Which historical person do you admire the most? And why?

Lt.Savior

Dipping Bopping Diving
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
0528-3012-8817
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Tasty Cake
Pavé
Tricolored Puppy Plush
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The title says it all really...

Mine is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. He lived from 1756 until 1791 and wrote so many beautiful compositions, it's really crazy. He began to write at a really young age. But my favorite early work is Bastien und Bastienne and he was 13 at that time. My love for him started when i was 20 years old. I heard a music piece on the radio and thought to myself: this is the most heavenly thing i've ever heard. Then the radio guy said it was Mozarts Andante and that's how my admiration began. His opera's are really great and the most famous of all opera's is off course The Magic Flute. It's one of his last works. He died really short after completion. But it's like he saved the best for last.

So here you are... I'm interested to read who you all admire?! Please share it with us...

Last edited:
Ugh this is a very hard question. There is no way I can pick just one.

I think for my first one it would be Vincent van Gogh. Because of him I fell in love with art. Whether you believe he was murdered or he killed himself the fact that still remains the same that he had a very difficult life and really struggled mentally, but the passion he felt at times for life and his art is inspiring. I wish he could have known how worthy he was as an artist and as a human. He deserved better.

Another person I admire is Angela Davis she was a huge contributor, leader, and activist for the Civil Rights Movement. She did extraordinary things for not only women but women of color. She did not back down and she stood strong the whole time. She also held it down for women when it came to women’s rights. She’s a remarkable woman.

And lastly since it’s been on my mind lately every single member of the Chicago 7 trial. They were remarkable people who were convicted for their beliefs and for BS politics. They never backed down when pushed.

tricky question but the first name that crossed my mind was luíz da gama, a brazilian former slave who, in the 19th century, bought his freedom, studied law and proceeded to free around 500 slaves legally, through sueing their owners.

For me, I have always admired George Washington. As many know, he was the 1st president of the United States, General of the Continental Army, and Founding Father of the US. I really admire his sense of loyalty to the citizens and not just those in power as he fought for a country which gives the power to the people and not just government officals, the wealthy, and royals. I even more admire the fact that he did not seize power when given the oppurtunity and stood by the ideals he and others fought for, and even gave himself a two-term limit as president, setting a presidence for future presidents. I overall just admired his sense of loyalty to the people as he did what was best for them and not just himself. I wish many modern day politicians would have the selflessness that he had.

I feel like I should also mention that there are other aspects of him that I do not admire and highly disapprove of, like him owning slaves for example.

One person I very much admire is Harriet Tubman. I believe her story of helping countless slaves achieve freedom prior to the Civil War, as well as her years of activism following it, serve as a model example that people can and should fight for their rights and to stand tall in the face of oppression. None of us will ever understand the struggles she went through as a slave but we can continue to pursue a greater society in her honor.

Back