• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

100 Floors - Commentary (Part 1)

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Recently, I was addicted to a game that I didn’t start playing until the Christmas of 2012 - 100 Floors. It’s a mobile game where you’re in some strange skyscraper with nothing but puzzles. Each time you complete a puzzle, you get to advance to the next floor. You keep going higher until you get to the 100th floor.

When iOS 11 came out, a lot of my favorite iOS puzzle games could no longer be played since they were optimized for older versions only. If I want to play them again, I have to contact the developers. Some won’t even update the games anymore. However, there are a few puzzle games I enjoyed that did update when iOS 11 came out, and 100 floors, which hasn’t gotten a new puzzle since February 2015, was one of them. It was popular back in 2012 and 2013, but it lost subscribers over time. Currently, 100 Floors has 100 floors on the Main Tower, 70 on the Annex Tower, 45 on the Seasons Tower (for three different holidays), and 15 in the Castle.

Like all puzzle games on the iOS, you have to tap everywhere or swipe to complete. At least most of the puzzles I play. But what’s unique about 100 Floors is that it is motion sensitive. If you can shake your phone, tilt it, rotate it, or even have it laying down or standing up, you can solve some puzzles. There are even some that require checking or changing the settings of the device.

The puzzles are different every floor. It gets tricky on the first time you play, but as you understand it more, it gets easier when you replay the puzzles. In the next few blog entries, I will share my opinions on each of the floors.

There are even some that require checking or changing the settings of the device.

Wow, sounds a bit annoying, or ambitious developing from their side. Don't think I could have fun with such a game if you need to change stuff for a level or two tbh, unless it was on an emulator and not my actual phone.

The settings I am talking about is not much. Some puzzles just require changing the volume a little, as one puzzle requires matching the device's actual time.

Back