• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your Opinion(s) on Your College/University/Trade School?

How do you feel about your college, university, trade school, etc. in general?

• Total voters
Good teachers good, bad teachers bad. Dunno. I got one C this year and it's because the teacher expected us to know stuff from the book when we did not work with it. I won't repeat this mistake, but it sucks. She also gave me a B in another class after I wrote an A in the exam.

You know, I'm really not enthusiastic about college. I feel like I'd be better off studying at home. I wouldn't have to deal with annoying classmates and teachers. I've noticed that I'm more productive when I skip classes, like when I'm sick. Yeah, I'm a bit of an introvert. However, the college learning experience is also valuable. There are cool instructors there who are always supportive. Sometimes it's crucial to prepare for discussions. which I intensely dislike, so I proactively do my discussion board assignments in advance to ensure I feel confident and have a better grasp of the topic, facilitating quality interaction with peers and instructors.

Last edited:
I graduated high school just a few months after the pandemic started and decided to take a gap year. When I started in 2021 I felt unprepared since I went to a high school that was way too easy and I couldn’t handle how much harder college was. The college’s website was terrible too and it made submitting assignments and finding syllabuses a headache. Socially it was an improvement from high school, but I still dealt with some rude people and even a couple of people making fun of me. Signing up for the college in the first place took ages and required so much paperwork. I’m lucky I had a decent GPA, SAT scores, and ACT scores since if I didn’t it would’ve been even harder.

At the age of 22 I dropped out of college since I was so miserable and now I’m looking for jobs. My mom wants me to go back eventually, but I have no clue what major would work for me and I don’t if there’s any jobs for any majors available that would work for me.

Back