• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

9 hours-long power outage

JCnator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
So, yesterday had a what weather reporters calling it a "weather bomb" that supposedly brought like over 40cm of snow in my town in total. The main roads were completely closed for quite a long while. At first, it sounded like that it won't be too much of a big deal, but then the power started to flicker out on that evening, and then it completely went out starting 2AM EST. Because Mother Nature is being an inconsiderate jerk, we had to wait for the power to fully come back in a much more consistent operational state.

I was worried at first glance that I might suffer from hypothermia if I slept when there's no heating system working due of the power outage, but then I turn out to be completely unharmed as I stayed surprisingly comfortable in the very well-isolated basement with its doors closed. That's with 3 blankets and a standard outfit on me. I woke up around 8AM, hearing my mom walking around the house for her to eat her breakfast. I'm pretty sure she ate cereals, like I did an hour later. I checked out some of the other rooms to see how cold they are, and I'm pretty sure that they were colder than 10°C.

At 11:30 AM EST, the power now came back in full force, and working just fine while I was writing this short but sweet entry. It stopped dropping more snow, but it's blowing pretty hard. According to the weather reports, turns out it'll be back to normal tomorrow morning and we're still pretty much confined inside my home because it's still currently impractical to drive outside. There's also another snowstorm that is apparently coming in the next few days, but it's definitely much weaker than the one we've braced through. I sincerely hope that I won't have to face against another "weather bomb" next month, as the winter already overstayed its welcome like an obnoxious unwanted guest. I thought January was the worst month, but February takes the cake for its even more annoying weather. Given that we're in the North East of Canada, March will still feel like winter despite the temperatures starting to rise.

In America: Where I live, we have 0cm of snow. Tempertures are 50+.

Did the hurricane back in the Summer hit you when it came? Some people here were powerless for upwards of 2 weeks

Trundle;bt9210 said:
Did the hurricane back in the Summer hit you when it came? Some people here were powerless for upwards of 2 weeks

You meant Arthur? Sure, we had a lot of rain, but it wasn't strong enough to knock the power down for longer than a minute.

Back