers specifically, I still ended up with a duo I didn't like but I went with it because I was too excited to play.

i have to have a blue airport because it's literally the only color that makes sense? (not sure why they give different airport colors when the interior is so blue-oriented...). i wasn't looking for any map layout in particular, just whatever i came across and liked while resetting. i wanted either cherries or apples because i think they look the best but i really wish grapes were an option, villagers didn't matter because i have all of my faves as amiibo cards, and native flowers were whatever.

i had really good luck because after resetting only a few tries i found a map i liked with native apples and a blue airport lol.

I don't think I did on my original island, but once I started seeing other people's I reset to get the exact stuff I liked. When i first turned the game on I just wanted to play so didn't really consider it. I'm happy I reset though

I thought about it but decided it would be more of a challenge to go with something from the first batch of island maps that I saw. I have to work a little more to get what I was looking for and thats fine haha

I resetted for now than 2 days but didn't end up getting what i wanted so I just gave up and settled for a town with peaches 😂

i’ve had the same island since release!
i considered resetting my island before, but i couldn’t bring myself to do it :lemon:

I specifically sought out an orange airport since orange is one of my top favorite colors alongside purple and pink. I was also interested in apples since I never had a town in New Leaf with apples as the town fruit, but I didn't know at the time that perfect fruit wasn't a mechanic in this game; nowadays I kind of wish I went with cherries, but fruit is such a minor aspect of New Horizons that it's really no big deal at all.

I couldn't say how many resets it took to get a map I liked that also had the orange airport since I didn't keep a tally, but I can say that it took days.

The starting villagers were of no concern since I was going to replace them with permanent villagers I had already decided on anyway.

I got a second Switch and a second copy of the game last year since I came up with a cool concept and have villagers I want to experience who didn't fit my main island and who I haven't had as residents in any other past games. I still need to come up with a good name for this second island though, so I haven't started it yet. I don't know whether I'll be particular about anything other than map layout...though maybe just make sure I don't have pears as the island's native fruit since I just dislike pears.

I really wonder why mods don't shut these types of threads down because there is literally so many of them dedicated to did u reset your island for a specific blah blah. No offense to you. I'm offended because they made me delete my thread that was completely original just because people were to post pictures they made me go to the screenshot thread like omg where there is literally a million different topics in one thread and it makes absolutely no sense.... like call it the photo album thread maybe and let people post pictures in other threads that'd be great.. sorry rant.

But yes I did reset for days to get my airport lined up and yellow and it's still one to the left. Wish I didn't get stuck with peaches

No, but that's because i wanted peaches and a blue airport and i got it on my first try lol.
Its my lucky island!

I really wonder why mods don't shut these types of threads down because there is literally so many of them dedicated to did u reset your island for a specific blah blah. No offense to you. I'm offended because they made me delete my thread that was completely original just because people were to post pictures they made me go to the screenshot thread like omg where there is literally a million different topics in one thread and it makes absolutely no sense.... like call it the photo album thread maybe and let people post pictures in other threads that'd be great.. sorry rant.
The last time I’ve seen a thread for this topic was back in 2020-2021. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but there haven’t been any active threads for this topic in months, which is why I made this thread. I wouldn’t have if there had already been an active thread for it at the time.

There’ve been countless topics that’ve had multiple threads for them made over the years. A new “who’s your favourite villager?” thread pops up pretty much every other month or so.

I’m very sorry to hear that your thread got deleted, but this is the second time now that you’ve come into this thread just to complain about it, putting down my thread in the process. If the topic that I made this thread about is redundant to you, that’s completely valid, but you don’t have to post in here to say that. If you’re still bothered by staff asking you to delete the thread that you made, please take it up with them instead of airing your grievances in here.

Usually in AC games I don't tend to reset very often for certain features. But I recently reset (for the last time!!) and I really wanted a) a yellow or blue airport b) NOT pansies as my native flower c) NOT pears as my native fruit d) a middle-ish located resident services and e) this ones kinda weird but I wanted a certain default shirt haha! I wanted the pineapple one.

It took me maybe 10-20 tries, but I ended up getting hyacinths as my native flower, a yellow airport, and oranges as my native fruit! (which I weirdly always end up getting oranges now, it used to be only pears!) So far I've been having a good time on this island, tho I really want to get KK Slider as soon as possible, but I'm awful at decorating lol..

Back