• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

01/16/2016 - Need Town Advice! (Part 1)

Greggy

✧ α sραякℓ
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Lobo
Mate, I hate to be that guy but I wanna sort things out for my New Leaf town. I don't really want to post this entire thing as a forum thread because I'm talking about myself and my town, and the blog is the perfect place for all this selfish talk. But I'll be needing your advice.

Anyway...

I have planned to make my town into an Anime/Mascot-themed town, but I'm still having second thoughts. I'm not sure what kind of face cut-out statues should I put around my town, I'm not sure which villagers should I keep an eye out on, and I'm not even sure if a black-and-white concrete checkered path would be appropriate for my town's theme. So far, I'm sure I'll be keeping Snake and Genji, because they were my top dreamies and favorite villagers and minions, OTP, etc.. I'm gonna keep Fang because he's been so kind towards my mayor and I've grown fond of him, even he's a wild card but he can play the "pretty boy" role in my town. I guess I'll be keeping Chief too, because I've already tried to keep him and did so much plot resetting to align his house beside Fang, so I think there's no going back :p
Why Snake and Genji, though? Besides my personal bias between them, they are both Japanese-themed jock rabbit villagers with old school anime-like expressions. I'm also thinking of keeping 2 other villagers: Ken and Zucker. Ken is a smug ninja chicken, prolly a perfect ninja mentor image for the ninja rabbit Snake. Zucker is a takoyaki octopus, I think he looks good for a mascot.

Now here's the list of villagers I'm thinking of getting soon, but still on fence on doing so. Which villager should I look forward to own?:
  • Pekoe: She's a normal villager and she does have some anime-looking eyes and looks like a "Chinese Anime Girl" to me.
  • Big Top: The only superhero villager I'm interested to have. He has a nice-looking place, he's a bit under-appreciated, and he's a green Sentai. But I'm still on fence because I prioritize Zucker as my lazy villager and I don't like lazy villagers that much to keep 2 of them.
  • Walt: He looks like a samurai, and the kangaroo villager that has the best design for me. While I like Walt and cranky types, having 3 crankies feels like an overkill to me. Maybe if I proceed with my another concept of my town, I'm going to get him. But I really love my wolves!
  • Frita: I dunno, I think she could be another mascot for my town. In contrast of Zucker's Japanese food appearance, Frita is an American food.
And here's a list of villagers I don't have any plans to own, nor interest in owning them, so please don't recommend them to me:
  • Kid Cat: I have 2 jocks that's already dear to me. Don't get me wrong, I love jocks and I appreciate Kid Cat's design, but even if I'll pick a third jock (and disregard snooty villagers), I'd rather pick Bud, Ribbot, Flip, or Sterling.
  • Mira: I think she's a homage for Sailor V/Venus, but I don't like how she looks and her house exterior looks so unflattering. I already have 2 rabbit villagers to keep and I think I could use some variety especially for female villagers.
  • Ruby: Again, 3 rabbits are a crowd. I'm not really into Ruby's design to hype at her that much. I do like the moon rabbit theme she has.
  • Kiki: That's nice that she's a reference to Kiki's Delivery Service, but I'm not interested in getting her. I'm not a huge fan of normal types at all, even if I'm a bit interested in having Pekoe.
Or, what if I just stick with Fang, Genji, Chief, and Snake, and only try to get Ken and Zucker? The 4 slots are for random villagers so I can still move out other villagers without the anxiety of juggling my favorite villagers to stay?

Now here's the bigger problem--I'm also thinking that what if I should ditch the whole Anime/Mascot town theme idea and go over the "Feudal East Meets West" theme? Come to think of it: 5 Eastern-themed traditional villagers and 5 Western-themed traditional villagers. Still, 2 crankies and 2 jocks. Or, I dunno, say "screw it" to the personality types and pick the best villager designs! ...Which are mostly cranky and jock types.

Also I'm having such a hard time looking for paths and face cut-out standees appropriate for my town ideas. But that's the price to pay when you're not into being "kawaii".

Until next time!
-Greggy

Back