Will you pay to play online with others?

I probably wont get online specifically for the new Animal Crossing, but I will get online for other games. I think ?20 of online for an entire year is worth it. The only reason I don't have it now is because I don't own any Switch games that really need it to be fun.

I don't know. I already despise the fact that you can't go online without PS+ on PS4, but for the games I have there, it's not a big deal. Being online for Animal Crossing is a big part of the experience. So I'll just have to see, but it's likely I'll wind up caving. My first year in NL was incredible due to online, and I definitely want to experience it again.

It's stupid. I completely agree - If I'm paying $80 (CAD) to play smash, why should I have to pay more money for a subscription just so I can play with others? There are plenty of other amazing online games FOR FREE. I will not be getting a membership just because I only recently got a switch and don't have any online games as of yet.

I'm part of somebodies family plan, but no, I wouldn't pay for the online for this (I won't pay for online, period). I barely used the online functionality of AC:NL aside from getting a small handful of items, so if there's nothing significantly different about AC:Switch then I don't see any worth in doing so.

On top of that, I'm stuck buying new Joy-Cons every 3 months

What exactly are you doing with your Joycons, punching the buttons? I wouldn't say they're the most hardy controller I've ever held, but if you're going through them so quickly you may consider the way you're handling them.

I already have online for switch and yes I will be playing the switch animal crossing online. One of my fav things in animal crossing is the online. It’s fun to play alone but online I feel just brings even more fun with the game

I honestly don't think the cost of the membership is that much for a whole year. But i'm going to complain about game costs because god damn. Personally I only ever get the one month or three month membership since I get burnt out pretty quickly.

I hate paying for online, but I will for AC Switch. Although I think for the first few months, I'd like to play the game without online influence, just to experience it myself.

Xbox and PlayStation cost more to play online. I think Nintendo is being pretty reasonable with the price

Last edited:
Back