• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

2-Day Technique Question

Dulcettie

Creator of All
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1078-3342-5138
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
November Birthstone (Topaz)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Does it always work? I went two days forward and two days back and no one pinged me. I know sometimes you have to go an extra day forward, and even after I did no one pinged me. None of my villagers are mentioning anyone moving either.

So is someone moving in secret, or did the technique just not work?

Sometimes, villagers won't tell you their moving. This is greatly annoying. Ensure that none of your favorite villagers are moving away.

Sometimes, villagers won't tell you their moving. This is greatly annoying. Ensure that none of your favorite villagers are moving away.

How exactly do I do that? No one in town is mentioning that anyone moving. ._.

Repeatedly run by all your villagers and frequently talk to them. If this doesn't work, go to the next day and do the same.

I was told that going backwards counts as only one day no matter how far you jump. So you've only gone 3 days, and I definitely go more than 3 days without someone asking to move. It's often as many as 5 days after I've told someone else no.

The 2-day technique is also not a good choice, as it can royally screw up your game and make villagers move unnoticed, like when they don't tell you they're moving.

I was told that going backwards counts as only one day no matter how far you jump. So you've only gone 3 days, and I definitely go more than 3 days without someone asking to move. It's often as many as 5 days after I've told someone else no.

I went two days forward, two back, then one forward. Is 4 days usually not enough?
I'll try going one more day forward.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The 2-day technique is also not a good choice, as it can royally screw up your game and make villagers move unnoticed, like when they don't tell you they're moving.

I don't have the patience to wait for a villager to ask randomly.

I just lost one of my favorite villagers to the two-day technique, so be careful.
Very rarely does someone not tell me they're moving.
Sometimes other villagers will say someone is moving, but the mover won't tell me they are. Try saving and quitting and go around again if you want to check 100% that no one is moving. If no one mentions anything, then it could be safe to try again.

Something I started to do is to go one day at a time, and it took maybe seven date moves for the person I wanted to move to ask to move. I personally would not go more than three days, that's really risky. Just two forward and two behind. It's quicker than going one day at a time, but also riskier.

I've done it 3 times now to get certain villagers to move out.

I Time Travel back 7 days. (I heard one moves out a week and to prevent it you have to talk to each animal once a week to check noones leaving).

Then I talked to everyone except the animal I want to leave.
Then I Time Travel day-by-day back forwards (to the present/future) and talk to the animals (expect the one you want to leave again) until Isabelle says they are moving out today.

Animals only move out if they're not friendly with you/you don't interact with them.
So this technique tricks the game into thinking you haven't spoken to that animal every day you Time Travel.

This works assuming you don't want to give them away or trade them.

Just be really careful whatever you do :/ You don't want to lose animal/dreamies you already have...

Last edited:
Guys, Thanks for your responses, but I have a good grasp on how to do the technique and a general idea of how it works. I've used it to get rid of many, many villagers and I'm using it in my cycling town. I'm just being extra cautious now because I have so much more to lose. And I prefer to use this technique rather than the day-by-day technique.

I really only need help with this current situation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've done it 3 times now to get certain villagers to move out.

I Time Travel back 7 days. (I heard one moves out a week and to prevent it you have to talk to each animal once a week to check noones leaving).

Then I talked to everyone except the animal I want to leave.
Then I Time Travel day-by-day back forwards (to the present/future) and talk to the animals (expect the one you want to leave again) until Isabelle says they are moving out today.

Animals only move out if they're not friendly with you/you don't interact with them.
So this technique tricks the game into thinking you haven't spoken to that animal every day you Time Travel.

This works assuming you don't want to give them away or trade them.

Just be really careful whatever you do :/ You don't want to lose animal/dreamies you already have...

I'll keep this in mind next time I try to TT out a villager, thanks~

Last edited:
If no one tells you that they're moving, keep doing the 2-day method. If you do it correctly, it should work. It's simple
and easy.

I did that too and I had a villager tell me "*insert name* is toying with the idea of moving away" and them i would TT to the next day, no ping. Same thing the next day. No ping, but I was told the same neighbor was thinking of moving. I went day by day and she never pinged me to let me know until one day (about 5 days later) Isabelle tells me that the neighbor is moving tomorrow.
So some neighbors don't ping period.

I kept my 3DS closed for a couple of hours and when I opened it Merengue told me she was thinking about moving. Thank god I was able to stop her in time.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

It works. Lionel, Walker, and Wolfgang have moved out by TTing 2 days forward and I went straight to them and they pinged.

What I like to do is just not talk to the ones I want to leave at all. They will ping eventually. I'm working on getting Hippeux to move out now.

Last edited:
Back